Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

12 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I don't see anyway we are in the sec in 2022 and the clock is ticking on 2023 now...  2023 will be the earliest but 2024 is becoming a possibility everyday.

MB coming with the receipts! Curious, what would be the hurdle or hurdles we need to overcome in order to get into the SEC before 2023? It can’t be $$.

7 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I don't see anyway we are in the sec in 2022 and the clock is ticking on 2023 now...  2023 will be the earliest but 2024 is becoming a possibility everyday.

Highly doubtful 2022 happens. But the most likely outcome is 2023. Again. BYU starts Big 12 play in 2023. The last word on the other teams was 2024 at the latest. So high likelihood they would join with BYU. So odds are they are playing in the Big 12 in 2023. You expect Texas and ou to split revenue with teams they did not cast a vote to join?? You think the Big 12 wants that headache that could drag out and cost them money? They will make a deal with both teams so they can start their new Big 12. And we will be in the SEC in 2023. 

Just now, WTR said:

MB coming with the receipts! Curious, what would be the hurdle or hurdles we need to overcome in order to get into the SEC before 2023? It can’t be $$.

There are no real hurdles for Texas. We would just have to pay a shit ton of money. The issue may be ou not being able to pay said shit ton of money. 

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I honestly think that all parties involved always planned for OU and Texas to leave in 2024; that is when the Big 12 will be adding Cincy, Houston, and UCF (BYU having already been added in 2023)

37 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Westlake's junior DE, Colton Vasek, is even better. Hopefully, we get him too. Defensive MVP in the 6A-D2 State Championship. 

In fairness to Burke, he was playing with a cast on his hand, was double teamed a lot during the game thus freeing up others to make plays and still made some great plays. I agree it would be nice to get both.

16 hours ago, WTR said:

Sure it can be money. Not ours, but OUs. SEC won't take us one at a time. We have to both go. So we're forced to wait until OU can get its coins together.

• Administrators

IT had an update on DE Omari Abor of Duncanville where a source told them they don't expect much to happen with Texas.

They believe what's mostly going on is Abor using Texas as leverage to get the attention of Ohio State since they left him in the dark with their coaching changes.

https://247sports.com/Player/Omari-Abor-46057207/

11 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT had an update on DE Omari Abor of Duncanville where a source told them they don't expect much to happen with Texas.

They believe what's mostly going on is Abor using Texas as leverage to get the attention of Ohio State since they left him in the dark with their coaching changes.

I did notice 2 things during the state title game. He took off the Texas gloves for the second half and he didn't play all out on every play. In fact, he stood there several times instead of pursing the ball. If he does come to Texas for some reason, the coaches will coach him out of the later because if not, het wont play and he'll enter the portal.

41 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I did notice 2 things during the state title game. He took off the Texas gloves for the second half and he didn't play all out on every play. In fact, he stood there several times instead of pursing the ball. If he does come to Texas for some reason, the coaches will coach him out of the later because if not, het wont play and he'll enter the portal.

I’d like to think you’re right.  However, I posted a video weeks ago, breaking down defensive players not pursuing.  I’d like to think this earns said player(s) a spot on the bench but it didn’t seem to in 2021.

Even on Obar’s Hudl video you see him not pursuing the ball.  You also see that he’s a tremendous talent.  

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I’d like to think you’re right.  However, I posted a video weeks ago, breaking down defensive players not pursuing.  I’d like to think this earns said player(s) a spot on the bench but it didn’t seem to in 2021.

Even on Obar’s Hudl video you see him not pursuing the ball.  You also see that he’s a tremendous talent.  

I admit to not watching any of his tape since those are highlights however the one game I did watch was the state championship game and that is what I observed. I wouldn't be disappointed if he came since I'm sure Bo Davis would coach him right.

17 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Honestly, if he doesn't want to be all in as a Longhorn then fine. Nothing against the young man, but he isn't all in then I really don't want him on the team.  Great talent, but I want 100% buy in on recruits.  If he buys in then great.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Honestly, if he doesn't want to be all in as a Longhorn then fine. Nothing against the young man, but he isn't all in then I really don't want him on the team.  Great talent, but I want 100% buy in on recruits.  If he buys in then great.

In all fairness, I think its just a bad habit he's developed over time. He is so seldom run at on his side. And Duncanville's defense usually holds its own on the other side, too. Still, the opponents viewed him as the higher risk option to run at.

But, its a habit he's got to get out of. You've got to hustle up here at this level.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In all fairness, I think its just a bad habit he's developed over time. He is so seldom run at on his side. And Duncanville's defense usually holds its own on the other side, too. Still, the opponents viewed him as the higher risk option to run at.

But, its a habit he's got to get out of. You've got to hustle up here at this level.

Yeah, I wasn't saying anything about his talent or his play...I was referring to him using Texas to get attention from TOSU if that is what he is doing (according to the Tfloss post from IT).  I just want kids/players that really want to play for the Texas on the jersey.