Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

31 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per 247, OL Earnest Greene III of Bellflower, CA has set his Texas official visit for October 16th.

https://247sports.com/player/earnest-greene-46080544/

That Okst game is shaping up to be a huge one for recruiting.  Heard Larry Turner-Gooden will be there and I would not be surprised to see Murphy come in.  Also read that Arch Manning and his family may be in for that game.  Get Devon Campbell, Kam Dewberry, Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson in and it's a block party baby.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

That Okst game is shaping up to be a huge one for recruiting.  Heard Larry Turner-Gooden will be there and I would not be surprised to see Murphy come in.  Also read that Arch Manning and his family may be in for that game.  Get Devon Campbell, Kam Dewberry, Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson in and it's a block party baby.

My question is, what do we do if they all want to come?

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We have a select number of spaces available and probably twice as many recruits we're pursuing. Something has to give.

I thought that's what you were referring to. I kind of think that, if a player is good enough, this staff will find ways to make room if they need to.  

30 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Rumors out there that this may be another Blue situation.

what exactly is the status of the Blue situation?....and what do you mean by your comment?

I had heard that Blue was back with his team.....was I mistaken?

5 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

what exactly is the status of the Blue situation?....and what do you mean by your comment?

I had heard that Blue was back with his team.....was I mistaken?

Didn't some one on this thread mention the the captains voted him out?

3 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

Sorry TFloss I didn’t see your earlier post. I think we’re going to see more and more of this. 

With money on the line, I wouldn't doubt it.  Some HS players are getting threats of "breaking legs", so I don't blame them for foregoing games.

29 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

With money on the line, I wouldn't doubt it.  Some HS players are getting threats of "breaking legs", so I don't blame them for foregoing games.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard. We're okay with an athlete who avoids adversity? Whats he going to be scared away by next? Why reward the mob?

Going into a rivalry game with Mt Pleasant some 40 years ago, I was told the week of the game that I was being targeted by the opposing team's DC. I was the QB.

I could have skipped the game and saved myself some trouble, but that's running away from trouble and robbing one's self the opportunity to overcome in a difficult situation.

If he comes to UT, what's next? Skipping the OU game because they hit hard and he has an NFL career to think of? Where does it end?

You cannot be ruled by fear.

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard. We're okay with an athlete who avoids adversity? Whats he going to be scared away by next? Why reward the mob?

Going into a rivalry game with Mt Pleasant some 40 years ago, I was told the week of the game that I was being targeted by the opposing team's DC. I was the QB.

I could have skipped the game and saved myself some trouble, but that's running away from trouble and robbing one's self the opportunity to overcome in a difficult situation.

If he comes to UT, what's next? Skipping the OU game because they hit hard and he has an NFL career to think of? Where does it end?

Sadly, those were different times. I was never good enough to think about playing anywhere but a small class A school in NEOK but I would not have missed the Friday nights spent with my teammates for anything. Still some of the most memorable times of my life. Although, that may not be a ringing endorsement for my life.lol

38 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What's ridiculous about it?  Stewart's a highly recruited athlete and will get the pick of his colleges.  We have no idea why he won't play just that he isn't.  He realizes he could get hurt and why chance losing NIL because of some HS game.  Or maybe he has the flu.  Regardless, it won't hurt his chances of getting that coveted scholarship at the next level.

There was no NIL when you were in HS so it's a different situation these days.

FYI, players do skip games because of the NFL.

It has nothing to do with fear, it's all about the benjamins.