Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT had a pretty interesting note this morning in their weekly update.

They mentioned other schools are negatively recruiting Texas' QB situation to recruits, but it has nothing to do with anyone on Texas' current roster.

Basically, these other schools are hearing Texas has a great QB prospect secured or they're close, so they're telling younger guys they won't play if they go to Texas.

No word if it would be a transfer, Arch, etc., but I'm confident IT isn't referring to Maalik.

Hope they are correct but reports from the 9.95 sites like this always make me wonder why it is news. I mean, don't schools like Alabama, Ohio State, OU, etc. get negative recruited against when they sign the next great QB prospect? If it is indeed true that we have a great prospect (Arch 🙏) close or secured, I'd expect other schools to be in ears of other highly ranked qbs as much as possible. I'd also expect Texas to be selling it to the highest to attract other prospects.

Sadly, we sure don't have to worry about anybody negative recruiting against us for having great OL prospects close or secured.😢

What I've heard is the great QB prospect name Texas is supposedly secured something with is Quinn Ewers.

I don't think it's true, not for a minute. But thats what's being used against Texas.

It doesn't matter with Arch. His coming to Texas was never dependent on Ewers going somewhere else. But IMO its just trash being tossed against Texas.

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What I've heard is the great QB prospect name Texas is supposedly secured something with is Quinn Ewers.

I don't think it's true, not for a minute. But thats what's being used against Texas.

It doesn't matter with Arch. His coming to Texas was never dependent on Ewers going somewhere else. But IMO its just trash being tossed against Texas.

I guess I'm out of the loop. Please define "secured something with."

1 hour ago, PTA said:

I guess I'm out of the loop. Please define "secured something with."

That was my lingo for them saying "They've worked out a deal with Ewers."

It would be unethical for Texas to do that, given that the player is on another team. Ewers would have to initiate contact and even then, it would have to be limited I think.

50 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Dewberry aggie lean

5 star Perkins aggie lean

5 star Stewart WR aggie lean

5 star Stewart DE aggie lean

Aggie could very well sign more 5 stars this year then we have on our entire roster.....   

But what will it matter? Aggie can't win their own division of a conference. This was supposed to be the year where they had the talent to do it.

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But what will it matter? Aggie can't win their own division of a conference. This was supposed to be the year where they had the talent to do it.

Well, it could matter because we will be in their division and be playing against these guys. I'd rather have them on our side. 

3 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Well, it could matter because we will be in their division and be playing against these guys. I'd rather have them on our side. 

True, but aggy has been lobbying for a while for us to not be in their division. That four-team pod system you saw a few weeks back? . . . aggy concept. Notice how we weren't in their pod?

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

True, but aggy has been lobbying for a while for us to not be in their division. That four-team pod system you saw a few weeks back? . . . aggy concept. Notice how we weren't in their pod?

Shows how dumb they are. I would be lobbying to get Texas in my pod.

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yeh Aggies aren't showing progress... Beat Alabama and Auburn. LSU wanting to buy their coach. Lining up 5 star commits. I wish Texas had their problems.

They beat Bama back when Johnny Football was around. What happened after that?

Aggy has NEVER won that division of a conference. And they won't this year either.

No, no, no, . . I NEVER want aggy problems.

• Administrators
On 11/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, TFloss32 said:

IT had a pretty interesting note this morning in their weekly update.

They mentioned other schools are negatively recruiting Texas' QB situation to recruits, but it has nothing to do with anyone on Texas' current roster.

Basically, these other schools are hearing Texas has a great QB prospect secured or they're close, so they're telling younger guys they won't play if they go to Texas.

No word if it would be a transfer, Arch, etc., but I'm confident IT isn't referring to Maalik.

Roach from 247 wrote this morning he spoke to a source who said QB Quinn Ewers "is definitely considering transferring."

He has heard the rumors for weeks, but didn't want to report anything until having solid info.

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Roach from 247 wrote this morning he spoke to a source who said QB Quinn Ewers "is definitely considering transferring."

He has heard the rumors for weeks, but didn't want to report anything until having solid info.

I'm on the fence on whether Texas has any role here.

1. Ewers certainly sees we need a QB and he'd probably start the day he arrives.

But

2. He probably also sees this pathetic OL and it scares the shit out of him.

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

1. Ewers certainly sees we need a QB and he'd probably start the day he arrives.

But

If ewers comes, it will cause a ripple effect. Sark is putting a plan In motion with Moore transferring out. He’s opening spots up for some immediate starters through the portal. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But

Anxious to see how it all plays out, and if this Ewers stuff is further down the tracks than most think.

Telling the three big OL targets that Ewers is coming, and all of them get immediate playing time is a big pitch. 

Hopefully Banks follows through with his visit as he didn't go to A&M.

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Anxious to see how it all plays out, and if this Ewers stuff is further down the tracks than most think.

Telling the three big OL targets that Ewers is coming, and all of them get immediate playing time is a big pitch. 

Hopefully Banks follows through with his visit as he didn't go to A&M.

Couldn't we run a risk here with this being called "tampering?"