Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tell us more. Are you talking about the HIL or whatever thing?

I’m talking about judging the staff because they don’t have a product to sell yet. I’m sure recruits like Sark, Flood, Banks, and PK’s pitch. But they’ve seen over years guys at Texas fall short and crash and burn. Recruits are smart today.Their product launches on September 4th against the ULL. 

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Hasn't been happening under Jimbo. 

Sure it has. There are things Jimbo can't overcome. They still talk about aggy's contribution to the Afghan war where the Corps took over the animal husbandry department and held the Afghan Hounds hostage for 72 hours.

You seem to be particularly envious of the children of the sheep these days. What gives?

Edited by Sirhornsalot

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sure it has. There are things Jimbo can't overcome. They still talk about aggy's contribution to the Afghan war where the Corps took over the animal husbandry department and held the Afghan Hounds hostage for 72 hours.

You seem to be particularly envious of the children of the sheep these days. What gives?

I used to like your posts and contributions but lately you’ve been a dick to everyone. Just my observation.  

aggys haven’t had the issues we have and have had more stability and right now they simply are out recruiting us.  That’s a fact.  Hopefully I hat changes with success this fall. 

2 hours ago, burkesd23 said:

I used to like your posts and contributions but lately you’ve been a dick to everyone. Just my observation.  

aggys haven’t had the issues we have and have had more stability and right now they simply are out recruiting us.  That’s a fact.  Hopefully I hat changes with success this fall. 

Sir & MB have been sparring for a long time on this board, in fact we have video of them fighting (see below)

George Costanza Fighting GIF

9 hours ago, burkesd23 said:

Mike and I have been sparring since well before you arrived. Its nothing new and its goes both ways. Outside of that, can you name an instance where I've been a dick?

I don't think anyone is outrecruiting us. And I don't think aggy is out recruiting anyone else. There's nothing that they're doing that we're not and at times, much better.

OU is more of a pain in our side that aggy is or has been. As a former recruit myself, I can tell you there is more to see than just Jimbo. I went to an aggy weekend once, my first time to ever see that place. In my first 10 minutes on campus, I wanted to leave. I was greeted by ice cream men and saw a campus that looked like a prison facility.

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

24/7 trending players had D. Harris at 50-50 Ala. and Texas now 67-33 Ala.

Good news is they still have Campbell at 100% Texas. For Texas needs I wpould take Campbell first any day.

We start winning and may e can flip Harris,Guilbeau,& Banks for starters.

43 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Derrick Brown from Texarkana is recruiting his butt off. This is just one I have posted but I have seen numerous ones of him tweeting at recruits that have Texas in their final selection. He loves being a Longhorn commit. 🤘🤘🐂🐂

I said a long time ago, Thompson is a must-have in this class. Glad to hear Brown is on the case! lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I said a long time ago, Thompson is a must-have in this class. Glad to hear Brown is on the case! lol

Absolutely agree.  I would be happy with a WR class of just Thompson and Winfield.  Don't mistake that last sentence for not wanting Evan S. In this class.  Sark has said he likes a WR room of about 10.  As things stand now, Texas has 12 scholarship WRs by my count with one (Estell) being a Sr.  I don't see anyone declaring early unless Moore has All-American year.  I could see Alvonte Woodard and possibly Marcus Washington transfer out though.  Here is the projected WR for 2022 (Thompson and Winfield added)

WR JOSHUA MOORE SR
WR AL'VONTE WOODARD SR (poss trans candidate)
WR MARCUS WASHINGTON SR (poss trans candidate
WR KAI MONEY SR
WR JORDAN WHITTINGTON JR
WR KELVONTAY DIXON R-SO
WR TROY OMEIRE R-SO
WR DAJON HARRISON R-SO
WR XAVIER WORTHY SO
WR JADEN ALEXIS R-FR
WR CASEY CAIN R-FR
WR ARMANI WINFIELD FR
WR BRENNAN THOMPSON FR

That is 13.  If Woodard and Washington transfer then that is 11.  I could see them take 1 more (besides Thompson), but only if it's the right guy like Stewart.

I will say this . . . Texas may lay out an announcement around or after the OU game. It may or may not be in conjunction with OU but Texas will announce we are paying the exit fees to the Big 12 to join the SEC in 2022.

Can't speak for OU but everyone seems to think they will pay too.

I've seen this spoken of at TFB and my buddy down in Austin has said as much as well.

If this happens, there will be 1-3 recruits who will commit or flip to us. At least one of them is a 5-star.

22 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I will say this . . . Texas may lay out an announcement around or after the OU game. It may or may not be in conjunction with OU but Texas will announce we are paying the exit fees to the Big 12 to join the SEC in 2022.

Can't speak for OU but everyone seems to think they will pay too.

I've seen this spoken of at TFB and my buddy down in Austin has said as much as well.

If this happens, there will be 1-3 recruits who will commit or flip to us. At least one of them is a 5-star.

Yep. I've heard the same thing here in NW Arkansas from those in the know. 

2 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Are we a player?  Does he de committing affect any of our targets that ou may go after now ?

I don't think we are a player here. I think he's going to stay home at Mizzou.