Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of this morning, Hamilton from IT saying Texas leads for OL Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie) and OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek). And they are "right there" with OL Kam Dewberry (Humble

Murphy is a take, period.  He is the #2 QB in the class and others want to play with him so it gives us early momentum.  Ewers has committed to OSU so we take the next guy on the board. If we have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, texbound said:

I think the OL will be fine this year.  I like Karic, C. Jones and Kerstetter on the outside (2 out of 3), Angilau, T. Johnson, Oakafor and Hookfin on the inside (2 of 4) and Jake Majors at C (w Kerstetter as his backup in case he goes down).  That's at least 8 guys you can build from.  Garth will be a good one and could develop nicely this year.  Even when Kerstetter and Oakafor moving on next year, I think the Oline will be solid for 2 years.  Need a really good class in 2022 of about 5 guys  to have at least 1 year of development to restock. 

Yep we need to hit very high on this OL class.  Campbell and Banks are must gets.  Multi-year, all-conference types.  Hope we land Neto as well.  

Last year was a major whiff,  although I think Conner will be a contributor.

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes lets hope bad OL play is a thing of the past. Oakfor andKerrsetter returning wlll help at least with depth.

Agreed.

If Kerksetter is healthy, he is a starter.  A starter anywhere other than center! 

5 hours ago, Baron said:

LT Karic

LG Angilau

C Majors

RG ??

RT Kerstetter

Yea... probably Okafor.  This lineup has Kerksetter and Okafor in their best positions IMO.   Kerksetter is a really good guard too.  But Majors at center is a big upgrade from last year.  

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Okafor

I like Okafor at G and think he will do well.  I'm also pulling for him so he make some noise and get noticed by some NFL teams.  However, I'm ready for Tyler Johnson to finally live up to the status he came with.  Time for him to become a All-B12 Olinemen (I still think he needs to play G at this level). 

You know, my son made a bold prediction yesterday and I think it's a strong possibility.  He predicts that after this season of Texas showing the explosive offense that one or both of the Brocks transfer to Texas.  He definitely thinks James will and he thinks if Tommy doesnt start this year that he and dad will decide that UT is the place to be.  Im not saying I want them, but I could see it happening.  I know, I know, let the Brocks go.  

2 hours ago, texbound said:

I like Okafor at G and think he will do well.  I'm also pulling for him so he make some noise and get noticed by some NFL teams.  However, I'm ready for Tyler Johnson to finally live up to the status he came with.  Time for him to become a All-B12 Olinemen (I still think he needs to play G at this level). 

You know, my son made a bold prediction yesterday and I think it's a strong possibility.  He predicts that after this season of Texas showing the explosive offense that one or both of the Brocks transfer to Texas.  He definitely thinks James will and he thinks if Tommy doesnt start this year that he and dad will decide that UT is the place to be.  Im not saying I want them, but I could see it happening.  I know, I know, let the Brocks go.  

You said it yourself. Let the Brocks go. lol

Okafor has been a true guard the whole time, but forced to play tackle because there was no one else better.

Tyler Johnson needs to step up and stake his claim. I agree.

• Administrators

IT reporting Sark and Coach Flood recently had a Zoom call with OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek) for his birthday, and Banks says those guys are "like family."

They believe this continues to be a recruitment Texas should win.

https://247sports.com/player/kelvin-banks-46082828/

• Administrators

Per IT, LB Kip Lewis of Carthage is wide open and they haven't mentioned his twin sister (volleyball player) lately as being a big factor in his recruitment.

A&M, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas are the leaders here, but nobody has separated themselves at this point.

He wants to take a spring visit to Austin, and should have a Zoom call with the Texas coaches this week.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kip-Lewis-46094260/

• Administrators

IT saying they're closely watching the commitment of WR Armani Winfield (Lewisville) right now.

Not much other info was given other than Texas will have to fight to keep him committed with the dead period likely to be lifted once June begins.

The tone of the report was pretty ominous, but we'll see.

https://247sports.com/player/armani-winfield-46056649/

31 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT reporting Sark and Coach Flood recently had a Zoom call with OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek) for his birthday, and Banks says those guys are "like family."

They believe this continues to be a recruitment Texas should win.

https://247sports.com/player/kelvin-banks-46082828/

Perroni still feels very good about aggy on Banks so looks like we may have a sites/mod standoff.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

IT saying they're closely watching the commitment of WR Armani Winfield (Lewisville) right now.

Not much other info was given other than Texas will have to fight to keep him committed with the dead period likely to be lifted once June begins.

The tone of the report was pretty ominous, but we'll see.

https://247sports.com/player/armani-winfield-46056649/

Roach from 247 mentioned he wouldn't be surprised if Texas' class loses another guy once visits open back up, but he added that this is something every school is going to have to deal with considering the vast majority of these players haven't seen a single school yet.