Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Murphy is a take, period.  He is the #2 QB in the class and others want to play with him so it gives us early momentum.  Ewers has committed to OSU so we take the next guy on the board. If we have

Keep up the great work TFloss. We appreciate your work.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Edwin Simmons?

Thats what I was thinking. I've heard they may move him to TE if he comes here.

Since I'm posting, I'm talking to my buddy on the phone right now. There is a chance that something really big happens in the next 3-5 days. Its so big and would be somewhat controversial that I'm not going to throw the name out. Its a little iffy at this point so just wait and see if it holds true.

It would be insane if it did.

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Since I'm posting, I'm talking to my buddy on the phone right now. There is a chance that something really big happens in the next 3-5 days. Its so big and would be somewhat controversial that I'm not going to throw the name out. Its a little iffy at this point so just wait and see if it holds true.

Insane in a good way? 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Now that's just not even fair. First name starts with? Lol

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I have seen and heard lots of chatter regarding Ewers as well, not saying its happening but i will definitely say its more than simply "iffy" right now. 

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

LJ? Chris Warren?

Lil Jordan was a receiver. Warren was 6'3

Edwin Simmons, as mentioned above was the last I remember. 

And just to let you know how long ago that was . . . I was named to the All-East Texas team and stood next to Edwin Simmons in the group picture.

Fact or Fiction: QB Maalik Murphy is set to commit to Texas

Farrell’s take: FICTION. There have been rumors that the talented West Coast quarterback is leaning toward Texas and there could be some truth to that. However, Murphy has also been linked to other schools such as Oregon, UCLA, Michigan and others at this point in the process. A lot will come down to how long he wants to wait and if he can get out for some visits. I expect the big-name quarterbacks to be off the board by June at the latest, so Texas is in good shape here it seems, but I don’t see a commitment immediately.

Gorney’s take: FACT. Murphy has watched many other quarterbacks come off the board recently and the four-star quarterback is a smart kid who could be getting closer to a decision. He has had an excellent relationship with new Texas coach Steve Sarkisian for a long time and the offense would be perfect for what Murphy can do. The Longhorns have an edge in his recruitment. UCLA, Oregon and others are also high on the list.

https://florida.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-qb-maalik-murphy-is-set-to-commit-to-texas

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Lil Jordan was a receiver. Warren was 6'3

Edwin Simmons, as mentioned above was the last I remember. 

And just to let you know how long ago that was . . . I was named to the All-East Texas team and stood next to Edwin Simmons in the group picture.

Is that picture in tintype?

40 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Winfred Tubbs played RB before moving to LB.   Burleson (recruited as a QB) played FB before moving to TE.  Both above 6-4.

Edwin was a reconstructed knee away from being in the conversation with Earl and Ricky.  

A reconstructed knee and too many marijuana cigarettes. Remember they caught him in the backyard of someone’s house with no clothes on and didn’t know where he was??? He was a talent though. 

3 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

A reconstructed knee and too many marijuana cigarettes. Remember they caught him in the backyard of someone’s house with no clothes on and didn’t know where he was??? He was a talent though. 

I could be wrong.... but I believe the naked bootleg was after the knee surgery.  Probably going through tough times.

I also believe Edwin went on to get a law degree??  Doing well and is loyal to the Horns...

11 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Simmons had one leg shorter than the other. It was not discovered until really the end of his time. They tried a specially fitted boot or shoe, but it didnt really help. 

Then again I also remember that I was smart and handsome so I might have that part a bit fuzzy.....

You are correct about Simmons. The smart and handsome part is something I can't help you with.:)