Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of this morning, Hamilton from IT saying Texas leads for OL Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie) and OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek). And they are "right there" with OL Kam Dewberry (Humble

Keep up the great work TFloss. We appreciate your work.

Posted Images

Murphy is a take, period. 
He is the #2 QB in the class and others want to play with him so it gives us early momentum. 
Ewers has committed to OSU so we take the next guy on the board. If we have a good season and Ewers wants to come we take him also. The top 5 QB’s can verbally commit and they can decide if they want to sign and compete or not. The cream always rises to the top.

Swoopes may not have been the best QB but a lot of that had to do with who was in charge of developing him.  I remember when he was being recruited that I had a difficult time wrapping my head around why he he was so touted considering where he played his high school ball (Whitewright) and the fact that those teams he qb'd were HORRIBLE (I think they went 1-9 his senior year iirc).  Regardless, when he arrived he was all TEXAS and I became a fan due to his unselfish play.

My point in bringing up Swoops was that he was a big guy....with a big arm, but we didnt have much film on him. Throwing in VY as a comparison is kind of silly in that we had TONS of film on him....hell his championship game was on TV for anyone to look at. Vince was the # 1 HS recruit for that cycle....had a 1,000 rating...

32 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Swoopes was a 5* that should have played TE.

You're absolutely right, but he was a quarterback at his small school because of his athleticism. Doubtful he would have ever been noticed as a tight end there. His potential at tight end should have been seen by his college coaches, and may have been, but at the time, we really needed a quarterback more. 

4 minutes ago, UTfish said:

You're absolutely right, but he was a quarterback at his small school because of his athleticism. Doubtful he would have ever been noticed as a tight end there. His potential at tight end should have been seen by his college coaches, and may have been, but at the time, we really needed a quarterback more. 

Right, much like Ja'Tavion Sanders playing QB, WR, TE, DE, and whatever else they played him at while at Ryan.  Using Swoopes as a QB was on Mack.

44 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

My point in bringing up Swoops was that he was a big guy....with a big arm, but we didnt have much film on him. Throwing in VY as a comparison is kind of silly in that we had TONS of film on him....hell his championship game was on TV for anyone to look at. Vince was the # 1 HS recruit for that cycle....had a 1,000 rating...

Hudson Card had no film when we took his commitment and that seems to look pretty good a year in. My only point is it goes both ways. I think we will know a lot more about Murphy by this summer.

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

Swoopes was a 5* that should have played TE.

Swooped should’ve never been asked to take a snap until he was a Rs-Jr.  He was raw.  Extremely talented, but raw.  He should’ve been given time to learn the game better and absorb it before he ever competed for the job.  

I have referenced on this before. 
Mack got who he wanted with few offers- those days are gone. 

Strong- I’m not for how his offer list looked but I know how on the field looked. 

Herman- low amount of offers and bragged about how he wanted an offer from Texas to mean something. I get that but when you’re trying to rebuild that might not be the best approach. Of course he wasn’t going to change because he was so smart. He did recruit fairly well.....not elite but fairly well. 

Sark- it’ll be interesting to see how his offer amount and list looks. 

I am no Mensa but we way of thinking is my offers should look like Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St. That’s where we’re trying to get so we shouldn’t have way less offers than those teams. We’ll see how it goes. 

73C7E3D0-023E-4100-861F-974F2DA57B1D.jpeg

• Administrators

Two notes from IT...

- Texas has surged the past week for OL Kelvin Banks of Humble Summer Creek, so much so that people around his high school believe the Longhorns now lead. Coach Flood has done a great job playing catch-up and it doesn't hurt that Texas was Banks' favorite in the early stages of his recruitment.

- they are saying that Texas now has a "nice lead" with S Bryce Anderson of Beaumont West Brook, mainly due to Coach Joseph. The rest of the staff has followed recruiting him hard and they think he could make a decision within a month.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-anderson-46058493/