Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Murphy is a take, period.  He is the #2 QB in the class and others want to play with him so it gives us early momentum.  Ewers has committed to OSU so we take the next guy on the board. If we have

Keep up the great work TFloss. We appreciate your work.

Posted Images

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Have we even offered this kid?  And lol at the aggy crystal ball pick.

Herman's staff did originally, but I haven't see anything that he's been re-offered.

My guess is he has due to Coach Flood's connections in the Northeast.

Jaydon Blue 11.02 in the 100M and his 4x100 team did a 41.6

Ernest Cooper: 43'9'' in the shotput

Devon Campbell: 46'1'' in the shotput and 112'7'' in the discus

Blue's time is good and that relay time is very good, especially for this early in the season. Cooper and Campbell's efforts in the shot and disc are below average. 

Watching our future QB on a Pac Fox affiliate. I hate to say it but this kid needs a ton of work. He's nowhere near ready for prime time. If I were ranking players in this class, he'd be a 3-star after this performance. He's way behind most Texas HS QBs. He is certainly not helped by his OL. Its a jailbreak from the snap. He looks bad and his team looks worse.

Maybe he'll look better in the next game.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Watching our future QB on a Pac Fox affiliate. I hate to say it but this kid needs a ton of work. He's nowhere near ready for prime time. If I were ranking players in this class, he'd be a 3-star after this performance. He's way behind most Texas HS QBs. He is certainly not helped by his OL. Its a jailbreak from the snap. He looks bad and his team looks worse.

Maybe he'll look better in the next game.

Not sure if you're still watching, but he's definitely settled in during the 2nd half. Underthrew his WR on a deep shot that resulted in an INT. Came back out and next throw was for a TD. He just tossed another TD to give Serra the lead.

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

Not sure if you're still watching, but he's definitely settled in during the 2nd half. Underthrew his WR on a deep shot that resulted in an INT. Came back out and next throw was for a TD. He just tossed another TD to give Serra the lead.

Glad to hear it. I had changed the channel.

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Glad to hear it. I had changed the channel.

I thought MM looked fairly good overall in his first ever V start.  Always kept his head downfield looking for targets despite relentless pressure and horrible Oline play.  The first half was forgettable, but he settled down in the 2nd half and put his team in position to win against a pretty good LBP squad.  His receivers didn't help him either.  I counted at least 6 or 7 throws that should've been caught. He still has a lot to learn, but he showed some great skills overall and will get a lot better with more reps and games.  Imo, you put Quinn Ewers behind that same Oline and the results might be the same. Well, maybe he would've made a couple more plays based on experience.  However, you put MM behind that Southlake Oline and he would be lights out.  Let's see how he responds in game #2 next week.  One more note, I do wish he would've run a little more when things broke down, but he tried to always make the play with his arm.  That's what I saw at least.

Players to be at the AAU camp in DFW tomorrow:

Devon Campbell, OL, Arlington Bowie
Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Legacy
Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland (OU commit)
Armani Winfield, WR (Texas commit)
Kelvin Banks, OL, Humble Summer Creek
Ernest Cooper, DL, Arlington Martin
Cole Hutson, OL, Frisco
Bryan Allen, DB, Aledo (Texas commit)
Patrick Williams, OL (Texas A&M commit)
Bryce Anderson, DB, Beaumont West Brook
Jamarion Miller, RB, Tyler Legacy
Jaylen Early, OL, Duncanville
Kameron Dewberry, OL, Humble Atascocita
Cameron Williams, OL, Duncanville
Bear Alexander, DL (Georgia commit)
Terrance Brooks, DB, Pope John Paul II
Kristopher Ross, DL, North Shore
Neto Umeozulu, OL, Allen
Kyron Chambers, CB, South Oak Cliff
Torami Dixon, DE, West Rusk
Alvin Ebosele, OL, Coppell
Jay Fair, WR, Rockwell-Heath
Stephon Johnson, WR, Lancaster
Tavorus Jones, RB, El Paso Burges
Jarred Kerr, DB, Lexington
Kip Lewis, LB, Carthage
Owen McCown, QB, Rusk

14 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Lol.... I started to post something like this and decided against it.

Hopefully, with Coach Flood, this is a thing of the past…

Yes lets hope bad OL play is a thing of the past. Oakfor andKerrsetter returning wlll help at least with depth.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes lets hope bad OL play is a thing of the past. Oakfor andKerrsetter returning wlll help at least with depth.

I think the OL will be fine this year.  I like Karic, C. Jones and Kerstetter on the outside (2 out of 3), Angilau, T. Johnson, Oakafor and Hookfin on the inside (2 of 4) and Jake Majors at C (w Kerstetter as his backup in case he goes down).  That's at least 8 guys you can build from.  Garth will be a good one and could develop nicely this year.  Even when Kerstetter and Oakafor moving on next year, I think the Oline will be solid for 2 years.  Need a really good class in 2022 of about 5 guys  to have at least 1 year of development to restock.