Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I read it a little differently

"While Harris hedged on his plans to drop a top two, he did confirm at the time the two schools at the forefront of his mind at the time were LSU and Alabama.

If there is a silver lining, Harris added his mind is not yet made up and the order in which schools fall in line is still rather fluid."

And as far as TFB goes, it's fairly accurate, but it is a gooner site with a couple of UT writers. They blatantly leave the old schedule up to piss off UT readers. I remember when Brandon came over to the UT side and started talking some $h!t, then banned several people that gave it right back. That's why they will never see my money.

They're about to debut an entirely new site. No sense in correcting something you're about to replace.

You said you read it a little differently, but never elaborated other than to quote Harris saying exactly what I said. LSU and Bama are his top two. I can say that a thousand ways. He just gave you one. So I don't understand your confusion.

As for what you think of TFB, that's your prerogative. I'll respect that. But I don't share those sentiments. I did 20 years in a news room. I care about accuracy. Theirs stands above.

They provided direct quotes from the subject himself. Mike is providing sour grapes from the guy who got it wrong. There is no substance to what he posted at all.

44 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They're about to debut an entirely new site. No sense in correcting something you're about to replace.

You said you read it a little differently, but never elaborated other than to quote Harris saying exactly what I said. LSU and Bama are his top two. I can say that a thousand ways. He just gave you one. So I don't understand your confusion.

As for what you think of TFB, that's your prerogative. I'll respect that. But I don't share those sentiments. I did 20 years in a news room. I care about accuracy. Theirs stands above.

They provided direct quotes from the subject himself. Mike is providing sour grapes from the guy who got it wrong. There is no substance to what he posted at all.

You can infer from what I quoted that he has changed his mind. Your initial quote was correct at one time but Harris' sentiment has changed since then. Per TFB.

It's still a gooner site! 

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

You can infer from what I quoted that he has changed his mind. Your initial quote was correct at one time but Harris' sentiment has changed since then. Per TFB.

It's still a gooner site! 

He said he didn't have a top two, but that LSU and Bama were at the top of his list. That makes a top two, regardless. There could be a top 5 right now, but LSU and Bama still occupy spots 1 and 2.

From that article: "In fact, I would go far to say LSU is probably the team to beat in this recruitment for the time being."

We won't know anything until Signing Day, at least nothing solid. He could change his mind a dozen times between now and then, and probably will.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"While Harris hedged on his plans to drop a top two, he did confirm at the time the two schools at the forefront of his mind at the time were LSU and Alabama.

If there is a silver lining, Harris added his mind is not yet made up and the order in which schools fall in line is still rather fluid."

At the time of what? 

At the time of the interview, the time he was going to drop the top 2 which was before his Texas visit? 

He then says it's fluid.

This isn't reporting it's dart throwing. He doesn't even use a direct quote from Harris he paraphrases what was said.

This isn't accuracy.

1 hour ago, Noonan said:

At the time of what? 

At the time of the interview, the time he was going to drop the top 2 which was before his Texas visit? 

He then says it's fluid.

This isn't reporting it's dart throwing. He doesn't even use a direct quote from Harris he paraphrases what was said.

This isn't accuracy.

At the time of the interview. Are you suggesting TFB is lying? 

There are two stories on the subject on TFB. Harris is quoted throughout the second one.

The recruitment is fluid. Is that not accurate?

Fluid as in it's been Bama at the front for a time, then LSU, . . it's changed. Has it not?

Again, its a ways until NSD. Now is not the time to get excited. Texas needs to just stay in contact and keep winning.

On his Texas visit (quoted) “Yeah, I feel like I have seen everything. Except for the season, you know. I am still trying to give them a chance throughout the season.”

• Administrators

A list of noteworthy recruits who will be at the TCU game today, per 247:

QB, Jackson Arnold, Denton Guyer
WR, Jordyn Bailey, Denton Ryan
WR, Ashton Cozart, Flower Mound Marcus
WR, Anthony Evans III, Converse Judson
OL, Kaden Carr, Amarillo High
OL, Isaiah Robinson, Arlington Lamar
CB, Jamel Johnson, Arlington Seguin
CB, Bravion Rogers, La Grange
CB, Javien Toviano, Arlington Martin
S, Peyton Bowen, Denton Guyer
S, Naeten Mitchell, Temple
S, Ryan Yaites, Denton Guyer

QB, Cole Welliver, Flower Mound Marcus
WR, Xavier Filsaime, McKinney High
CB, Eli Bowen, Denton Guyer
CB, Jordon Johnson-Rubell, Fort Worth Brewer

7 minutes ago, dssl said:

Texags is in full melt down mode. With Jimbo's new 10 year guaranteed contract for over 9 million a year Aggy football is turning into a dumpster fire. 

Could be a monumental Aggy decommit season coming soon.

A very expensive dumpster fire.

To this point, Jimbo and Sumlin have identical records as aggy coach. Sumlin got fired. Jimbo got a raise. Go figure.

15 hours ago, dssl said:

Texags is in full melt down mode. With Jimbo's new 10 year guaranteed contract for over 9 million a year Aggy football is turning into a dumpster fire. 

Could be a monumental Aggy decommit season coming soon.

They aren’t happy. They are discussing the merits of sending their children to small non-football schools.

ROFL!

48 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Just curious.... does anyone on this site have an opinion on the accuracy and integrity of an organization called “True Football Brainiacs?”

I’ll hang up and listen 😏

Uh, I believe its just "The Football Brainiacs."

Its just a name. But yeah, they've stood up well to it.

You're not going to get much of an opinion without having any substance to work with. 

19 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

I like that his profile picture is him in a Texas jersey. Is he hinting on where he is going?

Texas was at the top of his list only a couple weeks ago. I think the media has a hard time buying that and simply expect him to snub us and go to Bama or some other SEC school.