Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Why does it matter when he announces? Let the young man have his moment. He wants to announce on signing day, at his school, surrounded by his friends and family, perhaps? 

If he has signed, you know who already knows, the Texas coaching staff. That's all that matters at this point. Steve Sarkisian knows 100% whether he is signed or still looking. He doesn't need to announce on your time table to appease you and your need for clarity about his college choice.

Inquiring minds want to know.

13 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Why does it matter when he announces? Let the young man have his moment. He wants to announce on signing day, at his school, surrounded by his friends and family, perhaps? 

If he has signed, you know who already knows, the Texas coaching staff. That's all that matters at this point. Steve Sarkisian knows 100% whether he is signed or still looking. He doesn't need to announce on your time table to appease you and your need for clarity about his college choice.

Although that was a pretty snarky reply, I will calmly give you my reason for asking the question.

In the last several years we have been told many times that so and so has issued a "silent commit" only to find out that it never happened. We were told he was going to announce at the UA game, but it did not happen. Had the original notation said he would announce in Feb then so be it. Certainly he owes me no explanation. Perhaps he was upset that OB claimed he was a silent signer. I was just thinking out loud. sorry it struck you wrong.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Although that was a pretty snarky reply, I will calmly give you my reason for asking the question.

In the last several years we have been told many times that so and so has issued a "silent commit" only to find out that it never happened. We were told he was going to announce at the UA game, but it did not happen. Had the original notation said he would announce in Feb then so be it. Certainly he owes me no explanation. Perhaps he was upset that OB claimed he was a silent signer. I was just thinking out loud. sorry it struck you wrong.

I understand the confusion. It can be frustrating. Some of these kids DO make themselves "silent" commits and I think the healthy attitude for the fan to take is that it means nothing until they remove the "silent' part.

Some kids change their minds like they change underwear. 

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I understand the confusion. It can be frustrating. Some of these kids DO make themselves "silent" commits and I think the healthy attitude for the fan to take is that it means nothing until they remove the "silent' part.

Some kids change their minds like they change underwear. 

Nothing matters in recruiting until the LOI is signed. Doesn't matter if it's silent or not silent. 

"Some kids change their minds like they change underwear." 

So you're saying some kids hardly change their mind 🙂

• Administrators

FYI I'm going to give y'all a weekly recruiting recap each Saturday evening (starting tonight) with all of the in-state offers, commitments and de-commitments by class.

I know some of you don't invest much in recruiting or don't have time for social media, so this will be a quick recap to help you familiarize yourself with everything going on and to better understand how some of it may relate to Texas' recruiting efforts.

Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to provide feedback/suggestions.

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

FYI I'm going to give y'all a weekly recruiting recap each Saturday evening (starting tonight) with all of the in-state offers, commitments and de-commitments by class.

I know some of you don't invest much in recruiting or don't have time for social media, so this will be a quick recap to help you familiarize yourself with everything going on and to better understand how some of it may relate to Texas' recruiting efforts.

Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to provide feedback/suggestions.

Excellent! Thank you!