2 hours ago, texbound said:

So, what are the odds for each of remaining recruits to be in the UT class:

Devon Campbell Yes

Harold Perkins No

Jacoby Mathews Maybe

Kevin Coleman (I thought he signed with FSU, but he didn't) No

Larry Turner-Gooden Yes

Amari Abor No

Does Texas have room and still able to get a couple of guys in the portal. 

To me Devon and LTG seem like the most probable.

According to the interwebs

I heard in the LHN special on the evening of signing day 1 that Sark said something about getting upto 36, but the way it sounded was that is was possible to get there through by the signings in Feb. and those leaving and those that he and the staff might target and get via the portal. Not signing that many as there are limits. As long as they get to 85 by August.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

The NCAA gave every one an extra 7. Then there is the 25. Total of 32.

Any others would have to carry over from last year. And they used those spaces on transfers Dunn , Davis Worthy etc. Time will tell.

My understanding is they had one carry over. So that would allow 26+7=33. Either they have more then one carry over or they are talking about using grey shirts(delayed scholarship) or maybe he is counting preferred walk ons.

In the world of NIL it seems like only a matter of time before preferred walk ons at a school like Texas are paid well enough to attract athletes that could get scholarships at other programs.

3 hours ago, dssl said:

In the world of NIL it seems like only a matter of time before preferred walk ons at a school like Texas are paid well enough to attract athletes that could get scholarships at other programs.

Yep, this will be one of the unintended consequences of NIL. Scholarship limits could easily be circumvented this way. Heck, your 5 star studs could help you free up room for recruits by dropping their scholarships. Bijan is bringing in millions, could easily pay for his schooling if it meant Texas could sign another 5 star lineman. 

45 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

24/7       ESPN

27           27   2018 class

25           25   2019  class

19           19     2020  class

20-21     23     2021   class

Above is listing of number of recruits signed each year.

I'm confused by the 2021 signed.  According to 247 26 have signed the LOI for 2021:

Screenshot_20211226-171447.png