Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT had a pretty interesting note this morning in their weekly update.

They mentioned other schools are negatively recruiting Texas' QB situation to recruits, but it has nothing to do with anyone on Texas' current roster.

Basically, these other schools are hearing Texas has a great QB prospect secured or they're close, so they're telling younger guys they won't play if they go to Texas.

No word if it would be a transfer, Arch, etc., but I'm confident IT isn't referring to Maalik.

Hope they are correct but reports from the 9.95 sites like this always make me wonder why it is news. I mean, don't schools like Alabama, Ohio State, OU, etc. get negative recruited against when they sign the next great QB prospect? If it is indeed true that we have a great prospect (Arch 🙏) close or secured, I'd expect other schools to be in ears of other highly ranked qbs as much as possible. I'd also expect Texas to be selling it to the highest to attract other prospects.

Sadly, we sure don't have to worry about anybody negative recruiting against us for having great OL prospects close or secured.😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I've heard is the great QB prospect name Texas is supposedly secured something with is Quinn Ewers.

I don't think it's true, not for a minute. But thats what's being used against Texas.

It doesn't matter with Arch. His coming to Texas was never dependent on Ewers going somewhere else. But IMO its just trash being tossed against Texas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What I've heard is the great QB prospect name Texas is supposedly secured something with is Quinn Ewers.

I don't think it's true, not for a minute. But thats what's being used against Texas.

It doesn't matter with Arch. His coming to Texas was never dependent on Ewers going somewhere else. But IMO its just trash being tossed against Texas.

I guess I'm out of the loop. Please define "secured something with."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PTA said:

I guess I'm out of the loop. Please define "secured something with."

That was my lingo for them saying "They've worked out a deal with Ewers."

It would be unethical for Texas to do that, given that the player is on another team. Ewers would have to initiate contact and even then, it would have to be limited I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Dewberry aggie lean

 

 5 star Perkins aggie lean

 

5 star Stewart WR aggie lean

 

5 star Stewart DE aggie lean

 

 

Aggie could very well sign more 5 stars this year then we have on our entire roster.....   

 

 

But what will it matter? Aggie can't win their own division of a conference. This was supposed to be the year where they had the talent to do it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But what will it matter? Aggie can't win their own division of a conference. This was supposed to be the year where they had the talent to do it.

 

Well, it could matter because we will be in their division and be playing against these guys. I'd rather have them on our side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Well, it could matter because we will be in their division and be playing against these guys. I'd rather have them on our side. 

True, but aggy has been lobbying for a while for us to not be in their division. That four-team pod system you saw a few weeks back? . . . aggy concept. Notice how we weren't in their pod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

True, but aggy has been lobbying for a while for us to not be in their division. That four-team pod system you saw a few weeks back? . . . aggy concept. Notice how we weren't in their pod?

Shows how dumb they are. I would be lobbying to get Texas in my pod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yeh Aggies aren't showing progress... Beat Alabama and Auburn. LSU wanting to buy their coach. Lining up 5 star commits. I wish Texas had their problems.

They beat Bama back when Johnny Football was around. What happened after that?

Aggy has NEVER won that division of a conference. And they won't this year either.

No, no, no, . . I NEVER want aggy problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 11/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, TFloss32 said:

IT had a pretty interesting note this morning in their weekly update.

They mentioned other schools are negatively recruiting Texas' QB situation to recruits, but it has nothing to do with anyone on Texas' current roster.

Basically, these other schools are hearing Texas has a great QB prospect secured or they're close, so they're telling younger guys they won't play if they go to Texas.

No word if it would be a transfer, Arch, etc., but I'm confident IT isn't referring to Maalik.

Roach from 247 wrote this morning he spoke to a source who said QB Quinn Ewers "is definitely considering transferring."

He has heard the rumors for weeks, but didn't want to report anything until having solid info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Roach from 247 wrote this morning he spoke to a source who said QB Quinn Ewers "is definitely considering transferring."

He has heard the rumors for weeks, but didn't want to report anything until having solid info.

I'm on the fence on whether Texas has any role here.

1. Ewers certainly sees we need a QB and he'd probably start the day he arrives.

But

2. He probably also sees this pathetic OL and it scares the shit out of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm on the fence on whether Texas has any role here.

1. Ewers certainly sees we need a QB and he'd probably start the day he arrives.

But

2. He probably also sees this pathetic OL and it scares the shit out of him.

If ewers comes, it will cause a ripple effect. Sark is putting a plan In motion with Moore transferring out. He’s opening spots up for some immediate starters through the portal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm on the fence on whether Texas has any role here.

1. Ewers certainly sees we need a QB and he'd probably start the day he arrives.

But

2. He probably also sees this pathetic OL and it scares the shit out of him.

Anxious to see how it all plays out, and if this Ewers stuff is further down the tracks than most think.

Telling the three big OL targets that Ewers is coming, and all of them get immediate playing time is a big pitch. 

Hopefully Banks follows through with his visit as he didn't go to A&M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Anxious to see how it all plays out, and if this Ewers stuff is further down the tracks than most think.

Telling the three big OL targets that Ewers is coming, and all of them get immediate playing time is a big pitch. 

Hopefully Banks follows through with his visit as he didn't go to A&M.

Couldn't we run a risk here with this being called "tampering?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    L 24-32
    10/30
    @Baylor
    L 24-31
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    L 7-30
    11/13
    Kansas
    L 56-57 OT
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    L 23-31
    11/27
    Kansas State
    W 22-17

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...