Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

Earlier this week multiple reports suggested an impending closer look at Texas football set for Monday. It may eventually be the case but is far from a certainty as of Wednesday afternoon.

"I don't know for sure yet if I'm going to go out there on the 15th," Murphy said. "My quarterback coach is thinking about going out there to train with some guys from out there. If I'm able to join, and go with him out there, that would be a great experience. But if not, I'll be stable here at home. It's not a for sure thing.

"I do like Texas a lot. Texas fans are probably the craziest fans (laughing) that I've dealt with. They are the most tapped-in on my Twitter feed. As a regular person, you come to my Twitter and see so much Texas, you're gonna think Texas. That's just what's gonna happen."

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/top-qb-recruit-maalik-murphy-on-2021-season-texas-talk-and-more

IT Mods also pointed out more than once today that the advantage of Murphy committing is that he and Ewers are friendly and talk/text/chat often.  Ewers would be much more likely to consider Texas as an additional QB commit with Murphy in the fold.  However, if Klubnik committed, Ewers would be done as those two are not tight whatsoever.  Basically, take Murphy now and stay on Ewers till the end.....which I realize is contrary to SHA's sourced intel, but I found it interesting to see on IT today.

16 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Regardless, you don't take two highly rated QB's (seldom works out in the current portal climate), it's typically always the top recruit signing off on a lessor to join the class.  Murphy has some serious arm talent and he is definitely the take over Klubnik.   I like Klubnik, but... with his parents being Aggie's and the chance the newest Aggie QB commit goes pro in baseball, I think there is a good chance that is where he lands.  Oddly enough, Jimbo offered Murphy just a few days ago.  Why do that if you have your guy?!

Agree.  But go ahead and take 2 with the expectation that one will transfer.  The one lower on the depth chart. 

11 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

IT Mods also pointed out more than once today that the advantage of Murphy committing is that he and Ewers are friendly and talk/text/chat often.  Ewers would be much more likely to consider Texas as an additional QB commit with Murphy in the fold.  However, if Klubnik committed, Ewers would be done as those two are not tight whatsoever.  Basically, take Murphy now and stay on Ewers till the end.....which I realize is contrary to SHA's sourced intel, but I found it interesting to see on IT today.

Nobody is signing the top 2 Pro style QB's in the same class.  

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

This kid is a big fan of former Texas LB De'Gabriel Floyd, as you can see in his choice of pictures.

LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka (Mission Hills, CA)

https://247sports.com/Player/Niuafe-Tuihalamaka-46079819/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11533011/Niuafe-Jr-Tuihalamaka

The young man has speed, good motor and a nose for the football. 

Do want. 

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

Nobody is signing the top 2 Pro style QB's in the same class.  

Murphy won't remain a 5 star until or if he actually puts some decent play on film that warrants it.  His measurables and camp performances are his only justification thus far, which is extremely iffy to project to D1 P5 game conditions.  Murphy would be QB2 and have a much longer developmental curve.

They're mesmerized with his abilities and he will continue to shine in camp settings.  The kid has an elite arm. The star gazers won't back off.  Cali not playing football won't matter much.  Whether he is a 4 or 5 matters very little, he is a take if you've moved on from Ewers.

You will never get these two kids in the same class.

18 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Murphy won't remain a 5 star until or if he actually puts some decent play on film that warrants it.  His measurables and camp performances are his only justification thus far, which is extremely iffy to project to D1 P5 game conditions.  Murphy would be QB2 and have a much longer developmental curve.

Agree. He may very well have the competitive spirit and leadership skills needed, but accuracy and arm strength alone are not enough. The ones doing the rankings know this and apparently they have seen enough, so far, to justify 5*s. Would think he must be very impressive to be ranked that high with limited exposure. 

• Administrators

RB Jaydon Blue (Klein Cain) told IT that he speaks with OL Kam Dewberry (Humble Atascocita) and OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek) a lot about potentially committing to UT.

He mentioned they all go back to little league playing on the same team or against each other.

https://247sports.com/player/kam-dewberry-46056698/

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Murphy likely commits very soon.  

What's interesting in this article is Murphy mentioning that he may not be in Austin next week.

"I don't know for sure yet if I'm going to go out there on the 15th," Murphy said. "My quarterback coach is thinking about going out there to train with some guys from out there. If I'm able to join, and go with him out there, that would be a great experience. But if not, I'll be stable here at home. It's not a for sure thing."

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/top-qb-recruit-maalik-murphy-on-2021-season-texas-talk-and-more

2 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Those two won't see it that way. Very unlikely you get two 5-stars at the same place.