Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

28 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Texas is not ready for sec recruiting.. Until we are we will continue to get our teeth kicked in... 

See, I don't get this.  Over half of the Texas coaches have high-level, SEC recruiting experience. They know what it's like to reel in the big fish. I know the narrative is to go negative when something like this happens, but I think these coaches do understand. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

As of right now, Texas is not in the SEC. Kids are skeptical and until there is an actual announcement and entry date, we can’t sell the SEC to recruits. The delay in an announcement and how Texas will use the NIL is somewhat of a head scratcher to me. Hopefully things will ramp up soon: 

Yea, I recall someone stating months ago that Stewart wanted to play in the $ec right away. So if Texas has to wait until 2025, that could help explain it.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

See, I don't get this.  Over half of the Texas coaches have high-level, SEC recruiting experience. They know what it's like to reel in the big fish. I know the narrative is to go negative when something like this happens, but I think these coaches do understand. Time will tell.

Has nothing to do with the coaches Texas does not have the infrastructure in place for big time sec recruiting.. 

These coaches are only as good as the bag they can carry. 

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Not so fast with the emotional knee-jerk reaction, we have no business getting guys like Banks, Perkins, Neto, Campbell or Dewberry right now. Them committing to us would prove your theory wrong. We are a long way from signing day.

Not every kid is bag type kid.... Right now I see maybe one or two on that list we get. 

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

As of right now, Texas is not in the SEC. Kids are skeptical and until there is an actual announcement and entry date, we can’t sell the SEC to recruits. The delay in an announcement and how Texas will use the NIL is somewhat of a head scratcher to me. Hopefully things will ramp up soon: 

Other programs are offering straight 100k cash plus NIL ... We are way behind.. 

59 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Other programs are offering straight 100k cash plus NIL ... We are way behind.. 

Wasn't there post on the " non recruiting" thread that mentioned we had the big money donors working on the NIL and we would all be pleased? I guess we're still also waiting on the announcement that was due during ou weekend about our sec sec move. Its all been yadda yadda with no movement.

1 hour ago, Mitch Lovell said:

Losing Evan is bad no way around that. With that said landing Campbell, Banks, Dewberry is even more important.

Agree. We already have an Evan and I'm not sure he's a better option anyway. There are still several oars in the water with prospects we'll love. Just not the 5-star Evan was/is.

I go back to quitting (or getting booted, whichever it was) his team. Isn't that the type we're trying to avoid anyway?

56 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Wasn't there post on the " non recruiting" thread that mentioned we had the big money donors working on the NIL and we would all be pleased? I guess we're still also waiting on the announcement that was due during ou weekend about our sec sec move. Its all been yadda yadda with no movement.

It has been virtually the same for a decade in several areas. How many times have we heard: "we are about to hire the most exciting OC, DC, HC or seen the eyeballs, Horns Up, or whatever emoji to represent the next great recruit about to commit. The NIL and SEC announcements are the same empty promises. Until some of these promises actually begin to materialize, we will continue to lag behind.

I am sure bag men exist but why isnt there any proof of it.  I mean come on you pay a kid 100k, coach bitches the kid out a year later, like Moore, then why wouldnt he just spill the beans on the school as he hits the portal.  Doesnt make any sense to me.  Wouldnt the recruit hold massive leverage over the school afterwards?  Better play me when I want coach or else. 

Sometimes I wonder if we all just use this as an excuse for not having the #3 class in the given year to make us feel better about losing this recruit or that one.  Maybe a 5-7 season and losing to Kansas has something to do with it.

I do realize it does happen.  My father in law is a booster for Bama, not necessarily a BMD but he has seen them get paid there even years ago.  We pretend we are above that and maybe we are but do you guys really think that doesnt happen here?  I have my doubts.  So some teenager turns away big money to play for a 5-7 team whose coach is constantly on the hotseat?

Edited by DMAC

3 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I am sure bag men exist but why isnt there any proof of it.  I mean come on you pay a kid 100k, coach bitches the kid out a year later, like Moore, then why wouldnt he just spill the beans on the school as he hits the portal.  Doesnt make any sense to me.  Wouldnt the recruit hold massive leverage over the school afterwards?  Better play me when I want coach or else. 

Sometimes I wonder if we all just use this as an excuse for not having the #3 class in the given year to make us feel better about losing this recruit or that one.  Maybe a 4-8 season and losing to Kansas has something to do with it.

I do realize it does happen.  My father in law is a booster for Bama, not necessarily a BMD but he has seen them get paid there even years ago.  We pretend we are above that and maybe we are but do you guys really think that doesnt happen here?  I have my doubts.  So some teenager turns away big money to play for a 4-8 team whose coach is constantly on the hotseat?

The 100k can be structured to be an NIL deal.  Not against the rules anymore.  

6 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Jayden Blue skipped his senior year, too. I hope he's not crazy either.

I hope so as well, and I don't know his reasoning. However I have a hard time believing guys who bail on the team sport that created them will be great team players.

If they quit on their high school team they have a pretty good chance of quitting their college team. We shouldn't be at all surprised if they turn out to be the kind of guys who memorize 10 different endzone celebrations but refuse to dive in front of blizting LBs to protect their QB due to "career decisions".

Honestly, would rather pass.   

15 minutes ago, DMAC said:

A faggie trying to explain Dumas's low production this year.

Whittington's stats for his Fr year (2020): 21 rec for 206 yards, 0 TDs, 5 games

Whittington's stats for his So year (2021): 26 rec for 377 yards, 3 TDs, 8 games

Whittington has better stats based on number of games played

1 minute ago, tejasrulz said:

Whittington's stats for his Fr year (2020): 21 rec for 206 yards, 0 TDs, 5 games

This conversation was brought up regarding Evan Stewart and comparing Dumas's production to Texas WR.  He brought up Whitt to divert from the lackluster performance from the former 5 star Dumas.  I brought up Worthy.  Its not even close when you compare Worthy with Dumas.