Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Then who is the best player? 

A old country boy coach said you take the best and I will take the rest. And I will beat ou every time.

Per 24/7 31 5 stars  356 4 stars and 750+ 3 stars.

So I guess 4 star woulg beat 5 stars,

But Saban takes the 5 stars coaches and develops them and is in the top 4 every year.  If he was coaching 3 and 4 stars only he'd win but he wouldn't in like he has last 13 years or so.  Get the best and coach them up and you win at a high level.  Ohio States, Alabama, and Clemson have been recruiting top 5 classes every year with a lot of five stars for the last decade and those are the top programs year in and year out for the decade.  If you don't want a 5 star program go for the 4 stars and you'll end up with a four star program.  The only 5 stars we have on our offensive side are Bijan and JWhitt.  Xavier Worthy was a high four star and is our third highest rated recruit on offense.  Hopefully, we can recruit more guys on that level.  Alabama's offense is full of them.

1 hour ago, hornsups said:

Come on guy. Did I say that I went there for the accuracy?? How about they produce an accurate schedule? They aren’t second to none on something as simple as that. I don’t need them for the schedule though. I have the internet and I live in Austin. And I’m on campus enough that I could figure it out. I said it’s shameful that they have a schedule up on the UT site from 2019. Yet they have an updated one for the ou site. They are telling you which site they care about more simply with that. It’s not in my mind. They are an ou site with a Texas branch of it. That’s fine. But that’s what they are. I can’t say their accuracy is second to none because truly all the Texas sites have been pretty weak this season so maybe they are 4th to none? But again I don’t care about their accuracy. I don’t really care they have a schedule up from 2019. But I’m not gonna pretend it’s not telling that they couldn’t update the freakin schedule on a site. It’s a simple thing. They updated it for the ou site but didn’t think to do it for the UT one? If both of my kids are seating at the table and I only fix one of them a bowl of cereal and I let the other just sit there. Obviously one of those kids must mean more to me than the other. Come champ, it’s not that hard. Go somewhere else guy. You know better than to reply to me. 

Wow, that really got under your skin, didn't it? It shouldn't have and thats why you need some friggin help dude. Your personal bitterness is not of interest to anyone on this board. It is boring.

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Darrell Royal? 

Darrell Royal recruited the best players in Texas.  He also didn't have scholarship limits.  (Before Title IX).  So he recruited kids he new would sit on the bench for four years so other SWC programs wouldn't have them for their team.  You couldn't transfer back then.  After you signed the Letter of Intent, if you changed schools you had to sit out two years and you only had three years of eligibility.  You couldn't play as a freshman.   

4 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Darrell Royal recruited the best players in Texas.  He also didn't have scholarship limits.  (Before Title IX).  So he recruited kids he new would sit on the bench for four years so other SWC programs wouldn't have them for their team.  You couldn't transfer back then.  After you signed the Letter of Intent, if you changed schools you had to sit out two years and you only had three years of eligibility.  You couldn't play as a freshman.   

Thanks. 

But I was asking if it was Darrell Royal whom he was quoting.  

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Thanks. 

But I was asking if it was Darrell Royal whom he was quoting.  

No it was Dykes at TT.

with 31 five stars available doubt if Sabin recruits all five stars. Point is 400+ players will beat 31 every time.

However 3 star players some times become pros. All in the development.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Wayne said:

Freshmen did play there was freshmen teams. Cubs, Owlets Shorthorns etc.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

An insider very very very close to Denver when told of this report. HIS RESPONSE LOL LOL LOL

Good gawd. What the hell is he supposed to say?

"Doh?"

Attempting to save face is what you're placing your faith in. LOL LOL LOL

Forget the horses mouth, you want to hear what the pig thinks the horse feels. LOL

57 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric on this 

Screenshot_20211001-160517_Chrome.jpg

"Wondering just how those questions were asked" ???

Seriously? lol

That's called being bitter about a competitor printing what you can't rather than listening to exactly what the kid said.

So again, you're calling Denver Harris a liar?

eThe pay services will go to any lenth to get ahead of the other. They want your money. I am the best the others are junk.

Before the internet I had some first hand experencewith this. Now read for news and some times laughs

But appricate the work put in to the ones who dothe fine job of putting the news out there.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"Wondering just how those questions were asked" ???

Seriously? lol

That's called being bitter about a competitor printing what you can't rather than listening to exactly what the kid said.

So again, you're calling Denver Harris a liar?

I read it a little differently

"While Harris hedged on his plans to drop a top two, he did confirm at the time the two schools at the forefront of his mind at the time were LSU and Alabama.

If there is a silver lining, Harris added his mind is not yet made up and the order in which schools fall in line is still rather fluid."

And as far as TFB goes, it's fairly accurate, but it is a gooner site with a couple of UT writers. They blatantly leave the old schedule up to piss off UT readers. I remember when Brandon came over to the UT side and started talking some $h!t, then banned several people that gave it right back. That's why they will never see my money.