Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Updated visitors list for the OK State game (per all sites):

2022
RB, Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
WR, Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
WR, Brenen Thompson, Spearman
WR, Armani Winfield, Lewisville
TE, Jaleel Skinner, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
OL, Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WA)
OL, Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)
OL, Cole Hutson, Frisco High
OL, Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
DE, Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (Baton Rouge, LA)
DE/LB, Derrick Brown, Texarkana Texas High
DE/LB, Anthony Jones, Liberty (Henderson, NV)
S, Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
S, Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan
S, Larry Turner-Gooden, Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills, CA)
S, Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (Ponchatoula, LA)
K, Will Stone, Regents School of Austin

2023
QB, JT Fayard, Richmond Foster
QB, Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
RB, Rueben Owens, El Campo
WR, Johntay Cook II, DeSoto
WR, Braylon James, Del Valle
WR, Jalen Hale, Longview
TE, Jaden Greathouse, Austin Westlake
TE, Will Randle, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
OL, Isaiah Robinson, Arlington Lamar
OL, TJ Shanahan, Austin Westlake
OL, Connor Stroh, Frisco Wakeland
OL/DT, Markis Deal, Garland Naaman Forest
DT, Avion Carter, Amarillo Tascosa
DE, Anthony James II, Wylie East
DE/LB, Carson Dean, Carrollton Hebron
LB, S'Maje Burrell, North Crowley
LB, Anthony Hill Jr., Denton Ryan
CB, Vernon Glover Jr., Dickinson
CB, Jordan Matthews, Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA)
ATH, Rohan Fluellen, Gilmer
ATH, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, Temple
ATH, Dawson Pendergrass, Mineola

2024
QB, Mark Moore, El Paso Americas
OL, Gibson Pyle, Klein Cain
DT, Nigel Smith II, Melissa
CB, Jaden Allen, Aledo
ATH, Derrick McFall, Tyler High

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

Pretty par for Texas recruiting “insiders”

we’re getting everyone -> this class will shape out nicely -> we’re looking at flipping an undersized 3* center from Florida that ultimately picked someone else. 
 

gotta take it with a grain of salt and hope sark can flip the script on this sh*t. 

 

Are you an aggy? By the way we currently have the 2nd ranked class and a lot of studs still on the table. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

Are you an aggy? By the way we currently have the 2nd ranked class and a lot of studs still on the table. 

Definitely not an aggy. Recruiting, has not exactly been the best and it’s honest facts. It’s a simple statement of the “insiders” either being completely wrong, or releasing something to early. 

Just because one negative thing was said doesn’t mean someone is here trolling (or an aggy.) we do have the 2nd overall recruiting class. We also had the number 8(2020) the number 3(2019) and number 3(2018) and can’t block a or defend the run. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

Definitely not an aggy. Recruiting, has not exactly been the best and it’s honest facts. It’s a simple statement of the “insiders” either being completely wrong, or releasing something to early. 

Just because one negative thing was said doesn’t mean someone is here trolling (or an aggy.) we do have the 2nd overall recruiting class. We also had the number 8(2020) the number 3(2019) and number 3(2018) and can’t block a or defend the run. 
 

You can’t say recruiting hasn’t been the best in one paragraph. Then point out we currently have the 2nd ranked class, had the 8th ranked class last year and the 3rd ranked class two consecutive years prior to that. That’s good recruiting. Maybe you’re confusing recruiting with development. That’s two different things though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, hornsups said:

You can’t say recruiting hasn’t been the best in one paragraph. Then point out we currently have the 2nd ranked class, had the 8th ranked class last year and the 3rd ranked class two consecutive years prior to that. That’s good recruiting. Maybe you’re confusing recruiting with development. That’s two different things though. 

You are correct, my apologies. Recruiting at some positions as been lacking, yes the numbers look good, deep at some positions and lacking at others. Didn’t really want to get in to a debate, just stated I wish the insiders would just wait and let the kids announce when they want.

