Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

247 reporting Texas has started speaking to QB Maalik Murphy of Gardena, CA again.

He was actually the first QB offer of the class.

https://247sports.com/player/maalik-murphy-46079369/

This would be a good pickup if it happens.  I guess you can take OSU off that list since Ewers is going there, at least that is the mentality of the some players these days, i.e. playing time over college choice.  Can't blame them though.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Per 247, QB Quinn Ewers set up a workout this evening with WR Phaizon Wilson (Lancaster), WR Evan Stewart (Frisco Liberty) and WR Armani Winfield (Lewisville).

Herman will never have a better chance to own the state than with this class.  Aggy is looking at about 5-5 this year.  If Herman can win the conference he'll win 90% of battles for recruits against a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

This would be a good pickup if it happens.  I guess you can take OSU off that list since Ewers is going there, at least that is the mentality of the some players these days, i.e. playing time over college choice.  Can't blame them though.

Instant gratification rules the day. Really curious how an Urban hire roils the 22'  recruiting season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Apparently Sark had a conversation with Ewers, a face time. Sounds like we're back in it though Ewers insists he's committed to OSU.

We'll see.

Still a long way to go.  I would be happy with either Ewers or Murphy.  I'd prefer to keep the #1 rated QB in Texas and the nation in state, but won't cry if they have to take the #2 QB.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Maybe this thread can finally get going now....

Speaking of that, IT had a nice breakdown of potential 2022s Texas could be in play for if Sark makes certain hires.

- Sark is the best hire Texas could've made to potentially flip QB Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll) back.

- Corey Raymond coming to Texas means you land CB Denver Harris (GP North Shore), you'll likely get S Bryan Allen, Jr. (Aledo) and S Bryce Anderson (Beaumont West Brook ) to stay home and you can probably add CB/S Terrance Brooks (Plano John Paul II) to the group.

- GP North Shore and FW All Saints guys raved about Kyle Flood.

- Drayton should be able to land Jaydon Blue (Klein Cain), and may take Jamarion Miller (Tyler Legacy) too.

- any SEC coaches should help with LB Harold Perkins (Cypress Park).

Texas was one of the early favorites for Murphy but once the Longhorns took a commitment from Quinn Ewers (since de-committed), he took them off his list. Murphy told us Longhorn OC Michael Yurcich reached out to him a few days after Ewers de-committed and Texas was once again back on the list.

A few days ago, former UT head coach Tom Herman was fired and Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian was hired as the new head coach. Murphy said Texas remains an intriguing option for him.

"It was funny, I put out a tweet after Sark was hired saying, 'me likey' and it kind of blew up," Murphy said. "My feed was crazy with Texas fans all excited. To be honest, I haven't really talked much with coach Sark over the last year.

Top247 '22 QB Maalik Murphy in no hurry

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Maalik-Murphy-football-recruiting-UCLA-Bruins-Rutgers-Oregon-Ducks--158697632/

• Administrators

Per IT, they believe WR Evan Stewart (Frisco Liberty) and WR Brenen Thompson (Spearman) will be Sark's top targets for this class.

He wants speed and more speed.

Another to keep on eye on is WR CJ Williams from Santa Ana, CA since he's at Mater Dei.

https://247sports.com/player/evan-stewart-46096676/

https://247sports.com/player/brenen-thompson-46100208/

https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Williams-46082278/