Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Administrators
On 12/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

@TFloss32, is this the result of UT telling him there's no more room at the inn? Or is he looking for a reason not to come to UT?

Not expecting him to sign with Texas regardless.

Florida has Raymond from LSU now as their DBs coach.

I agree,  the OL is going to be great.  Just not sure it is next year when these freshmen will be going against people with 3-4 years of extra weight training and practices.  However, technique matters and I do think it will be an upgrade of a couple spots and much needed depth.  What also has me super excited is that the new freshman line will produce the foundation for a great line for the future that should eliminate a reason for Manning to reject us.  Not saying he will pick us, it just helps equalize the more established lines of Alabama, Georgia, etc. as these signees will be RS Fresh or Sophomores by the time Manning hits the field.  We also have more OL signees than spots so it will be interesting to see how well Flood can keep them.

1 hour ago, Basis Points said:

I agree,  the OL is going to be great.  Just not sure it is next year when these freshmen will be going against people with 3-4 years of extra weight training and practices.  However, technique matters and I do think it will be an upgrade of a couple spots and much needed depth.  What also has me super excited is that the new freshman line will produce the foundation for a great line for the future that should eliminate a reason for Manning to reject us.  Not saying he will pick us, it just helps equalize the more established lines of Alabama, Georgia, etc. as these signees will be RS Fresh or Sophomores by the time Manning hits the field.  We also have more OL signees than spots so it will be interesting to see how well Flood can keep them.

I'm not going to say that the OL will be great, but I do think it will improve. Check back in 2023, then you will see if this class of OL is developing the way we want. This class will be the ones to improve things because next year's recruiting class for OL is down in Texas. Three guards and one tackle in the top 50 per 247.

I think some of the OL in this class are already better than what we have. Give them another summer in the weight room and they'll be fine. I think our OL will be much improved, but due to the youth, we will occasionally make those freshman mistakes. But physically, I don't see a problem.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Lots of Horns are pissed off about this today. And for some reason that I haven't discovered yet, they're pissed at AAS writer Brian Davis.

But oh yeah, McKinzie was so upset about the money thing that he committed to Texas.

Brian Davis quote tweeted this and said "Take note of this, Texas." I imagine there aren't many Texas fans who like him to begin with based on his negativity towards Texas so this probably just led everyone to pop off. 

And yes, this story and statement from McKinzie doesn't really hold water. Like you said, why did he commit if he didn't like the pitch? It has been nice to see Texas commits chiming in and stating that they didn't agree with what he said.

12 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Well its all bullshit until Texas stops getting ass raped in the Cotton Bowl every year. Beat the mother f##kers is all that matters. 

Exactly.  Money, atmosphere, tradition; all doesn't matter.  ou has beaten us repeatedly and until that stops we're 2nd tier in the big12.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:20 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Well its all bullshit until Texas stops getting ass raped in the Cotton Bowl every year. Beat the mother f##kers is all that matters. 

I get it, but south park beat a dead horse GIF I like having hope every August.

We are second fiddle to no one!  Why?  Because I said so, that’s why. 

If you think so, fine, there is the door.  I am sick of that crap!  You have a loser mentality, not the guys that give it everything they have.  You are the ones that boo if things go wrong, that leave before the Eyes, and whine if the QB throws an interception.

Our last two coaches may have screwed the pooch, but that in no way means that our team is composed of losers.  Now cut the crap, or find another team!  I went to Texas, paid for my child to go to Texas, and you need to put up or shut up.

Hook ‘em!

16 minutes ago, java said:

If you think so, fine, there is the door.  I am sick of that crap!  You have a loser mentality, not the guys that give it everything they have.  You are the ones that boo if things go wrong, that leave before the Eyes, and whine if the QB throws an interception.

Our last two coaches may have screwed the pooch, but that in no way means that our team is composed of losers.  Now cut the crap, or find another team!  I went to Texas, paid for my child to go to Texas, and you need to put up or shut up.

Hook ‘em!

I paid for my child to go to Texas and she got 2 degrees…

I believe we are second fiddle to everyone who is in the discussion for the National Championship. We shouldn’t be but we are and I am ready for that to change.

I’m hopeful but my hopes have been smashed the last few years.

21 minutes ago, java said:

Hook ‘em!

tenor.gif?itemid=15566834&f=1&nofb=1