Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, texbound said:

Any news on OL transfer targets like Bray Walker or JC Latham (not sure if he is officially in the portal or not).  Has Texas been in contact at all?

I know we have a portal thread.

No sir, I won't hold out on you.

8 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The more I read, tomorrow's news may not necessarily be a specific recruit committing, but rather an NIL deal.

Possibly something for the OL.

I have to disagree because TFB mods tonight are talking about a "specific Texas target" and urging patience.

And then there's this which probably does speak to something for the OL

609834FA-7BEF-4288-A87E-FF63E586B8A8.thumb.jpeg.90ac405ae813c29dcf28a88b3ecc7f97.jpeg

My son sent this to me.  Said this was in the Texas recruits instagram chat this evening.

Someone care to explain why 5* Luther Burden was in the chat and what kind of news will he have?  Not trying to start a new rumor, but I thought it was interesting.

10773665.jpeg

9 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Did Banks just commit to Texas?

1 minute ago, texbound said:

My son sent this to me.  Said this was in the Texas recruits instagram chat this evening.

Someone care to explain why 5* Luther Burden was in the chat and what kind of news will he have? 

10773665.jpeg

Millenial here, let me help you boomers out.

The "Banks to Texas" you saw was probably a hashtag (or what you call a pound sign). Hashtag's are typically way to categorize online content. Similar to this forum having different threads, ex 2022 recruiting. If 2022 recruiting were a hashtag, you could click that hashtag and see all the tweets tagged with the hashtag. 

Many of our current commits have been tweeting things regarding our current recruiting targets and adding the hashtag "#BankstoTexas", "#CampbelltoTexas", "EwerstoTexas", etc... Doesn't mean that are committed, just guys encouraging the move.

In terms of the instagram live screenshot, several recruits have been hosting these chats (Derrick Brown and Justice Finkley) and having a lot of current texas commits or targets hop on. Nice to see the Luther Burden was at least watching and commenting but I'd think his comment could be in regards to about anything (A top 5, All American Game commitment, the burrito he ate). 

18 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Millenial here, let me help you boomers out.

The "Banks to Texas" you saw was probably a hashtag (or what you call a pound sign). Hashtag's are typically way to categorize online content. Similar to this forum having different threads, ex 2022 recruiting. If 2022 recruiting were a hashtag, you could click that hashtag and see all the tweets tagged with the hashtag. 

Many of our current commits have been tweeting things regarding our current recruiting targets and adding the hashtag "#BankstoTexas", "#CampbelltoTexas", "EwerstoTexas", etc... Doesn't mean that are committed, just guys encouraging the move.

In terms of the instagram live screenshot, several recruits have been hosting these chats (Derrick Brown and Justice Finkley) and having a lot of current texas commits or targets hop on. Nice to see the Luther Burden was at least watching and commenting but I'd think his comment could be in regards to about anything (A top 5, All American Game commitment, the burrito he ate). 

Thanks for the education.

Just thought it was interesting and so did my 22 year old son.  All I'm saying.

23 minutes ago, texbound said:

Thanks for the education.

Just thought it was interesting and so did my 22 year old son.  All I'm saying.

Definitely intriguing and a positive sign overall. At a minimum we know he is buds with the Texas commits and actively engaging. Haven't heard much about him and Texas in a while. Maybe Ewers jumping on board could get Texas back in it?

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

Definitely intriguing and a positive sign overall. At a minimum we know he is buds with the Texas commits and actively engaging. Haven't heard much about him and Texas in a while. Maybe Ewers jumping on board could get Texas back in it?

Luther is probably just checking in with guys he knows and wants to talk to. But unless Texas is ready to him multiple 6 figure NIL deals. Unlikely  for him to change from Missouri. That is why he flipped from BlowU to Missouri.  Now maybe in a year he wants to transfer that could happen. He wants the same type of NIL money as Ewers and most of these high profile kids want. We maybe the Jones's, but the BMDs aren't stupid with their money for the most part either.

13 hours ago, texbound said:

Someone care to explain why 5* Luther Burden was in the chat and what kind of news will he have?  Not trying to start a new rumor, but I thought it was interesting.

10773665.jpeg

CJ at TFB today is saying his is monitoring a high-ranked OOS WR recruit whom Texas has not been in on before. He said right now he's just monitoring. Burden must be that recruit.

55 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

CJ at TFB today is saying his is monitoring a high-ranked OOS WR recruit whom Texas has not been in on before. He said right now he's just monitoring. Burden must be that recruit.

Assuming Coleman is off the table, this would be a nice rebound get.