Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Brad Usrey said:

We have any chan e for 4* out Clear Lake that just decomitted from Florida?

He just crystal balled to georgia. Was CB. He was 2nd rated cb out of Texad behind only D.Harris& didn't  even offer according to247.

To all My comment on wait till Dec. is waiting till commits are signed.

I expect I understand portal as well as most posters. For example if you lose 12 to portal how many can you sign next year????

On center you should have atleastthree on roster. And at least thre at all other OL positions. And no senior moment on any of my comments.

Agbo OL out of Washington ( spelling mistake)

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

To all My comment on wait till Dec. is waiting till commits are signed.

I expect I understand portal as well as most posters. For example if you lose 12 to portal how many can you sign next year????

On center you should have atleastthree on roster. And at least thre at all other OL positions. And no senior moment on any of my comments.

Agbo OL out of Washington ( spelling mistake)

Cornors or safties need some of each

17 hours ago, david ficken said:

Just guessing it was a senior moment on not commenting further until signing day?

Just MPO, but we get 3 solid OL and 2-3 DBS with 2-3WRS. Then add 3 solid or more players via the portal and lose upto 10 players that won't  matter that you claim matter. Like I've  said we could lose 10 via the portal and theat won't  matter again  next year. 

Seems like it's  difficult  for you to understand, but the portal is and will be both helpful and worrisome for us and anyone other team out there.  

Needing 2-3 OL via the portal that are the right fit and 1-2 DB that can help out right away. But don't take away from the numbers needed to keep us from getting the best players. 

We nor any team is saying "NO" to a 5* player at any position like you seem to be willing to do.  That's  bad coaching  on your part and understanding!

What is straight talk from the coach  BTW? What you what to hear? Or what is realistic talk from a coach? But what till after the 1st signing day in December to answer? Is that possible?

Whet I want to hear is the truth do not say something if you do not mean it.

On loseing 10 players to portal do you realize what it would do to roster. No way to replace them.

5 star or not IMO you do not take a player at unneeded position and weaken another position.

Mack started the OL down fall by taking WRS to try and be like Baylo

It all in good fun and we all have different opions.Except the OL being bad.

18 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

5 star or not IMO you do not take a player at unneeded position and weaken another position.

Thats nonsense. The position is already weakened if you're suggesting its that critical.

So you pass on the 5-star WR and end up signing another Tope Imade. Did you really help that position? There's no guarantee that if you pass on Stewart that you'll get a valuable OL target. It just doesn't work that way.

thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif&f=1&

• Administrators

Wells from IT spoke with the mother of RB Jamarion Miller from Tyler Legacy after his official visit to Alabama, and he believes there's nothing to worry about at this time.

OrangeBloods had a source, who has been accurate with Miller info in the past, tell them the same.

https://247sports.com/player/jamarion-miller-46058624/

• Administrators

Per IT, they have a "strong sense" that DE/LB Lander Barton of Salt Lake City, UT won't be signing with Utah, and are even hearing rumors that there's potential for Whittingham to step down next month.

Barton told them recently he wants to make a decision soon since his season is over.

https://247sports.com/player/lander-barton-46097947/

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Former five-star OL Kingsley Suamataia has decided to transfer from Oregon.

247 mentioned was recruited heavily at Alabama by coaches Banks and Flood, so possibly one to monitor.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kingsley-Suamataia-46048415/high-school-204095/

Might be great to get him, but if Banks and Flood couldn't pull him to 'Bama, why would they have any better chance of pulling him to Texas? Was he not starting at Oregon?

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, they have a "strong sense" that DE/LB Lander Barton of Salt Lake City, UT won't be signing with Utah, and are even hearing rumors that there's potential for Whittingham to step down next month.

Barton told them recently he wants to make a decision soon since his season is over.

https://247sports.com/player/lander-barton-46097947/

He's got two more OV's left to make.

5 hours ago, UTfish said:

Might be great to get him, but if Banks and Flood couldn't pull him to 'Bama, why would they have any better chance of pulling him to Texas? Was he not starting at Oregon?

Because they had a relationship with him before.  That is usually a positive, plus early playing time.  Not saying he loved Banks and Flood, but it can restart a relationship faster and provide a boost.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats nonsense. The position is already weakened if you're suggesting its that critical.

So you pass on the 5-star WR and end up signing another Tope Imade. Did you really help that position? There's no guarantee that if you pass on Stewart that you'll get a valuable OL target. It just doesn't work that way.

thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif&f=1&

Nonsence to you not to me. Is there a guarantee that Stewart is going to be a great WR? All recruits have a chance of not making a good player.

If you take Stewart no spot for any one else OL or DB. If he is not taken you might get a player who can help team play better.

Texas has been down for a dizen years or so OL has been weak for a dozen years or so. Maybe there is a connection.

All not important as bag man has approached.

Final question who would take Stewart or Campbell?

2 hours ago, Basis Points said:

Because they had a relationship with him before.  That is usually a positive, plus early playing time.  Not saying he loved Banks and Flood, but it can restart a relationship faster and provide a boost.

So you're saying he wasn't playing at Oregon and probably wouldn't play next year?

Didn't know that. Maybe he's not a good 5* or has other problems. 

Or maybe the Oregon OL is so good that even a 5* can't break into the rotation. (Sigh...) No, wait, don't we have one like that too, and our OL isn't even good. 

Edited by UTfish
Added thought