Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

OL is a big problem! Lets see how it is adressed this week and vs Rice.

The OL should look better vs Riceespically in second half.

As mentioned earlier next week will be fools gold. Watching the game against LaLa in LH.  How many time was Robinson held to no gain, 1 yrd or more loss? Most of his positive runs were improvisations. How many time was Card sacked. How many other times was he running for his life? 

This is just plain ugly.

If using the portal for OL is fine as they are quality OL and not just warm bodies for numbers. That was Hand and that sure as hell didn't  work out.  As far as coaching goes I've  said many times the bad OL coaches we have had since 2006 or 2007. Wickline said when he came back that he was happier with 3 * OL than 4/5* OL.  Tell me how's  he doing at WV, I  think that's  were he is at. Auburn fans were so happy that we took Hand just like Georgia fans were happy when we took Searls.  Alabama  knew the Flood would follow Sark, but they would take him back.  I expect  3 OL to finish in recruiting then see what's in the portal to help fill in needs to help OL freshmen to redshirt.  

With Helton being fired, Texas should be trying to raid the University of Texas in Southern California (UTSC) 2022 class right now.  Need to go hard, I mean all out, after UTSC target Earnest Greene. They need Greene, Campbell and Dewberry (that's for you East Texas Horn) Hopefully Bama goes hard after Domani Jackson which pushes Denver Harris to UT.

9 hours ago, texbound said:

With Helton being fired, Texas should be trying to raid the University of Texas in Southern California (UTSC) 2022 class right now.  Need to go hard, I mean all out, after UTSC target Earnest Greene. They need Greene, Campbell and Dewberry (that's for you East Texas Horn) Hopefully Bama goes hard after Domani Jackson which pushes Denver Harris to UT.

Agree, but it might have helped our chances if we hadn't fallen flat on our faces.

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

Agree, but it might have helped our chances if we hadn't fallen flat on our faces.

Or it might have helped their chances because they fell flat with a 1st year head coach and clear sign they need help on the OL.  Every position is up for grabs. Just depends on how they sell it.

10 hours ago, texbound said:

Or it might have helped their chances because they fell flat with a 1st year head coach and clear sign they need help on the OL.  Every position is up for grabs. Just depends on how they sell it.

That may be the problem, selling when we should be buying

2 hours ago, Drb522 said:

In 3 years we all hope they will be buying.  Right now it's sale sale sale and hope the recruits believe the end product will be worth it.  I know they tried it with Strong and Herman, but Flood does have the skins on the wall to back it up.  Hopefully the recruits buy it.  That's all we can hope for right now.

22 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Recruiting is about relationships and selling of a vision for the future. Obviously an embarrassing loss hurts some but I don't think it's near as big of a deal as many believe. 

1 hour ago, dssl said:

Recruiting is about relationships and selling of a vision for the future. Obviously an embarrassing loss hurts some but I don't think it's near as big of a deal as many believe. 

True. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten any recruits after the oklahoma blow out embarrassments.