Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

We will know what we need to know about Sark this offseason. I think he has a lot of interesting decisions to make but landing a QB and closing on a couple OL targets is going to be huge. The Million dollar question is what do you do with the defensive staff?! im leaning towards firing secondary coaches and bringing in PK's UW guys, but if you scrap it all together you better get it right. Im not sure there is anyone out there who has a better resume than PK did when we hired him last year, save Gary Patterson.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

I am not sure defending Pac. 12 is same as defending Big 12 teams.

I think Rod Barbers said it pretty well. PK thought he had the formula to defend the Big 12 because he was able to slow down WSU and Leach. But he didn’t realize the air raid teams in the Big 12 were not the purer ones like WSU. Leach will run but he also uses passes to get his RB involved a lot more than the air raid teams in the Big 12. Here the teams like to run to set up the pass not the other way around. So his may have been mistake on what would work best here. And teams have run wild on us because of that. The other issue is during the WVU, the mentioned PK said it appears the DB’s don’t know where they are suppose to be at times. That’s on Terry Joseph but that’s also on PK. If you have noticed that, how the hell have you not fixed that or simplified it for your players. I think PK is a good DC but I don’t he compliments what Sark wants to do. The lack of sacks and INT’s alarming. I think PK has to be let go. Hire a new DC, let them hire their own position coaches. Do away with the two DB position coaches that way you can get an ace recruiter on the staff. I think the offense is ok. It will only get better with more speed and better OL play. I trust Sark will have them rolling. If we get a marginal increase from the defense, we are probably 3-4 wins better next year. 

46 minutes ago, hornsups said:

I think Rod Barbers said it pretty well. PK thought he had the formula to defend the Big 12 because he was able to slow down WSU and Leach. But he didn’t realize the air raid teams in the Big 12 were not the purer ones like WSU. Leach will run but he also uses passes to get his RB involved a lot more than the air raid teams in the Big 12. Here the teams like to run to set up the pass not the other way around. So his may have been mistake on what would work best here. And teams have run wild on us because of that. The other issue is during the WVU, the mentioned PK said it appears the DB’s don’t know where they are suppose to be at times. That’s on Terry Joseph but that’s also on PK. If you have noticed that, how the hell have you not fixed that or simplified it for your players. I think PK is a good DC but I don’t he compliments what Sark wants to do. The lack of sacks and INT’s alarming. I think PK has to be let go. Hire a new DC, let them hire their own position coaches. Do away with the two DB position coaches that way you can get an ace recruiter on the staff. I think the offense is ok. It will only get better with more speed and better OL play. I trust Sark will have them rolling. If we get a marginal increase from the defense, we are probably 3-4 wins better next year. 

They're not going to fire PK, the Defense's struggles can be attributed to Sark's decision to hire positional coaches before hiring PK; you cannot do that. It is obvious that the positional coaches were all not on the same page at all this season. If we could pick off somethings that Utah is doing on defense, that would be phenomenal; they have a great scheme. 

I think we need to look at making changes on the DB's, specifically the safety's, the safeties have been a liability all season; Texas needed to hire a safeties coach with a lot of experience, we did not, we hired a Texas EX that is in over his head.

On Defense we pay a lot of out attention on the front seven but we often overlook what the safeties are doing because on camera they are out of sight, but based on what I have seen in person on the field is that they are often out of position and are giving up large plays.

13 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

They're not going to fire PK, the Defense's struggles can be attributed to Sark's decision to hire positional coaches before hiring PK; you cannot do that. It is obvious that the positional coaches were all not on the same page at all this season. 

Out of everything, this is likely the most important factor in the failing defense. 

The biggest concern about hiring an offensive minded coach is getting the defense right (and vice versa). If Sark has blind spots it will tend to be there. 

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

From IT:

"We are awaiting an NIL announcement that should garner headlines and goodwill from recruits."

Also waiting for the sec sec announcement that was supposed to happen during ou week. The one that was going to open the flood gates for recruits and a certain 5*.  Maybe they can do that one at the same time.

Holding breath here. Lol

1 hour ago, Ntx dog said:

Also waiting for the sec sec announcement that was supposed to happen during ou week. The one that was going to open the flood gates for recruits and a certain 5*.  Maybe they can do that one at the same time.

Holding breath here. Lol

I think the recent additions to the conference are what has thrown a kink in the chain here. BYU will be the first to come to the Big 12, next year I believe. Can Texas accommodate that with their current scheduling? Or OU for that matter? So it appears it may be a situation where both parties saw a way of greatly reducing costs for leaving and are waiting for the first domino to fall with the new group of teams coming.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB's CJ Vogel today: "If everything sticks to plan, it should not be a long wait for the momentum to be kicked off."

Sexy-Kate-Beckinsale-2017-GIF-14.gif?res

Well, that's a relief. She hasn't aged at all...but someone told me that the last 6 games have really taken their toll on Bear19. 

season 3 flirting GIF by Broad City