Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

On 10/22/2021 at 5:40 PM, Eastexhorn said:

You may be right time will tell.22 already commited. Proably alimit of 32.

Need 3 OL 4 would be better These are plus what is already commited.

Need 5 more DBS 6 would be better. Just my opinion for a roster to be a winning football team. Texas has not had either in several years.

Come Dec. we will know more.

We need to load up on offensive lineman for the move to the SEC so I agree we need to take 3-4 more. 

But taking 5 to 6 more DB’s with 3 already committed. You want a 8-9 DB class? That’s not good roster construction. You have to hope Barron and Crawford are good to go as starters next season. If you get Denver Harris he would be your first off the bench. We don’t know what Ibraheem & Johnson will bring but they are both freshman. 8-9 DB’s is a lot to allocate. 

2 hours ago, hornsups said:

We need to load up on offensive lineman for the move to the SEC so I agree we need to take 3-4 more. 

But taking 5 to 6 more DB’s with 3 already committed. You want a 8-9 DB class? That’s not good roster construction. You have to hope Barron and Crawford are good to go as starters next season. If you get Denver Harris he would be your first off the bench. We don’t know what Ibraheem & Johnson will bring but they are both freshman. 8-9 DB’s is a lot to allocate. 

lI belive that 18 DBS is a good numbet 3 deep plus 3 extra A lot of DBS play special teams also. Miss counted on number of DB 6-7 would be fine.

Glad to see some one else is concerend about roster construction!

4 hours ago, hornsups said:

I think there are only 3-4 recruits that we're after at OL. We'd have to hit 1000 to achieve what you're wanting. Thats unlikely. We'll have to be prepared for the portal and get what we need there. But I agree, we need talent/experience sooner rather than later.

IMO, we take one or two more DBs and thats it.

I think Barron is ready right now. I don't know about Johnson but I hear lots of praise going his way.

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Campbell,De Berry, Abor, Green and Omeolulu maybe some flips.

Campbell – 60%

Green – 65%

Dewberry – 45%

Abor – 55%

Omeolulu – have no idea.

There's four there if we can close them. What I just posted could be the way it is today, but tomorrow those numbers move around a bit. I keep hearing Dewberry is a long shot but continue to see him visit and talk with coaches a lot. Coming out of the OSU weekend, Green and Abor were all but on commit watch. They loved what they saw.

We led for Campbell for a while but its been a few months since that was the case. He's being recruited hard by several schools. Sure hope we can pull this one out.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Aggy made a big move on Stewart. Kinda has an Anderson feel to it.  Sark had a big opportunity in recruiting.  Losing two weeks in a row was a killer. 

The bag man cometh. Thing is, nobody really wants to play in that offense right now. 

The opportunity is still there.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The bag man cometh. Thing is, nobody really wants to play in that offense right now. 

The opportunity is still there.

IMO most Texas fans and many in Texas administration do not have the stomach for the SEC. And I am not just talking about the $$ aka bag man aspect of it. It really is a kill or be killed win at all cost league. Texas will either step up or become even more irrelevant then they have the past decade.  Texas very well could be Vanderbilt in a few years. 

6 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

IMO most Texas fans and many in Texas administration do not have the stomach for the SEC. And I am not just talking about the $$ aka bag man aspect of it. It really is a kill or be killed win at all cost league. Texas will either step up or become even more irrelevant then they have the past decade.  Texas very well could be Vanderbilt in a few years. 

Lots of bad things would have to happen for us to become Vanderbilt. As Vandy will tell you, that reputation wasn't built in a day. lol

We hired the best guy available for the job. We are recruiting well. Let's just sit back and see where this thing goes. After all, we could also be Alabama in a few years.

9 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

We have to start winning if we want the best recruits.  The days of playing for Texas because it's Texas are gone.  We're a middle of the pack Big 12 team right now; that doesn't bode well for the SEC

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Florida has been eliminated from Stewart's top teams. Replaced by aggy. 

Our old friend D'Anthony Gatson will commit to the good guys if re-offered during a zoom call with Drayton. I guess they expect Blue to bail or intend to cut him loose.

Courtesy IT

Is SC about to jilt Gaston?

On 10/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Do not worry what Texas coachs do will not shock me.

However IMO a unbalance roster has caused losses andlooks like it  might contunie. Will wait till signing day to comment further.

Then will see if Sark talks straight or not.

Just guessing it was a senior moment on not commenting further until signing day?

Just MPO, but we get 3 solid OL and 2-3 DBS with 2-3WRS. Then add 3 solid or more players via the portal and lose upto 10 players that won't  matter that you claim matter. Like I've  said we could lose 10 via the portal and theat won't  matter again  next year. 

Seems like it's  difficult  for you to understand, but the portal is and will be both helpful and worrisome for us and anyone other team out there.  

Needing 2-3 OL via the portal that are the right fit and 1-2 DB that can help out right away. But don't take away from the numbers needed to keep us from getting the best players. 

We nor any team is saying "NO" to a 5* player at any position like you seem to be willing to do.  That's  bad coaching  on your part and understanding!

What is straight talk from the coach  BTW? What you what to hear? Or what is realistic talk from a coach? But what till after the 1st signing day in December to answer? Is that possible?

On 10/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Campbell,De Berry, Abor, Green and Omeolulu maybe some flips.

On DBS 11 + 3 commitments 1 or 2 more just barely 3 deep. Way they get tired now days need at least 10 ready to play. IMO 18 is a good number for DBS. 17for OL

Wait, Abor the D'ville DE along with Wiggins at DE?  Or are we thinking Agho at OL tackle? Maybe someone else should answer since you claimed to not say anything until signing day in December? Doubt we are taking 9 DL/DE in 1 class.

6 hours ago, david ficken said:

Wait, Abor the D'ville DE along with Wiggins at DE?  Or are we thinking Agho at OL tackle? Maybe someone else should answer since you claimed to not say anything until signing day in December? Doubt we are taking 9 DL/DE in 1 class.

I think you're right. I think he's thinking Agbo the OL. He left very impressed. Abor is unlikely.

9 hours ago, david ficken said:

Just guessing it was a senior moment on not commenting further until signing day?

Just MPO, but we get 3 solid OL and 2-3 DBS with 2-3WRS. Then add 3 solid or more players via the portal and lose upto 10 players that won't  matter that you claim matter. Like I've  said we could lose 10 via the portal and theat won't  matter again  next year. 

Seems like it's  difficult  for you to understand, but the portal is and will be both helpful and worrisome for us and anyone other team out there.  

Needing 2-3 OL via the portal that are the right fit and 1-2 DB that can help out right away. But don't take away from the numbers needed to keep us from getting the best players. 

We nor any team is saying "NO" to a 5* player at any position like you seem to be willing to do.  That's  bad coaching  on your part and understanding!

What is straight talk from the coach  BTW? What you what to hear? Or what is realistic talk from a coach? But what till after the 1st signing day in December to answer? Is that possible?

2-year starter at Wisconsin just entered the portal. He's their Center. My mind says anytime you can get an OL from Wisconsin, you do it. But do we carry two centers?