Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'll say this – if PK had game planned Baylor the very same way they game planned us – daring us to beat them with the pass – we may have won. We played two deep safeties despite their limited ability to throw the ball. Thats on PK.

Why does he do that... Is that just his base D? Not really familiar with his defense at Wash, but he seems pretty attached to it. 

It was working for a while. We were getting turnovers. However when they decided to take the ball out of his hands, we couldn't stop the run. It's at that point I don't understand why we don't put a run stuffing defense there. 

11 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I agree and I hate coaches that can’t realize they should simplify.  Square pegs in round holes never work.  Sometimes it’s best to fit your scheme to the players you inherit.  When Greg took over for _iaz it was night and day difference.  Greg just simplified the gameplan and let the guys make plays.  Teach fundamentals

Some coaches have a system they run, and are not generalists that can adapt to changing personnel.Take a guy that's been running something his whole career and ask him to run something else... don't think that would work either. 

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No matter what scheme you employ, you still have to get to the QB. We don't have the pabersonnel to do that. Thats not on PK.

Greg Robison had some people who could get to the QB. He also had better LBs to blitz with.

If Joseph Ossai were playing this season, we're not complaining about this defense.

I'll say this – if PK had game planned Baylor the very same way they game planned us – daring us to beat them with the pass – we may have won. We played two deep safeties despite their limited ability to throw the ball. Thats on PK.

I like seeing Collins on the field more.  Putting edge rushers that weight 230 doesn’t work.  You need 4 true down linemen, and simplify things for the backers.  Greg just simplified the game after taking over for Diaz.  Sometimes the scheme gets the players to thinking too much and the reactionary part of the game is lost.  That’s what I’m saying.  If PK doesn’t have the pieces to implement “his” system, drop it until he does.  He should be flexible.  The inability to. E flexible is what ultimately got Todd Orlando in trouble.  He was a one trick pony.  Good coaches are good at everything, adjustments included.  

im sick of the cushion the DBs give to allow easy pitch/catches

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

I like seeing Collins on the field more.  Putting edge rushers that weight 230 doesn’t work.  You need 4 true down linemen, and simplify things for the backers.  Greg just simplified the game after taking over for Diaz.  Sometimes the scheme gets the players to thinking too much and the reactionary part of the game is lost.  That’s what I’m saying.  If PK doesn’t have the pieces to implement “his” system, drop it until he does.  He should be flexible.  The inability to. E flexible is what ultimately got Todd Orlando in trouble.  He was a one trick pony.  Good coaches are good at everything, adjustments included.  

im sick of the cushion the DBs give to allow easy pitch/catches

Amen Drb. Can not understand why we seem to play the same 10 yards off coverage every play. I never coached elite athletes among my Dbs but lining them up 3-5 yards off and mixing things up allowed our blitzes and stunts to be more effective. 

10 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Amen Drb. Can not understand why we seem to play the same 10 yards off coverage every play. I never coached elite athletes among my Dbs but lining them up 3-5 yards off and mixing things up allowed our blitzes and stunts to be more effective. 

It’s frustrating to see a dB already 7-8 yds deep start backpedaling before the snap.  How about jam them at the line.  I thought jameson was supposed to be a feisty man cover kinda back.  

2 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Beatty still coming here? Remember how all on this board wanted him?   " Great recruiter, etc, etc..."  🙃

No. Although his case with KU has been settled, Tom Herman was the reason he was  a candidate to join the staff. TH isn't here so no Beatty.