Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Uh Oh. I guess this means that Devon is going to Alabama if Saban makes him a primary target. 

Tide makes nation's No. 1 OG Devon Campbell's top schools list

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Tide-makes-nations-No-1-OG-Devon-Campbells-top-schools-list--161606294/

6051377053963026_00036951c0ca33b09243e73a5491dce9aa685092ef0f5e606514eb9c9daeaa0d_:original

Has liked Tx for what seems like forever. Would be devastating to lose him to satan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of this morning, Hamilton from IT saying Texas leads for OL Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie) and OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek). And they are "right there" with OL Kam Dewberry (Humble

Keep up the great work TFloss. We appreciate your work.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Has liked Tx for what seems like forever. Would be devastating to lose him to satan.

I feel a hell of better about this situation with Kyle Flood at Texas than I did with Herb Hand.  Still, it is worrisome to think Saban is on it, but at least Sark and Flood can counter by saying, "yes, Alabama has put lots of guys in the pros, but guess who developed them?"

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

Just as an idea, when you embed and pin this, you might want to keep it as an open thread so people can post changes as they occur.  For instance, it's been said that Bimage and Juwan Mitchell are going to be in the portal if not already there.  I wouldnt make any changes until they actually transfer because they can always come back (unless told no; Mitchell might not have a choice).  

IT is saying that Bama 6-4, 250 lb (former 5*) LB Ben Davis transferred in with one year of eligibility. Even if they list him as a LB, expect him to be on the LOS.  

- any team or roster changes will just stay in the Longhorns discussion thread as we're trying to avoid having repeat info in multiple places.

- Bimage was accepted into a Master's program at Cal, so I took him off.

- we'll keep Mitchell on the roster until there is definitive news there one way or the other.

- we'll get Davis on there when/if he signs. 

9 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

- any team or roster changes will just stay in the Longhorns discussion thread as we're trying to avoid having repeat info in multiple places.

- Bimage was accepted into a Master's program at Cal, so I took him off.

- we'll keep Mitchell on the roster until there is definitive news there one way or the other.

- we'll get Davis on there when/if he signs. 

Ishmael ibraheem?

56 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Let’s be realistic. Saban is a tremendous recruiter at program that, at this time, basically recruits itself. Of course they get a ton of quality kids every year but nobody gets everyone they want. If that were true Bama would sign every 5 star kid. We also would never have heard the phrase “not SEC good” when a kid chose another non SEC school. We have to work harder and sell potential instead of results but The University will be just fine. 

12 hours ago, primal defense said:
Everything you just said is true. Although I'm willing to guess that Darth Saban doesn't win every recruiting battle. He sure lost when Sark stole Banks from him. 

The good thing for UT is Coleman is not going to announce till next January at one of the HS Bowl games. I believe were going to have an exciting offense with either Thompson or Card and Bijan which will further excite recruits.

Bill O'Brien will need to get close to Sark's record breaking offense of 48 points per game. Alabama should be good with Bryce Young and I suppose Bill O'Brien should be a good OC, however if there is a drop in production with Alabama's offense then that will reflect well on Sark.  

One advantage UT has is if he comes to Texas then he knows who his OC is. If O'Brien is successful then he's taking another job.

Kevin said that Sark and Maalik call him every day, so we have ten months and a football season to work on him.

It would be no surprise if  he goes to Alabama. Saban is a cool guy.
UiZ72E.gif

From IT this morning

WR Kevin Coleman, St. Mary’s (St. Louis, MO)

Biggest competition: Alabama

EN: 25%. Texas desperately needs a visit for Coleman to connect with an offensive-minded head coach who also happened to be the architect of the record setting offense of the school he’s competing against. “Coach Saban’s great, he’ll turn you into a first round corner for sure. You really can’t go wrong.”
GH: 35%. Sark gives Texas a chance. Saban would love to beat Sark on a top WR.
JW: 20%. There’s some Maalik appeal here, but Alabama is turning into WRU and that alone gives them the best odds.

12 hours ago, primal defense said:

Uh Oh. I guess this means that Devon is going to Alabama if Saban makes him a primary target. 

Tide makes nation's No. 1 OG Devon Campbell's top schools list

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Tide-makes-nations-No-1-OG-Devon-Campbells-top-schools-list--161606294/

6051377053963026_00036951c0ca33b09243e73a5491dce9aa685092ef0f5e606514eb9c9daeaa0d_:original

Different recruitment. Plus he is not an out of state kid. Context always matter.  But yes if Saban gets 100% involved always be worried. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The IT mods did some percentages this morning on recruits Texas is after.

One notable section was all of them had S Jacoby Mathews of Ponchatoula, LA as better than 70% chance to be a Longhorn right now.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacoby-Mathews-46082680/

I forgot to add, for those who don't know, that Mathews plays on the same 7-on-7 team as S Bryce Anderson.

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Different recruitment. Plus he is not an out of state kid. Context always matter.  But yes if Saban gets 100% involved always be worried. 

I may be overrating Sark as a recruiter. However, when it comes to QBs and WRs I will put Sark in the same category as Saban.

Right now he doesn't have the Alabama brand that Saban has built, however the first half of the NC game was one of the most brilliant offensive planning I've seen. The way he was able to get Devonta Smith open was impressive. I'm surprised a top rated WR didn't commit at half. Oh wait.

IT has said that it will be down to Texas and Alabama for Arch Manning. According to your logic we don't have a chance for Manning since he's an out of state kid.

It's been a long time since UT had a season that excited recruits. We should that kind of season.

It's good that Coleman is waiting till January.

A decision is still about a year away. “I will be committing at the Adidas All-American game,” Coleman said.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Alabama-makes-5-star-WR-Kevin-Colemans-top-eight--161226874/

1 hour ago, WTR said:

Mathews is another one of those athletes you have to find a spot on the field for. 

#2 Ranked Safety

#1 Ranked Athlete 

Currently QB1 at his high school

Kind of like RG3. Mathews is not near as fast or tall but he is one of those players that could legit play multiple positions. 

When I watched RG3 play at Copperas Cove HS, I thought he was a natural at Safety.  His QB skills not nearly as impressive - mainly just his legs (and world class speed).  If the had gone the defensive route, he probably would have had a much longer career.