Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

If it’s money and we are the richest program why can’t we buy the same recruits?

seems that if that is the primary reason A&M is doing so well we would have seen this coming and did something about it.  

all of the programs that are ahead of us in recruiting certainly don’t have as much money to throw around.

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

Nice selling point 😂.  Then again we cant really talk with a 5-7

Sure we can. They paid $95 million for that stuff AND gave him a raise during a season where he had four losses in a year Jimbo said was going to be the year.

Next year, lots of losses across both lines. The expectations will be even lower yet the pay-out will be the same, lol, if they don't find another reason to raise him again. lol

14 minutes ago, zion3d said:

If it’s money and we are the richest program why can’t we buy the same recruits?

seems that if that is the primary reason A&M is doing so well we would have seen this coming and did something about it.  

all of the programs that are ahead of us in recruiting certainly don’t have as much money to throw around.

Maybe this money thing is way overblown in this case? I mean, at UT, every player gets 100K and thats just for showing up. Aggy doesn't do that.

50 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I’m thinking Texas is going to whiff on quite a few remaining targets, especially having already released their 2022 Big12 schedule.  I feel a lot we’re holding off to see when the sec move happened.  

My thought exactly.  Facilities, player development for NFL, and the coaches ability to sell the program IMO means quite a bit.  The money is good to have but I don’t think that all of the other schools that are in the top 5 in recruiting sold their recruits solely on the NIL aspect.

33 minutes ago, zion3d said:

In my opinion the losses to Kansas and the nationwide humiliation hurt the most.  We always talk about these things, immediate playing time as a selling point but I am sure most of them see the shitshow on the field and dont want to be that guy that commits.  Most of them go with the flow to winning schools.  We are not winning, right now.  I mean sure lots of factors play into.  Cash Bags, NIL, Education, Player development(hurts), coaches, scheme, location, hype or despair, austin vs norman, blah blah.  When our recruits are trying to drum fake excitement with eye ball emojis thats very telling. 

I would be surprised to see any big recruits announce for us.  Some of us will hype a portal transfer like we did the Thorton guy from LSU last year and could very well be disappointed again.  Its borderline desperate. 

Until we are start winning CONSISTENTLY this is our little hell hole.  ags beat Bama so they have momentum and recruiting shows it.  We lost to Kansas and failed to get into the minimum 6 win bowl game and our recruiting could be a lot worse than it is now.

I truly hope Sark finds a way of fixing this

3 hours ago, zion3d said:

The top three rated recruiting schools are SEC you don’t find another SEC school until number 14. Are all of these schools in between like Penn State Ohio State paying their players the same kind of cash?

If they go elsewhere then they got paid.  If they come to Texas it was completely because of Education and Austin. 

See how that works?  🤨

4 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

yes, there has been talk on other boards that if Or-gone loses to Utah (currently down 0-23 in 3rd), then the Cristobal to Miami rumors might materialize.  If this happens, then OTs Kelvin Banks & Cameron Williams might flip to the good guys. 

a lot of "ifs"

The first IF is looking pretty likely.