Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

If they need a blocking TE go with Connor or another OL, would be a better blocker than any TE.

I belive  texbound numbers are accurate good work.

I’m confident in the 3 freshman from last year and Liebrock. If they can’t go I’m very happy playing 2 RBs and letting RoJo block some for Bijan and get them the ball creatively. Or run more 4 WR sets. Put Marcus Washington at TE a couple snaps. He blocked better than half our OLine this year. 

1 hour ago, Brad Usrey said:

Please tell what quality  LB we have?

Overshown the coaches like him or would not have taken him back. Maybe Ford.

It does not matter about talent, just can not over load one position with bodies. This has been hurting Horns for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

It does not matter about talent, just can not over load one position with bodies. This has been hurting Horns for quite a while.

When Ford began getting more playing time at the end of the season, he looked pretty good.

Mo Blackwell looked better in limited action there at the end. Overshown is back.

I think Adoye entered the portal or graduated. If he's still here, he likely won't play.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:09 PM, Eastexhorn said:

I heard Drew Sanders from Denton Ryan entered the portal. This young man is really good ! Class act all the way around. Would be a monster pick up

49 minutes ago, Billybass said:

I heard Drew Sanders from Denton Ryan entered the portal. This young man is really good ! Class act all the way around. Would be a monster pick up

Yes. We've discussed him in the Transfer Portal thread. Hopefully visiting Austin on Friday.

1 hour ago, Basis Points said:

Huh???  I am waiting for one more very special announcement, but I expect it will be February.

Yea but he’s already signed.

We stopped really pursuing guys like Matthews, Citizen, etc. I think the staff sees better options in the portal to balance out the class sizes. 

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

So youal are saying there is 30 commitments, leaves3or 2 open.

247 is showing 27 signed and 2 transfers for a total of 29. And another commit that has not signed, Ronald Lewis. 

Devon Campbell would make 30 and they can take 33. 

I don't know how accurate this is but I have also read elsewhere that if Texas takes 33, that 4 more players currently on the roster will have to "voluntarily" transfer. Again, I am not saying that. It's just what I have read. 

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

247 is showing 27 signed and 2 transfers for a total of 29. And another commit that has not signed, Ronald Lewis. 

Devon Campbell would make 30 and they can take 33. 

I don't know how accurate this is but I have also read elsewhere that if Texas takes 33, that 4 more players currently on the roster will have to "voluntarily" transfer. Again, I am not saying that. It's just what I have read. 

I had 33 in my head as well, but then Sark said something about 36 as the target or something like that.  So, I have 36 in my head as the target if the right players are there.

2 minutes ago, texbound said:

I had 33 in my head as well, but then Sark said something about 36 as the target or something like that.  So, I have 36 in my head as the target if the right players are there.

For sure there is 25+7 for 32. Any more would have to be from last year's class. Belive these were used for portal transfers. Who would know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

For sure there is 25+7 for 32. Any more would have to be from last year's class. Belive these were used for portal transfers. Who would know for sure.

I think it also has something to do with being able to count one of the early enrollees as a 2021 commit. So that's 32 + 1 for the 33 number that's being thrown around.