Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

19 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Here is the thing. Kam likes Texas. He likes Flood. He likes Sark. He likes he can play early.  HIs family is and has never been a fan of Texas. They basically think our fans, administration and boosters all suck. 

They have told me recently... They will not let him go here.. So there is that... 

Different strokes.  I was not a fan of either of my kids college choice and tried talking them into Texas. They had their reasons. Ultimately, i told them it was their choice and I would support them no matter what.

3 minutes ago, texbound said:

Different strokes.  I was not a fan of either of my kids college choice and tried talking them into Texas. They had their reasons. Ultimately, i told them it was their choice and I would support them no matter what.

I guess we will see how it shapes out... 

28 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Also generally those close to Kam also like Sark, Flood etc... They have just never been fans of Texas.  THey pretty much think it is a cesspool. 

Can you blame them, I am sure it is the same sh** posting for all Blue Blood programs; but I think the boosters are really F**** this program up.

35 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Also generally those close to Kam also like Sark, Flood etc... They have just never been fans of Texas.  THey pretty much think it is a cesspool. 

That is their opinions and you gotta respect that.  However, they should know that most major cities are a cesspool and if he happens to go Pro, he will be in that.  It's just life.  You give your kids the best information, support and hope they make the right decisions.  That's life. 

Note: This is in no way shaming his family at all for their thoughts and opinions. I respect it and hope whatever decision the young man makes it's the best decision for him. That's all that matters.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

HIs family is and has never been a fan of Texas. They basically think our fans, administration and boosters all suck.

Hmmm.  So if you are fan and booster then do they think you suck?  These people are friends of yours?  Maybe all other Texas fans suck but you are deemed the exception.  Doesnt seem consistent

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Texbound said I know some spaces may open up in March.

Can you please tell me how?

There was something written about some legislation that may pass allowing teams to use the portal more than the allotted spots to fill out the 85 limit.  That is really all i know.  Haven't dug too much into it though.  Just know it might be possible. Someone else might know more and can chime in.  Wish i knew more to explain it better.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Here is the thing. Kam likes Texas. He likes Flood. He likes Sark. He likes he can play early.  HIs family is and has never been a fan of Texas. They basically think our fans, administration and boosters all suck. 

They have told me recently... They will not let him go here.. So there is that... 

Even in 1981, my mother and father would not dictate to me where I went to school. I had three scholarship offers and took one at a school that they didn't favor. Its where I wanted to go.

I was out of the home, out from under my parents' wings. They weren't paying for my schooling or my housing. All they had was influence.

So in 2021 where kids are more independent than ever, I am amused at the idea that they would force him to a school THAT THEY LIKE. I mean, since they're not the ones who will attend the school, they should have every right to force someone else to abide by their fandom.favorite. lol

I would imagine this is his decision to make, not theirs.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

There was something written about some legislation that may pass allowing teams to use the portal more than the allotted spots to fill out the 85 limit.  That is really all i know.  Haven't dug too much into it though.  Just know it might be possible. Someone else might know more and can chime in.  Wish i knew more to explain it better.

Yes there is legislation, it has passed that is why there are 33 spaces open

one time only an extra spot for each portal entrantafter Dec. signing date.Thats the way I read it

25 for this year+ 7 portal spots + 1 left from last year.

2 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes there is legislation, it has passed that is why there are 33 spaces open

one time only an extra spot for each portal entrantafter Dec. signing date.Thats the way I read it

25 for this year+ 7 portal spots + 1 left from last year.

Uh, they told me there wouldn't be any math.

• Administrators

IT wrote today that they are monitoring two committed prospects who may flip to Texas.

One of those is CB Jaylon Guilbeau of Port Arthur Memorial who is supposedly having a tough time ditching TCU because he's close with their DBs coach.

38 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT wrote today that they are monitoring two committed prospects who may flip to Texas.

One of those is CB Jaylon Guilbeau of Port Arthur Memorial who is supposedly having a tough time ditching TCU because he's close with their DBs coach.

This is confusing. If you will look at the player's profile, it shows his timeline. On that timeline in a recent entry, it shows he decommitted from TCU.

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is confusing. If you will look at the player's profile, it shows his timeline. On that timeline in a recent entry, it shows he decommitted from TCU.

It appears this another Ryan Newsome decision moment...

TFB had a nice Q&A session this evening.

A couple of nuggets, paraphrased of course.

– I'll quote CJ Vogel in one response he had that I thought summed things up pretty well, offensively.

"I still have belief in Sarkisian’s offensive scheme being able to exploit defenses whenever they can. Texas is averaging near 37 PPG despite starting multiple quarterbacks, having 1.5 consistent WRs all season, having an incompetent offensive line and getting virtually nothing out of the tight end room. That number is still good for being a top 20 offense in the country. Now imagine it with guys like Evan Stewart*, Brennan Thompson, Armani Winfield joining a WR room that should be Xavier Worthy, Troy Omeire and Jordan Whittington. That is going to be much more difficult to stop next season."

– thinks there will be at least one true frosh starting next year

– Noted the differences at WR from Herman to Sark. Herman liked big bodies who weren't so fast, but could leap and sometimes catch. Sark likes speed. He only has that in the one player he was able to recruit – Xavier Worthy.

– Flood likes big bodied OL, but with talent. Not much talent in the room right now.

– Thinks there will be some players who saw PT this year who will be gone next year. He said nobody we'll lose sleep over.

– Said biggest issue on the team is the most vocal leader is a backup RB.

– When asked to fill out the class, he said "Campbell, Dewberry, Guilbeau, Golden, Stewart"

– This it would be smart to get Sanders some PT in the last two games and still save his redshirt.