Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, and sticking needles in their eyes is also their choice. It's the public's right to choose whether they want to regard a prima Dona or not. There are consequences for these choices you speak of.

The chances of him being injured and affecting his career are very low. The chances of people disliking him for abandoning his team are pretty high.

Its not about what you owe anybody. I've heard that to the point of wanting to puke on the thread. lol It's about how you conduct yourself as a man. It seems that isn't being taught much to some kids.

If Evan Stewart comes to Texas and has a couple 1,000 yard receiving years, all will be forgiven/forgotten.  However, I do guarantee you the year before he's drafted (no matter where he is) if his team isn't in the NCAA playoffs he's sitting out getting ready for the draft.

Just now, TFloss32 said:

IT saying LB Jeremy Patton of Tenaha may visit Austin soon.

They believe there's a good chance the staff can get some momentum here if they have a chance to "right some previous wrongs" in that recruitment from earlier in the cycle.

https://247sports.com/player/jeremy-patton-46078976/

good grief, where will they put him?

1 minute ago, Wayne said:

If Evan Stewart comes to Texas and has a couple 1,000 yard receiving years, all will be forgiven/forgotten.  However, I do guarantee you the year before he's drafted (no matter where he is) if his team isn't in the NCAA playoffs he's sitting out getting ready for the draft.

Thats his prerogative and after the contributions he would have made, perhaps it's deserved.

But NOBODY in HS football has that same privilege. It's friggin HS football.

I don't think Stewart comes to Texas and I've grown increasingly comfortable with that.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

They believe there's a good chance the staff can get some momentum here if they have an opportunity to "right some previous wrongs" in that recruitment from earlier in the cycle.

IT followed up on this and said Patton is not the committed recruit previously mentioned who has heavy interest in Texas right now.

6 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

They believe there's a good chance the staff can get some momentum here if they have an opportunity to "right some previous wrongs" in that recruitment from earlier in the cycle.

He doesn’t stand out playing 2a ball.  I don’t believe he would ever contribute at Texas.  He did not impress me the time I saw him

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats his prerogative and after the contributions he would have made, perhaps it's deserved.

But NOBODY in HS football has that same privilege. It's friggin HS football.

I don't think Stewart comes to Texas and I've grown increasingly comfortable with that.

But why does he have to play High School football.

Here's a thought experiment: if someone offered you $500k one year from today with one caveat, if you get one traffic ticket you get nothing.  Would you drive the speed limit?  Would you make sure you're tags, inspection, license and insurance were up to date?  I've only had a couple of tickets in the past twenty years, there isn't much chance I get a ticket.  But I'd take precautions. 

The NIL is the game changer.  These guys have something to lose in 1 year not three years.

6 minutes ago, Wayne said:

But why does he have to play High School football.

Here's a thought experiment: if someone offered you $500k one year from today with one caveat, if you get one traffic ticket you get nothing.  Would you drive the speed limit?  Would you make sure you're tags, inspection, license and insurance were up to date?  I've only had a couple of tickets in the past twenty years, there isn't much chance I get a ticket.  But I'd take precautions. 

The NIL is the game changer.  These guys have something to lose in 1 year not three years.

Let me answer rather simply. I don't stop driving.

As for that other stuff, if your player wants to take precautions for in-game situations, that might be seen as smart.

NIL is just a little money early in their lives. But you don't get many NIL opportunties when your butt is stuck on the sidelines watching your teammates play.

I sure wouldn't pay for that.

FWIW, I haven't had a ticket in 18 years so I'm probably the wrong person to give that analogy to.

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Let me answer rather simply. I don't stop driving.

As for that other stuff, if your player wants to take precautions for in-game situations, that might be seen as smart.

NIL is just a little money early in their lives. But you don't get many NIL opportunties when your butt is stuck on the sidelines watching your teammates play.

I sure wouldn't pay for that.

I wouldn't stop driving either.  I'd just make sure I dotted my i's and crossed my t's.  I wouldn't take any unnecessary risks.  And that last month I might spend $100 a day on Uber's.

And I don't know about you, but 500k isn't just a little money to me.  5 stars are getting that much at Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson and they will be at Texas if we ever get another. QBs are over a million before they've played a down.  That's not peanuts to me.    

16 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I wouldn't stop driving either.  I'd just make sure I dotted my i's and crossed my t's.  I wouldn't take any unnecessary risks.  And that last month I might spend $100 a day on Uber's.

And I don't know about you, but 500k isn't just a little money to me.  5 stars are getting that much at Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson and they will be at Texas if we ever get another. QBs are over a million before they've played a down.  That's not peanuts to me.    

No, its not peanuts. But if my business were to contract with someone like him, knowing he has skipped games in the past, would make me want to add a condition clause which would forfeit a certain figure every time he skips a game. His value to me is diminished every time he's not in front of fans scoring touchdowns.

I would be inclined to remove that clause for his senior year.

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, its not peanuts. But if my business were to contract with someone like him, knowing he has skipped games in the past, would make me want to add a condition clause which would forfeit a certain figure every time he skips a game. His value to me is diminished every time he's not in front of fans scoring touchdowns.

I would be inclined to remove that clause for his senior year.

With the NIL until the end of the third year in the program, after which you could enter the draft, there is no incentive to lollygag.  You have to build up your draft stock.  There is one good thing about the NIL.  The guys who aren't in the first 3 or 4 rounds will have to really think about sticking around for another year.  Some NIL people ought to get with the university and figure out how to work that out.  You might get a lil'Jordan to stick around another year. 

And just think how much a VY could have earned in that 4th year.

Instead of reposting texbound's post I will just answer.Yuo missed RB Young and one more I cannot find a name. Proablt DL or LB as they run together.

zI have 88 same as TFloss32 came up with no big deal due to cov. it a crazzy yearfor recruiting.

I am still stuck on 25 as I cannot see a way to go beyon that. Hope you all are right as Horns desperate need OL and DBS.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Instead of reposting texbound's post I will just answer.Yuo missed RB Young and one more I cannot find a name. Proablt DL or LB as they run together.

zI have 88 same as TFloss32 came up with no big deal due to cov. it a crazzy yearfor recruiting.

I am still stuck on 25 as I cannot see a way to go beyon that. Hope you all are right as Horns desperate need OL and DBS.

ETH, I did have Daniel Young on there.  There is 88 if you count Cole Lourd and Burt Auburn, but as I stated, I could not find anything saying they were 100% on scholarship.  Also, I don't think those will stay for 2022 so that is why i rounded down to 86...just my opinion.

This is all moot anyway since Sark and staff know what they have and what # they need.