Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

34 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

If there’s no $1M contract waiting on Ewers at Ohio state, he’s a SLC qb this fall.  There needs to be so rules pertaining to this.  Just passing a NIL rule with little to no regulation was a dumb move by the NCAA, but what do you expect from the firm that would turn a blind eye to paying players to start with.  

in my opinion, the NIL should only be available to players that have been on campus at least a year.  This does a couple things.  It will show the true value of nIL of college players.  It will keep players in high school longer and working to get better.  It’ll stop what I see coming…..a guaranteed NIL contract payable after signing a LOI.  The NIL is just a way to buy recruits, plain and simple.  If this is the way it’s going to be, Texas needs to get off their ass and start writing those contracts…

Highest bidder wins.  Will have to be the highest bidder for the same player after he plays one year or off to the transfer portal he goes.  

This crap is destroying college football as we know it. 

10 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

Highest bidder wins.  Will have to be the highest bidder for the same player after he plays one year or off to the transfer portal he goes.  

This crap is destroying college football as we know it. 

Make it a contract for multiple years, if they transfer the forfeit the money

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I kept waiting for Texas to go harder after him since he was offered by Herman's staff, but nothing ever materialized there with the coaching transition.

• Administrators

Update on S Bryce Anderson of Beaumont West Brook from IT.

Basically they've had Texas as lock, to slight leader and now it's become a coin-flip.

The one silver lining right now is Anderson being vocal about he and CB Jaylon Guilbeau being a package deal, and UT makes the most sense if that were to happen.

Guilbeau isn't seen as a priority for A&M, and Anderson isn't interested in TCU.

Anderson supposedly hasn't made a final decision.

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-anderson-46058493/

11 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Update on S Bryce Anderson of Beaumont West Brook from IT.

Basically they've had Texas as lock, to slight leader and now it's become a coin-flip.

The one silver lining right now is Anderson being vocal about he and CB Jaylon Guilbeau being a package deal, and UT makes the most sense if that were to happen.

Guilbeau isn't seen as a priority for A&M, and Anderson isn't interested in TCU.

Anderson supposedly hasn't made a final decision.

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-anderson-46058493/

Hamilton at IT just said aggy leads right now. 

The on3 top 30 in state:

1. Quinn Ewers
2. Evan Stewart
3. Harold Perkins
4. Denver Harris
5. Terrance Brooks
6. Devon Campbell
7. Bryce Anderson
8. Brenen Thompson
9. Kelvin Banks
10. Jordan Hudson
11. Omari Abor
12. Bear Alexander
13. Cade Klubnik
14. PJ Williams
15. Earnest Cooper
16. Conner Weigman
17. Kris Ross
18. Neto Umeouzulu
19. Chris Marshall
20. Kam Dewberry
21. Jaray Bledsoe
22. Matthew Golden
23. Caleb Burton
24. Nick Anderson
25. Jamarion Miller
26. Malick Sylla
27. BJ Allen
28. Hunter Erb
29. Jaydon Blue
30. DJ Allen

Texas has 4 right now..... just brutal

September 4th is product launch day. If I can remember correctly Texas only has two players make first team all preseason Big 12. These coaches don’t have a product to sell yet. I’m sure these recruits like Sark’s pitch but over the years they’ve seen coaches at Texas crash and burn. Recruits are smart today. On field production is the only way to fix it. Just my thoughts. 

22 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The on3 top 30 in state:

1. Quinn Ewers
2. Evan Stewart
3. Harold Perkins
4. Denver Harris
5. Terrance Brooks
6. Devon Campbell
7. Bryce Anderson
8. Brenen Thompson
9. Kelvin Banks
10. Jordan Hudson
11. Omari Abor
12. Bear Alexander
13. Cade Klubnik
14. PJ Williams
15. Earnest Cooper
16. Conner Weigman
17. Kris Ross
18. Neto Umeouzulu
19. Chris Marshall
20. Kam Dewberry
21. Jaray Bledsoe
22. Matthew Golden
23. Caleb Burton
24. Nick Anderson
25. Jamarion Miller
26. Malick Sylla
27. BJ Allen
28. Hunter Erb
29. Jaydon Blue
30. DJ Allen

Texas has two right now..... just brutal

Are BJ Allen & Jamarion Miller no longer commits??

Just now, MBHORNSFAN said:

Overlooked them. so 4 still sucks.....