Also, Owens leaving opens up a spot for a transfer O line which is a positive. Have a good day gents. Tmrws a big recruiting day and I believe sark will close on Agbo, Wiggins or turner-Gooden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Hard to say now because kids love making silent commitments, but I like the odds especially if Texas puts on an offensive show.

Hopefully we see the 👀 from the coaches on Saturday afternoon/evening.

I am hearing that we should be watching out for a 22 or 23 WR.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

You are correct, my apologies. Recruiting at some positions as been lacking, yes the numbers look good, deep at some positions and lacking at others. Didn’t really want to get in to a debate, just stated I wish the insiders would just wait and let the kids announce when they want.

Also, Owens leaving opens up a spot for a transfer O line which is a positive. Have a good day gents. Tmrws a big recruiting day and I believe sark will close on Agbo, Wiggins or turner-Gooden. 

Rankings really don't mean much if you're not recruiting your needs. Some folks just look at rankings and thats it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

@TFloss32 when’s Campbell’s OV? I thought he was going to be here this game? 

Nothing set up for Texas yet, but that would be his last one if he takes it.

He's taken three with LSU coming on Thanksgiving weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

A mod from Florida's Rivals site has switched his prediction for WR Evan Stewart from Florida to Texas.

They are the main competition for UT imo.

https://247sports.com/player/evan-stewart-46096676/

OrangeBloods saying Stewart had dinner at the stadium tonight in one of the suites.

Sounds like Sark and most of the staff were there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Nothing set up for Texas yet, but that would be his last one if he takes it.

He's taken three with LSU coming on Thanksgiving weekend.

Are we even on his radar? This far into the season and no visit scheduled. I thought he was our #1 target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We currently have the #4 ranked class. We were #2 and then some other teams got some commitments and moved past us.

With a kicker and a deep snapper in our class, I see us finishing between #7 and #10.

 

You can look at the 247 Composite rankings two ways. 

Their rankings are weighted toward quantity which is why we are currently 4th. There are only 2-3 teams with more commits than us included Penn State who is currently ranked 2nd. 

But if you look at it from a quality standpoint, i.e. the average player ranking, Texas is 11th and Penn State is 12th. 

And, yes, I know that having a kicker and deep snapper affect both of those. And I also know that there are a lot of teams with a special teams player included in their commits. But none with 2 like Texas. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoke to one of my friends tonight. It was a short conversation but I got right to the point . . . what kind of damage did we do by crapping the bed today?

Friend zeroed in on Evan Stewart . . "in a way, it couldn't have gone better. He had already connected with Sark the evening before, I mean really connected. They spoke one-on-one for over an hour, even though there were lots of people around them also talking. They were just speaking to each other for a while with no interruption. I know that after the game it appeared Stewart saw how he could have helped win this game. It was not the negative effect (the loss) that it normally would have been. We'll see where it goes but I don't feel there was any damage at all with the Stewart recruitment."

"The rest, hard to say. I was paying close attention to Stewart most of the time."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Spoke to one of my friends tonight. It was a short conversation but I got right to the point . . . what kind of damage did we do by crapping the bed today?

Friend zeroed in on Evan Stewart . . "in a way, it couldn't have gone better. He had already connected with Sark the evening before, I mean really connected. They spoke one-on-one for over an hour, even though there were lots of people around them also talking. They were just speaking to each other for a while with no interruption. I know that after the game it appeared Stewart saw how he could have helped win this game. It was not the negative effect (the loss) that it normally would have been. We'll see where it goes but I don't feel there was any damage at all with the Stewart recruitment."

"The rest, hard to say. I was paying close attention to Stewart most of the time."

Good. Hopefully the OL recruits have the same outlook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    L 24-32
    10/30
    @Baylor
    L 24-31
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    L 7-30
    11/13
    Kansas
    L 56-57 OT
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    L 23-31
    11/27
    Kansas State
    W 22-17

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...