Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Looks like more Banks smoke from Suchomel, who mentioned other recruits saying something is in the works.

More on this...

Dulaney is on the support staff as an OL analyst, and this is supposedly a quote from a recruit.

What a break for us that would be if we could get the flip

14 hours ago, Baron said:

I figure I can put transfer portal questions on this thread as they would be entering with the 2022 class.

Is there any talk about the following players as regards Texas?

Paul Tchio OL Clemson

Kayden Lyles OL Wisconsin

Eriq Gilyard LB UCF

Marcus Bradley LB Vandy

Marcus Banks CB Alabama

Karon Prunty CB Kansas/S Car

From what I've seen on various sites, we're at least talking to Banks and Tchio. With the discussion above, sounds like Banks may be on the way...hopefully.

2 hours ago, longhorn_mig said:

From what I've seen on various sites, we're at least talking to Banks and Tchio. With the discussion above, sounds like Banks may be on the way...hopefully.

We are talking to CB Marcus Banks but the above discussions is referring to stud HS OL Kelvin Banks and a possible flip from Oregon.

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Correct on Suchomel. Banks seems to be who everyone thinks it is. 

One thing that I will say about Suchomel is that he generally doesn't just throw crap up against the wall and sees if it sticks. 

Thats true. I've known him a long time and he seldom goes out on a limb without good reason. 

Okay, spoke to my friend this afternoon.

Be on the look out for Banks and also Guilbeu. He says Dewberry is still in play and not to listen to what Mike says. lol. In fact, he thinks we may lead due to the fact that he can walk in and start. Says thats playing hard on his mind.

Two others he singled out – LTG and believe it or not, Evan Stewart. Says both will be in this class.

That was a pretty exciting conversation. He seemed ready to talk today.

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Be on the look out for Banks and also Guilbeu. He says Dewberry is still in play and not to listen to what Mike says. lol. In fact, he thinks we may lead due to the fact that he can walk in and start. Says thats playing hard on his mind.

Two others he singled out – LTG and believe it or not, Evan Stewart. Says both will be in this class.

All of that please.  If Stewart comes, I hope that helps Winfield stick.

52 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

sanford and son GIF

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Is Campbell out? Just such a quiet recruitment 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Haha 

Burton says Texas is looking at this recruit pretty hard right now. Baylor commit. Runs a 4.4

https://247sports.com/player/jordan-nabors-46102205/

Also, IT says a pair of 2023 recruits (1 is a commit) are considering reclassifying into the 2022 class. Jamel Johnson (Arlignton) and LB Anthony Hill (Denton). If they proceed, they would enter their college of choice in June.

12 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

WR Matthew Golden of Klein Cain told IT he will be in Austin for the K-State game..

https://247sports.com/player/matthew-golden-46093611/

Would be nice to get him. Recent TCU decommit.

He ran a 10.9 100 as a junior. Also a good long-jumper. Speed with leaping ability at WR. Works for me.

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He says Dewberry is still in play and not to listen to what Mike says. lol. In fact, he thinks we may lead due to the fact that he can walk in and start. Says thats playing hard on his mind.

His family disagrees with this.. LOL....  I will check in with them next week sometime. 

Would like MBHORNS to be wrong because I really like Dewberry and his tape, but he may be spot on. With that said, IF, BIG IF, Texas can land Campbell, Banks and another OL recruit (maybe Agbo) to go along with Hutson and Robertson then that will be a real solid 22 class.  Pick up 2 quality OL with experience from the portal, then that is an overhaul of the OL. Surely they can find at least 2 or 3 new starters from that list and have depth. 

Right now Texas is sitting at 22 recruits which leaves 11 spots to get to Sark's 33 number (I know they might be able to add more come March).  So, Campbell, Banks, another OL and 2 portal OL = 5.  That leaves 6 spots remaining. How do the other spots shake out?

1 QB - either a 22 recruit (Brown) or a transfer

2-3 for DBs (LTG, Guilbeau and Harris?)

1 for a WR (Stewart)

1 for LB or Edge

Any chance the LS recruit can be changed to a PWO instead because numbers are getting tight. 

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Would like MBHORNS to be wrong because I really like Dewberry and his tape, but he may be spot on. With that said, IF, BIG IF, Texas can land Campbell, Banks and another OL recruit (maybe Agbo) to go along with Hutson and Robertson then that will be a real solid 22 class.  Pick up 2 quality OL with experience from the portal, then that is an overhaul of the OL. Surely they can find at least 2 or 3 new starters from that list and have depth. 

Right now Texas is sitting at 22 recruits which leaves 11 spots to get to Sark's 33 number (I know they might be able to add more come March).  So, Campbell, Banks, another OL and 2 portal OL = 5.  That leaves 6 spots remaining. How do the other spots shake out?

1 QB - either a 22 recruit (Brown) or a transfer

2-3 for DBs (LTG, Guilbeau and Harris?)

1 for a WR (Stewart)

1 for LB or Edge

Any chance the LS recruit can be changed to a PWO instead because numbers are getting tight. 

Here is the thing. Kam likes Texas. He likes Flood. He likes Sark. He likes he can play early.  HIs family is and has never been a fan of Texas. They basically think our fans, administration and boosters all suck. 

They have told me recently... They will not let him go here.. So there is that...