Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

So far one OL is gone three Super seniors will be gone.There is Gh, and a Jo who will not be missed.So with five new faces OL will still be shallow in depth (bodies). 

Depth issues will be pretty inevitable for 2022. Adding hopefully 5 true freshmen and at least 2 portal guys, we will still probably land around 15 scholarship linemen after some attrition from guys already on campus (eg Tyler Johnson). 20 is probably a better number for future years. I'd expect another 4-5 person OL class in the 2023 recruiting cycle.

29 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Depth issues will be pretty inevitable for 2022. Adding hopefully 5 true freshmen and at least 2 portal guys, we will still probably land around 15 scholarship linemen after some attrition from guys already on campus (eg Tyler Johnson). 20 is probably a better number for future years. I'd expect another 4-5 person OL class in the 2023 recruiting cycle.

That raises the question.  Do you take a 4th or 5th OL just to build numbers? If they are a project at best, why take them when you might can find an experienced guy in the portal?  Why take a jag just to fill an empty spot.  

Here is what roster will look like next season. Counting returnies and 22 commits Some will leave and more will sign its now. 

QB 4             DL 16

RB 6              LB 16

TE 5               DB 11

WR 12

OL 12

Should give a rough idea on what is needed and who or what position needs to go To me roster is very much out of balance. Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Here is what roster will look like next season. Counting returnies and 22 commits Some will leave and more will sign its now. 

QB 4             DL 16

RB 6              LB 16

TE 5               DB 11

WR 12

OL 12

Should give a rough idea on what is needed and who or what position needs to go To me roster is very much out of balance. Time will tell.

I'd think we slide a TE, RB, and couple of WR spots to the OL, and DB rooms moving forward. Could also lower the number of true linebackers if we stay with Coach K and continue to use the 2-3-6 or whatever he calls it. Then again, the LB room may need more hybrid types who can be rush ends as well. Should be interesting makeover of the roster.

27 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

That raises the question.  Do you take a 4th or 5th OL just to build numbers? If they are a project at best, why take them when you might can find an experienced guy in the portal?  Why take a jag just to fill an empty spot.  

Based on Sark's previous comments on OL recruiting and the current guys they are pursuing, I don't think this staff is interested in any JAGs. Lowest ranked guy is current commit Connor Robertson actually. All the other targets are 4 star, top 300 overall type guys.

Now, the portal could be a place to grab a JAG or two. Someone to provide at least some depth before you can develop it via recruiting. Grad Transfers particular can be a good 1 year stop gap.

32 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Based on Sark's previous comments on OL recruiting and the current guys they are pursuing, I don't think this staff is interested in any JAGs. Lowest ranked guy is current commit Connor Robertson actually. All the other targets are 4 star, top 300 overall type guys.

Now, the portal could be a place to grab a JAG or two. Someone to provide at least some depth before you can develop it via recruiting. Grad Transfers particular can be a good 1 year stop gap.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.  Why take a high school recruit that will be a 3-4 year project when you can likely find someone that can contribute day1 in the portal.???  There’s no sense in recruiting 4-5 Hs recruits just to fill the roster.  Take the ones that will more than likely contribute in 2 years.  No more Reese Moore type players.

21 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

QB 4             DL 16

RB 6              LB 16

TE 5               DB 11

WR 12

OL 12

OL was the worst position group this year.  Start NILling some recruits 

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

My point exactly. He's losing his edge at Bama and might need a new challenge.lol

Saban knows better than anyone how things work at Texas. Guys with their names on buildings on the 40 acres cutting deals without even going through the school admin. or proper channels. He tried to warn off Sark. We will never get him.

3 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

I may be minority but I think we need defense that can get off field. Yes we do need OL but  even when score fifty can't win if other team scores more.

I think there are 8 DL/Edge players committed.  I believe they are all 4* as well.  I think they are trying to address it.  

I want to see more 4* OL in this class.  

Load up on the big uglies on both side of the ball!  

4 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

I may be minority but I think we need defense that can get off field. Yes we do need OL but  even when score fifty can't win if other team scores more.

Defense is needed defense except DBS  rooms are crowed as sardine cans. 

Unless OL problem is adressed soon there will be no QBS or RBS left to play.