Yeah it still sucks but it’s still early. Sark cannot help that winning was so hard for the last guy. It’s easy for other teams to point out that Herman was suppose to be the guy that brought Texas back and didn’t. And say Sark will be the same. The move to the SEC will give some buzz. The renovated stadium will give some buzz. If they get NIL going that will give some buzz. But winning some games is still key. Beat Louisiana & Arkansas and you can sell some things. They aren’t out if it with Stewart or Harris. They are in a good spot for Campbell. They can get back in it with Banks. And maybe Dewberry. I think there a players who like the idea of playing for Texas but they aren’t gonna buy the Sark is the guy line. They want to see it on the field. And if that happens. You will see some guys jump on board from that list. 

2 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Yeah it still sucks but it’s still early. Sark cannot help that winning was so hard for the last guy. It’s easy for other teams to point out that Herman was suppose to be the guy that brought Texas back and didn’t. And say Sark will be the same. The move to the SEC will give some buzz. The renovated stadium will give some buzz. If they get NIL going that will give some buzz. But winning some games is still key. Beat Louisiana & Arkansas and you can sell some things. They aren’t out if it with Stewart or Harris. They are in a good spot for Campbell. They can get back in it with Banks. And maybe Dewberry. I think there a players who like the idea of playing for Texas but they aren’t gonna buy the Sark is the guy line. They want to see it on the field. And if that happens. You will see some guys jump on board from that list. 

Harris is a Bama lean right now.... Banks is gone.... I heard the same thing about a ton of recruits just like Campbell. No sugar coating it... This staff is getting there ass kicked right now... We have some serious dead weight on the staff. I suspect we will be turning over the staff again in the off season. I see at least 3 gone.

4 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Harris is a Bama lean right now.... Banks is gone.... I heard the same thing about a ton of recruits just like Campbell. No sugar coating it... This staff is getting there ass kicked right now... We have some serious dead weight on the staff. I suspect we will be turning over the staff again in the off season. I see at least 3 gone.

Are the staff getting their ass kicked because they cannot recruit or is it them having to deal with the issues of the last staff? Are they now in a spot where they don’t get the new coach bump because Herman used up that collateral? Can’t really judge the staff’s recruiting based on an off-season in the first year. Face it. aggy had a good season last season so they can sell that & negative recruit us. ou can sell winning and CFB appearances. What can we sell right now besides hope & a future in the SEC at some point?? These players had that hope sold to them by the last staff and then saw how shitty Herman was. They aren’t gonna just buy the same hope from a new guy without seeing some results. And what three are you gonna get rid of? Outside of maybe Coleman? Drayton who gets recruits & develops? Flood who has shown to be a great developer of OL & has worked with Sark since the Falcons. That’s not happening? Banks who is a rainmaker in recruiting. Nope. PK? Doubtful. Gideon & Joseph who recruits are naming as guys they love. I guess maybe Coate but that’s a guy with head coaching experience who seems to connect with kids. Bo Davis? Good recruiter and good developer. It’s a good staff. It’s still early. And it’s a dumb move for Sark to change staff after one season. That would look like instability. It’s easy to doom & gloom right because we’ve been programmed for it this past seasons. But again, if they win, these guys will look like ace recruiters. Because winning does that when you’re a school like Texas. I will save my freak out on recruiting for October or so if it’s still looking like these. Fall practices don’t start to Friday. 

8 hours ago, Drb522 said:

If there’s no $1M contract waiting on Ewers at Ohio state, he’s a SLC qb this fall.  There needs to be so rules pertaining to this.  Just passing a NIL rule with little to no regulation was a dumb move by the NCAA, but what do you expect from the firm that would turn a blind eye to paying players to start with.  

in my opinion, the NIL should only be available to players that have been on campus at least a year.  This does a couple things.  It will show the true value of nIL of college players.  It will keep players in high school longer and working to get better.  It’ll stop what I see coming…..a guaranteed NIL contract payable after signing a LOI.  The NIL is just a way to buy recruits, plain and simple.  If this is the way it’s going to be, Texas needs to get off their ass and start writing those contracts…

The NCAA can’t overrule the US Supreme Court saying that the NCAA can’t limit the kids income. They can’t overrule state governments passing laws saying they can’t limit the kids income. And second a kid graduates from school and goes to college a year early is not a crime. He doesn’t owe the high school his presence in school so 3000-4000 other kids and their parents can bask in his glory.  If your kid is a brainiac computer science undergrad and gets Amazon or Google to pay him 200k when he’s a sophomore in college would you tell him to spend 50 to 60k a year for the next two years?  Or would you advise him to take the money?   No one ever says a kid owes his intellectual talent to a high school but it seems like some people think the kids owe the schools their talent. They don’t. 

If you had a job offer of $1M a year would you want a bunch of middle aged men trying a way to figure out how to outlaw the job so you couldn’t take it?

What the NCAA has been doing for years is illegal. The Supreme Court just ruled it illegal. The college football and college basketball world has changed.  The genie won’t go back in the bottle.