Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

It's early, however Texas now has five out of their seven commitments in the 24/7 top 100. We are in on 13 out of the top 100 and 15 if you count (1) Ewers and (23) Burton.

6 Harris CB

7 Campbell OL

15 Coleman WR

18 McMillan WR

31 Banks OL

34 Murphy QB committed

40 Stewart WR committed

44 Williams WR

49 Blue RB committed

52 Greene OL

61 Anderson S

84 Winfield WR committed

88 Allen S committed 

1 hour ago, Ntx dog said:

Doesn't bama usually start slow then blow everyone's doors off the last few months before NSD?

Not really. Bama starts off on top and just holds that position or juggles between 1 and 3.

In 2018 though, Bama started slow. At one point, they had the #46th class in the land. Saban tried closing hard and almost made up for the slow start, finishing 5th, which isn't bad. But if you look, they normally have the top class. Not that year.

11 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I still think this is a longshot, but if Sark can pull in Tmac, CJ Williams and Coleman to go along with Stewart and Winfield, that might be the greatest class of WRs Texas has ever pulled.  I know you can go back to the big 3, but this 5 would be epic.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

I still think this is a longshot, but if Sark can pull in Tmac, CJ Williams and Coleman to go along with Stewart and Winfield, that might be the greatest class of WRs Texas has ever pulled.  I know you can go back to the big 3, but this 5 would be epic.

I'm assuming 2000 would be the “big 3” year? BJ Johnson #2, Roy Williams #3 and Sloan Thomas #6 WR’s in the nation. 
We landed the top 6 players in Texas and four 5 ⭐️ recruits. 

If we could land the 5 WR’s mentioned it would possibly be the best haul ever in the nation not just at UT. #2, #3, #5, #6, and #12.
Add the #1 RB and I think the #1 QB (when all is said and done) and it would be the greatest collection of offensive skill position players imaginable. That would definitely expedite our rise to National prominence aka “Dominance” 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

I'm assuming 2000 would be the “big 3” year? BJ Johnson #2, Roy Williams #3 and Sloan Thomas #6 WR’s in the nation. 
We landed the top 6 players in Texas and four 5 ⭐️ recruits. 

If we could land the 5 WR’s mentioned it would possibly be the best haul ever in the nation not just at UT. #2, #3, #5, #6, and #12.
Add the #1 RB and I think the #1 QB (when all is said and done) and it would be the greatest collection of offensive skill position players imaginable. That would definitely expedite our rise to National prominence aka “Dominance” 

Exciting post!  OL take note - we need you!

Would you count Jefferies (sp) in that 2000 group?  I believe he was an athlete who played QB in high school.... ended up playing WR.

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Exciting post!  OL take note - we need you!

Would you count Jefferies (sp) in that 2000 group?  I believe he was an athlete who played QB in high school.... ended up playing WR.

I was looking at it strictly from a rating standpoint. Production wise we definitely did a better job of developing players. 
Tony Jeffery was the same year and not ranked by 247. Nathan Vasher was in the class unranked also. 
The class itself was only #6 overall. 23 signed only 8 ranked by 247 all but one was top 50 nationally and he was 57.