Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

37 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Yea, the players committing to Texas lately are not exactly the ones you need in order to win conference championships, much less a national championship. 

Are they the ones that will win you a conference championship? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. But they are needed. Especially within this new college landscape. With the new transfer rules and the portal, unless you’re Alabama or Clemson, you cannot sign a class full of 4-5 stars each year and expect to keep them all. The way Alabama continues to dominate is by having plug & play guys after losing their players to the draft. Most of those guys where 4 or 5 star guys so it helps. So if you’re Texas, you cannot replicate that right now. But what you can do is get 3 star guys you’ve evaluated and see potential in. Give them 2-3 years of development in your program. Then supplement that with some 4 star guys with the hype around them. If those 4 star guys do well and leave early. You don’t have to worry about who plugs in. You’ve developed that 3 star who is now ready to contribute in a meaningful way. This is a strategy that would be beneficial, especially along the LOS. Also with the portal, Texas could supplement these 3 star players with former 4-5 star guys wanting to leave their program for playing time.

The bottom line is we are program that hasn’t lived up to expectations recently. Yet so many fans expect that a new staff will come in selling hope again & players will just fall in line to play for them because of that. We have to show some type of results on the field before you see a bunch of 4-5 star guys jumping on board. 

1 minute ago, TexCoyote said:

Kid sounds like a great kid. Well to the 40 🤘🤘🐂🐂

I know he is a 3* rated player and not all 3* players will pan out; however, this kid has something.  He is big, has good speed and is very intelligent.  Intelligence on the field can make up quite a lot of difference on the field.  He has only played organized football for 3 years now (basically since HS).  I know you might say i'm wearing orange colored glasses when i say this, but I would bet money that this kid ends up blowing up this year and becomes a mid 4* prospect. As a former coach, I loved high IQ players on the field/court.

24 minutes ago, texbound said:

I know he is a 3* rated player and not all 3* players will pan out; however, this kid has something.  He is big, has good speed and is very intelligent.  Intelligence on the field can make up quite a lot of difference on the field.  He has only played organized football for 3 years now (basically since HS).  I know you might say i'm wearing orange colored glasses when i say this, but I would bet money that this kid ends up blowing up this year and becomes a mid 4* prospect. As a former coach, I loved high IQ players on the field/court.

Yes I agree. I really trust coach PK and his defensive staff to make good evaluations. They had the kid on campus and worked him out so they were able to get a great look at him. We need some bangers at the LB spot. 

25 minutes ago, texbound said:

Another plus...Mater Dei pipeline could be opening up again despite the Bru fiasco. 

36 minutes ago, texbound said:

It ain’t the glasses. 6’3 225 OLB and he looks young. He’s a 3 star who has played maybe 2 full seasons. He will be a steal, if he sticks. 

Question, I know some have already said Bryce Anderson is gone and is all Aggy.  However, is there any glimmer of hope for Texas in this one?  Have there been any new thoughts or developments?  I know he was Fong'ed to Aggy, but Fong has been off this year or changes his prediction just moments before a kid chooses which maintains his accuracy level (they should really put a lock on CBs).  Also, he seems to be very, very Pro-Aggy (don't know the backstory there), so I haven't really paid too much attention to his predictions this year. 

Anyway, back to Bryce. I know he stated he and Gilbeau are a packaged deal, is Aggy gonna take Jaylon as well?

16 hours ago, Wayne said:

The NCAA can’t overrule the US Supreme Court saying that the NCAA can’t limit the kids income. They can’t overrule state governments passing laws saying they can’t limit the kids income. And second a kid graduates from school and goes to college a year early is not a crime. He doesn’t owe the high school his presence in school so 3000-4000 other kids and their parents can bask in his glory.  If your kid is a brainiac computer science undergrad and gets Amazon or Google to pay him 200k when he’s a sophomore in college would you tell him to spend 50 to 60k a year for the next two years?  Or would you advise him to take the money?   No one ever says a kid owes his intellectual talent to a high school but it seems like some people think the kids owe the schools their talent. They don’t. 

If you had a job offer of $1M a year would you want a bunch of middle aged men trying a way to figure out how to outlaw the job so you couldn’t take it?

What the NCAA has been doing for years is illegal. The Supreme Court just ruled it illegal. The college football and college basketball world has changed.  The genie won’t go back in the bottle. 

I fully understand the SC ruling, but this NIL guaranteed contract is being used as a payment to assure Ewers signs with them.  How can he even collect in his name and likeness as a Buckeye if he’s not legally a buckeye yet.  You are right, the genie won’t go back in the bottle.  Let the buying of recruits begin…. Oh wait, it already started, Texas just hasn’t figured it out yet

17 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Overlooked them. so 4 still sucks.....

We've had more three-stars in past years and if we get one more – we'll have as many as OU. We have two more 4-stars than OU has. The #1 class in the land right now, Penn State, has TWICE as many 3-stars as we do. Notre Dame and LSU both have 1 more than we do.

There are plenty of things to worry about, but this isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Question, I know some have already said Bryce Anderson is gone and is all Aggy.  However, is there any glimmer of hope for Texas in this one?  Have there been any new thoughts or developments?  I know he was Fong'ed to Aggy, but Fong has been off this year or changes his prediction just moments before a kid chooses which maintains his accuracy level (they should really put a lock on CBs).  Also, he seems to be very, very Pro-Aggy (don't know the backstory there), so I haven't really paid too much attention to his predictions this year. 

Anyway, back to Bryce. I know he stated he and Gilbeau are a packaged deal, is Aggy gonna take Jaylon as well?

He'll commit to Aggy. Whether he stays in their class is another thing.

I think his heart is with UT, but aggy has done a fabulous job recruiting him, even selling him on their defensive front 7.

Win and we're back in it. Coupled with some aggy bad luck and it happens sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

He has been looking for a reason to not come to Texas for months.

Jimbo taking Sark's cornbread right now

It works both ways, nothing to get excited about. Jimbo really wanted Bryan Allen, for instance. Pretty sure cornbread wasn't involved.