Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

I fully understand the SC ruling, but this NIL guaranteed contract is being used as a payment to assure Ewers signs with them.  How can he even collect in his name and likeness as a Buckeye if he’s not legally a buckeye yet.  You are right, the genie won’t go back in the bottle.  Let the buying of recruits begin…. Oh wait, it already started, Texas just hasn’t figured it out yet

He is a Buckeye. He graduated from high school a year early and is enrolled at Ohio State and participating in training. 

59 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I thought he had opted out of playing his senior year. Did he change his mind?

May be a good thing that he's learning that the world doesn't revolve around him and that his choices have consequences. Might help him be better prepared when he gets to UT.

16 minutes ago, UTfish said:

May be a good thing that he's learning that the world doesn't revolve around him and that his choices have consequences. Might help him be better prepared when he gets to UT.

Unless the Texas and the UIL change the rule on high schools and NIL, kids graduating early and skipping their senior years is going to become commonplace as it is for inconsequential bowl games. If you are a 5 star you are not going to want to hurt your earning potential in college. 

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I found it interesting that Ewers turned 18 back in March. He would have been 19 well before he would have got a diploma.

Back in my day, it was common for parents to hold back their sons a year so they would be bigger/older when they played. I wasn't but a lot of guys I went to school were.

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Back in my day, it was common for parents to hold back their sons a year so they would be bigger/older when they played. I wasn't but a lot of guys I went to school were.

And there was Billy Sims. Old enough to vote and still in high school!k

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I found it interesting that Ewers turned 18 back in March. He would have been 19 well before he would have got a diploma.

This is because SLC has a habit of holding kids back in their elementary years in hopes of them being further physically developed by the time they reach high school athletics...

7 hours ago, Wayne said:

He is a Buckeye. He graduated from high school a year early and is enrolled at Ohio State and participating in training. 

I don’t believe that was the plan all along.  I thought he would finish at December and enroll then.  Then the NIL came along

1 minute ago, Drb522 said:

I don’t believe that was the plan all along.  I thought he would finish at December and enroll then.  Then the NIL came along

That was the plan I’m sure. But if all the sudden you could make 500k or so and you run it by the UIL and they say you can’t take and play high school football, what would you do?  I would advise my son to go to college and get the money 4 months early.  That’s probably what happened. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

This is just getting crazier by the day. Texas has offered a safety and cornerback today that are so far down on the rankings that you can't hardly find them ☹️

Good indication of where Anderson is headed.

31 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

This is just getting crazier by the day. Texas has offered a safety and cornerback today that are so far down on the rankings that you can't hardly find them ☹️

And somehow aggy appears to have something figured out. 

10 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Supposedly Fong is good buddies with aggy defensive coordinator. I can’t remember the rat bastard’s name.

Full disclosure, the recruiting drama is really getting under my skin. The only joy I get from the board at the moment  is a good ole Rat Bast from bear and the occasional Kate sightings from sha. 
Keep up the good work men. 

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

Full disclosure, the recruiting drama is really getting under my skin. The only joy I get from the board at the moment  is a good ole Rat Bast from bear and the occasional Kate sightings from sha. 

Can't wait for the season to get here. Just win baby.

16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

A lot of kids get held back a year in our area, most are athletes.  Common practice in the Southlake/Colleyville area.  My son has two in his grade level, one is a son of a former TCU OL, he held all three of his boys back for Kinder.

11 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

There was quite a bit of hyper-ventilating about recruiting after Herman was hired, and after Strong was hired. Right now it feels worse because of the Herman recruiting collapse, but this is still a transitional class for Sark. 

I don't really remember Mack's first class, but seem to remember it was better than Mackovic... but not great. Either way Mack's biggest job in recruiting was convincing Ricky to stay. That turned out pretty well. 

Mark my words on 8/5/21. This is going to be a downgrade to college football. 
I guarantee you there are coaches that can take MAJOR advantage of this. College players are going to be more worried about what they sold this week instead of the opponent coming up. I’m sure you won’t be able to know who the “purchasers” are of these items. I guess you have to do it or you’ll be left behind, because I GUARANTEE YOU THERE IS A COLLEGE AND COACH RIGHT UP THE ROAD (THAT HASN’T WON A NATTY SINCE 1939) THAT WILL BE TAKING THE UPMOST ADVANTAGE OF THIS. They (he) has been on probation enough times without making it this easy so this is like Christmas in August to him (them). 
I may be naive but I think Texas has mostly followed the rules. I’m sure they’ve done some stuff probably all have but not as blatant as some of these other schools.The highest payers are going to win in this system. Hire Art Briles at Kansas and in 3 years he’d be in the playoffs. 
So now we have paying players and free agency in college football. That IMO is when the NFL started declining and then the wokeness took it farther down. 
Look I have heard every possible side of this. I don’t want to arguing about it but I just have MAJOR concerns.