Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB update on Campbell today said they still believe Texas holds a lead for Campbell, but the lead has shrunk recently. OU has gained ground they think.

 

Someone may want to tell them that Campbell has signed with Texas already. LMAO

 

What a bunch of dumb asses over there. LMAO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I have. All just opinions so for. Sark may be good but he can not make spaces. Time will tell

Hey, I'm the first to admit that I don't know exactly how all the numbers work and everything. I'm just going what I read about more players visiting which makes me think that Sark intends to keep going. And, as far as him not being able to make spaces, he actually can if he chooses to tell certain players to hit the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Hey, I'm the first to admit that I don't know exactly how all the numbers work and everything. I'm just going what I read about more players visiting which makes me think that Sark intends to keep going. And, as far as him not being able to make spaces, he actually can if he chooses to tell certain players to hit the road. 

Welcome to the club. We all wonder about recruiting. Sark proably hae a assistant to keep up with numbers as he has other things more important.

Coaches always offer 4 or5 players to one space.

PerNCAa rules the 25 number is a hard number players leaving does not affect it. If 50 leave still can sign 25.

This is why the 7 extra were granted to help Tennessee and others who lost so many players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Welcome to the club. We all wonder about recruiting. Sark proably hae a assistant to keep up with numbers as he has other things more important.

Coaches always offer 4 or5 players to one space.

PerNCAa rules the 25 number is a hard number players leaving does not affect it. If 50 leave still can sign 25.

This is why the 7 extra were granted to help Tennessee and others who lost so many players. 

We can back count some of the early enrollees from this years 25 to 2021 class. That is the doubt. How many can we back count?

Also can put players in grey/blue shirts, and can put guys on academic scholarships. Tons of ways to go over 32. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

We can back count some of the early enrollees from this years 25 to 2021 class. That is the doubt. How many can we back count?

Also can put players in grey/blue shirts, and can put guys on academic scholarships. Tons of ways to go over 32. 

Yes early enrolles can be counted to previous class.2021 class had per ESPN 23. then 2020 had 19. so how many counted where

 As I understand it transfers take up available spaces. B Davis Dunn ectra had to take up some spaces.

Grey shirts have oneyear and blue shirts have two to enroll but count towards future classes and can not play till then.And in the days of NIL who would grey shirt?

Heck I would like to see 40 but see no way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I have. All just opinions so for. Sark may be good but he can not make spaces. Time will tell

I wonder the same thing. It seems like most schools are losing more then 7 players to the portal. I have not heard about any moves from the ncaa to go beyond the up to 7 extra(one per portal loss) but considering the current environment going beyond 7 would make sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew there was something else that may factor into the number of players that can be taken this year and I just saw in a post on OB. Supposedly the NCAA is considering lifting the limits for this class only and Sark is operating like it is a done deal that it will happen or already knows that it will happen. Or something like that. 

Maybe someone knows a little bit more about it than what I just said and can chime in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dssl said:

I wonder the same thing. It seems like most schools are losing more then 7 players to the portal. I have not heard about any moves from the ncaa to go beyond the up to 7 extra(one per portal loss) but considering the current environment going beyond 7 would make sense. 

Last season teams averaged 19.3 transfers and so for this season are averaging 13.8. I have not seen any talk of 7 being in reased First time commitee did not pass7. Two weeks changed thier minds.

There is a good article on 24/7 about coaches asking forchanges. Mostly for portal windows, likeNFL free agcentlyhas.

Its a great big mess and changes are needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ntx dog said:

So is Campbell signed or not? This visit leads me to believe he's still open.

They were probably there to see 2023 Kelby Valsin, a 6'2, 180 WR at Bowie. His stock has been rising fast lately. He just picked up an offer from Tech recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...