Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

According to Mike Roach, Sark and staff have really put their foot on the gas with the Evans recruitment and its paying off. The thinking is if Texas beats OU, we may have ourselves a commitment soon after.

A thought about the Skinner recruitment . . . Why has there been CB action by some for this kid to Bama? Bama already has two TEs committed in the class. I know its Saban,  but geez do you spend three spots on TEs?

Things are really heating up behind the scenes with Evans. I know I've said I didn't care if he came here but hey, if he does, there's a shot of having that dream line up I posted about yesterday.

I mean we took 3 TEs in the 2021 class... Not unprecedented at all! Very easily could happen in a BoB offense! Also it is an easy position to sign a player and move to WR or DE.

Glad we are in it for Skinner but not holding my breath here.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

thinking Perkins wouldn't be far behind.

Perkins will not commit to Texas until he 100% knows when we are going to the sec.  This is a fact... If Texas does not go until 2023 or 2024 he will not be in our class. This is a hardline for him. 

13 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Do we keep the heat on Stewart, Preston and Coleman. Seems like we haven't heard a word on Coleman in months.

Do we stop at 3, 4 WR's ?

Do the Horns need 3-4 recievers? With out running off some of present ones.

18 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

The best at any position should be playing period. This should motivate someone to get better or be prepared to ride the pine. If they leave so be it. If you want to be #1, recruit the best.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Perkins will not commit to Texas until he 100% knows when we are going to the sec.  This is a fact... If Texas does not go until 2023 or 2024 he will not be in our class. This is a hardline for him. 

Are there any rumblings at all out there of when an announcement for our first year in the SEC will be?

Would be nice for that to happen so we can get Perkins in the boat.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Hard to know if Omeire comes back the same if at all. Washington has shown flashes, Estelle a senior, Harrison, who knows. Lots of question marks would indicate plenty of room to recruit more studs. 

Still would love to see some OL types buy into the seemingly growing momentum. Maybe with a win this weekend. 

6 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Are there any rumblings at all out there of when an announcement for our first year in the SEC will be?

Would be nice for that to happen so we can get Perkins in the boat.

It's purportedly to he this week. We'll get a certain 5* and other flips. Holding my breath. Ha.

5 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I'm okay with you thinking that. But don't call something "fact" when it only exists in your head as an opinion. . . unless you're going to tell me your tight with Perkins. lol

Plus, these are 18-year old kids. Their feelings can change on a dime.

Will have to disagree. Four would be 15 for a three man position. Room a little crowded.

Also proably more recievers than DBS

IMO will never win big wirh a unbalanced roster

Time will tell meanwhile ou sucks.

49 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes.

21 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Will have to disagree. Four would be 15 for a three man position. Room a little crowded.

I’d have to say yes, but no.  Yes Texas needs more receivers, but not without running some off.  A former walk-on, a senior and junior that aren’t contributing.  

13 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

I’d have to say yes, but no.  Yes Texas needs more receivers, but not without running some off.  A former walk-on, a senior and junior that aren’t contributing.  

We will have attrition after the season to make room for a big signing class and to bring in transfers.

56 minutes ago, Slimer said:

We will have attrition after the season to make room for a big signing class and to bring in transfers.

We're already looking at a WR from Syracuse who entered the portal today. He fast. And he's been the #2 receiver in their conference in his short time there. Going portal now gives him two more years to play somewhere.

After hours ofstuding the roster chart and meditation I now belive.

If Texas can get commitments from Stewart, Hudson, Preston, Colemanand get Burton and Williams to flip and get a portal WR it will be a great class.

Move new WR Thompson to QB and go five wide,

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Are you including attrition? Graduation? etc?

26 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

After hours ofstuding the roster chart and meditation I now belive.

If Texas can get commitments from Stewart, Hudson, Preston, Colemanand get Burton and Williams to flip and get a portal WR it will be a great class.

Move new WR Thompson to QB and go five wide,

200.gif?cid=790b761164apuf67b7ch6qgmdl3k