Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

50 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

What's ridiculous about it?  Stewart's a highly recruited athlete and will get the pick of his colleges.  We have no idea why he won't play just that he isn't.  He realizes he could get hurt and why chance losing NIL because of some HS game.  Or maybe he has the flu.  Regardless, it won't hurt his chances of getting that coveted scholarship at the next level.

There was no NIL when you were in HS so it's a different situation these days.

FYI, players do skip games because of the NFL.

It has nothing to do with fear, it's all about the benjamins.

Do you listen to yourself? 

How would you even know about the Benjamins without first seeing the fear? Sitting out is done out of fear of getting hurt. Remember when you were a kid and didn't want to participate in some things because you were afraid you'd get hurt? Well, this isn't a kid and he's employing the same juvenile fear.

When Stewart is in college, he'll have his pick in the pros. You set a precedent, it gets followed. And the result is rather chicken shit.

What do you think his team mates think? Prima Dona. When will he duck out next? Will he forego the playoffs because they hit hard in those games? Do we just buy him some tampons?

His career in the future is dependent on his high school game. Otherwise, it's just a rather silly "take my word for it."

In 1977, Arkansas faced UT and Earl Campbell. Arkansas players knew that they were going to get beat up badly just trying to tackle Earl. And they did.

Maybe their defense should have sat out the game because of the injury risk to their careers?

lol. This just gets more stupid every minute I think about it.

13 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

what exactly is the status of the Blue situation?....and what do you mean by your comment?

I had heard that Blue was back with his team.....was I mistaken?

Blue is not playing this year. He is training and working hard in school. He wants to enroll at Texas in January. Level 1

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

How would you even know about the Benjamins without first seeing the fear? Sitting out is done out of fear of getting hurt. Remember when you were a kid and didn't want to participate in some things because you were afraid you'd get hurt? Well, this isn't a kid and he's employing the same juvenile fear.

When Stewart is in college, he'll have his pick in the pros. You set a precedent, it gets followed. And the result is rather chicken shit.

What do you think his team mates think? Prima Dona. When will he duck out next? Will he forego the playoffs because they hit hard in those games? Do we just buy him some tampons?

His career in the future is dependent on his high school game. Otherwise, it's just a rather silly "take my word for it."

You're still confused...expected.

Stewart and others have made a calculation and money wins.  They don't fear getting hit.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have played in the first place.

When Stewart and others get to college they will start at square zero and have to create the resume they built in HS.  Once that resume is built, they will again have the same decision to make when eligible for the draft.

Some teammates will support him and others won't.  Only one person matters and that's the person making the decision.

There is no "take my word for it".  They've already proven at the HS level and the colleges have seen that and they want them on their team.

Will colleges start pulling offers because the HS athletes are skipping games, skipping senior seasons (Ewers)?

4 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

You're still confused...expected.

Stewart and others have made a calculation and money wins.  They don't fear getting hit.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have played in the first place.

When Stewart and others get to college they will start at square zero and have to create the resume they built in HS.  Once that resume is built, they will again have the same decision to make when eligible for the draft.

Some teammates will support him and others won't.  Only one person matters and that's the person making the decision.

There is no "take my word for it".  They've already proven at the HS level and the colleges have seen that and they want them on their team.

Will colleges start pulling offers because the HS athletes are skipping games, skipping senior seasons (Ewers)?

FYI - Ewers is on scholarship at Ohio State right now.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Stewart is going to get his money next year from NIL whether he plays high school football this year or not.  His team mates probably don't like it but they are not in the same position he is.  His potential NFL career has nothing to do with his senior year in high school.  There are 1st round picks each year that didn't play well their senior year in high school for one reason or the other. 

The fear you are referencing isn't the fear of getting hurt physically.  It's the fear of ending your career before it starts for a high school game that means nothing to you but may give some glory to some parents in the stands and kids in the school.  They (parents and kids) would be happy for your to risk it all so they can bask in the reflected glory of a great high school season.    

He doesn't owe that to them.  You may owe something to your God, to your family, or to your country and if your in the military you owe something to your comrades in arms... but you don't owe anything to your high school football team.   

I love to watch Texas football but in the end football is only a game to me.  To some of the players it will be the way the put food on their table.     

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In 1977, Arkansas faced UT and Earl Campbell. Arkansas players knew that they were going to get beat up badly just trying to tackle Earl. And they did.

Maybe their defense should have sat out the game because of the injury risk to their careers?

lol. This just gets more stupid every minute I think about it.

I like what Frank Broyles once said. He said “You better bring alot of defensive backs when you play Earl Campbell because you are going to need ‘em”.   😂😂 Frank was right. 

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

The fear you are referencing isn't the fear of getting hurt physically.  It's the fear of ending your career before it starts for a high school game that means nothing to you but may give some glory to some parents in the stands and kids in the school.  They (parents and kids) would be happy for your to risk it all so they can bask in the reflected glory of a great high school season.    

He doesn't owe that to them.  You may owe something to your God, to your family, or to your country and if your in the military you owe something to your comrades in arms... but you don't owe anything to your high school football team.   

I love to watch Texas football but in the end football is only a game to me.  To some of the players it will be the way the put food on their table.     

Yes, it is fear of being hurt physically. We can know this is true because as you just said, the fear of ending a career, which is nothing more than fear of injury (which would end that career).

If the game means nothing to him, why play him at all?

You're advocating a young person make decisions based on fear and that high school football is meaningless. 

If you're not invested in what you're doing, just take a seat because others are.

Tell me, how often is an athlete targeted by another team and end up being injured so bad it cost him his career? I'll wait while you have to look that up.

I am a small bueiness owner which employs teams of people to do project. When one guy sits out, no matter how good he is, the others get resentful about it. It creates a negative atmosphere and leads to others also to sit out. It's a cancer I sometimes have to deal with.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

He owes a lot to his team. Who blocked so his QB had time to through him the ball.

Football is a Team sport. One player cannot do it alone

Then now its all me no us.

Hope a OL or DB commits soon.

He owes a lot to his team for what he and the team already accomplished but doesn't owe them anymore than that.  The decision to continue his senior season is his alone.