Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

19 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Still a bitter pill to swallow. Not good optics at all to have the #1 player in the county leaving the state. 

Is he still #1 since he’s now a 2021 kid?

I honestly question if he’s going to have success. At the very least he’s in for big time reality check.
It will be interesting to see how he handles being below the freshman in the pecking order. He will have a huge target on him from day 1. 

• Administrators
On 8/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, RB Jamarion Miller took a visit to Oklahoma yesterday.

He had told them recently he was done taking visits.

https://247sports.com/player/jamarion-miller-46058624/

IT followed up with Miller and he mentioned he's not looking to flip, and even cited OU's recruiting class already having two backs.

Take it for what it's worth considering he wasn't honest about visiting.

• Administrators

An update on Texas' status with the new NIL rule...IT saying Chris Plonsky is the head of the NIL committee, but they haven't heard anything yet to suggest she's holding things up or making matters more difficult than they have to be, but they still find it odd she's in charge.

They mentioned the much bigger concern is the lack of communication and coordination between the AD and boosters willing to give money to set UT athletes up with deals, plus CDC's laid-back nature so far due to him believing there will eventually be more specific legislation on the horizon.

Basically, it's a confusing mess to this point, and they feel the NIL rule would be a HUGE coup for Texas if they attacked it as aggressively as they do things like trademark infringement or seeking donations.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

An update on Texas' status with the new NIL rule...IT saying Chris Plonsky is the head of the NIL committee, but they haven't heard anything yet to suggest she's holding things up or making matters more difficult than they have to be, but they still find it odd she's in charge.

They mentioned the much bigger concern is the lack of communication and coordination between the AD and boosters willing to give money to set UT athletes up with deals, plus CDC's laid-back nature so far due to him believing there will eventually be more specific legislation on the horizon.

Basically, it's a confusing mess to this point, and they feel the NIL rule would be a HUGE coup for Texas if they attacked it as aggressively as they do things like trademark infringement or seeking donations.

Isn't that the truth!

2 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

Is he still #1 since he’s now a 2021 kid?

I honestly question if he’s going to have success. At the very least he’s in for big time reality check.
It will be interesting to see how he handles being below the freshman in the pecking order. He will have a huge target on him from day 1. 

Agree. And who's the next high school underclassman to be bought? A star linebacker, a running back? Where will it stop?

I guess I’m going to have to go read up on this NIL deal. I’ve read bits and pieces but I just see so many issues with it.  So they set a kid up with his name and likeness on T-shirts and the like and they get money off the sales. 
1. What’s to stop big boosters from buying thousands and thousands of dollars worth of these items and give them away or whatever? So that looks like giving money to kids to play like they used to sneak to them but now they’ve set up a way to just get them money. So now the highest bidder wins?  Texas has alot of rich alumni but will they give money for this after CDC is already hitting them up for facility renovations. Aggies have a lot of money and they’ve been caught a few times before so this might be going over better there. They won’t to be better than Texas so bad that they’ll get a lot of alumni to give for this. 
2. What is this going to do to high school ball? Big time players can skip their senior year and go make $100K a year or stay in high school and take a chance of getting worse. We seen a few but we’ll see more as this moves out. 

Maybe it won’t be that big of a change but I don’t like what I see so far. It makes it easier for cheaters and there are a lot of them out there. As always, We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

1. What’s to stop big boosters from buying thousands and thousands of dollars worth of these items and give them away or whatever? So that looks like giving money to kids to play like they used to sneak to them but now they’ve set up a way to just get them money. So now the highest bidder wins?  Texas has alot of rich alumni but will they give money for this after CDC is already hitting them up for facility renovations. Aggies have a lot of money and they’ve been caught a few times before so this might be going over better there. They won’t to be better than Texas so bad that they’ll get a lot of alumni to give for this. 

I think it's somewhere up in the air as to what will be allowed,  but as I understand it a booster doesn't need to make shirts to pay players,  instead they could pay them arbitrary amounts for appearances and or meet and greet events or any other reason they dream up.

Unless I am mistaken which is quite possible it's going to get really crazy. 

5 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I guess I’m going to have to go read up on this NIL deal. I’ve read bits and pieces but I just see so many issues with it.  So they set a kid up with his name and likeness on T-shirts and the like and they get money off the sales. 
2. What is this going to do to high school ball? Big time players can skip their senior year and go make $100K a year or stay in high school and take a chance of getting worse. We seen a few but we’ll see more as this moves out. 

Maybe it won’t be that big of a change but I don’t like what I see so far. It makes it easier for cheaters and there are a lot of them out there. As always, We’ll see. 

Kids already move around to schools to play with winners, i.e. Allen

My question is when does NIL hit high school.  Or some form of NIL...

36 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

Kids already move around to schools to play with winners, i.e. Allen

My question is when does NIL hit high school.  Or some form of NIL...

It already has...Ewers is just the first we've heard of. 

I said it with Blue and I say it again, this is a slippery slope. There is no way Texas High School Coaches Association can be for kids leaving and skipping their senior seasons. If I'm little Dodge at SLC, I would not want Ohio State ever on my campus again. Basically this just torpedoed SLC's season. This is an issue that the NCAA needs to address. 

9 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

I said it with Blue and I say it again, this is a slippery slope. There is no way Texas High School Coaches Association can be for kids leaving and skipping their senior seasons. If I'm little Dodge at SLC, I would not want Ohio State ever on my campus again. Basically this just torpedoed SLC's season. This is an issue that the NCAA needs to address. 

I understand high school coaches wanting kids to stay for the coaches sake. But just How would the NCAA and UIL and high school coaches address a kid graduating high school early and going to college?  

38 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I don’t know if the word is scary or odd or what but he’s interests list has a slough of teams not offering. 
Arizona St, Cal, Clemson, Florida St, Louisville, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oregon, San Jose St, USC, and Washington. 

Lets hope coach PK see something he likes and is evaluating this correctly. 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Someone close to Anderson told OrangeBloods he will be committing this week.

OrangeBloods followed up and they're not hearing good things for Texas right now.

Anderson is supposed to speak with both staffs at length before going public.

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

I don’t know if the word is scary or odd or what but he’s interests list has a slough of teams not offering. 
Arizona St, Cal, Clemson, Florida St, Louisville, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oregon, San Jose St, USC, and Washington. 

Lets hope coach PK see something he likes and is evaluating this correctly. 

Does make ya wonder,real head scratcher?

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

I understand high school coaches wanting kids to stay for the coaches sake. But just How would the NCAA and UIL and high school coaches address a kid graduating high school early and going to college?  

If there’s no $1M contract waiting on Ewers at Ohio state, he’s a SLC qb this fall.  There needs to be so rules pertaining to this.  Just passing a NIL rule with little to no regulation was a dumb move by the NCAA, but what do you expect from the firm that would turn a blind eye to paying players to start with.  

in my opinion, the NIL should only be available to players that have been on campus at least a year.  This does a couple things.  It will show the true value of nIL of college players.  It will keep players in high school longer and working to get better.  It’ll stop what I see coming…..a guaranteed NIL contract payable after signing a LOI.  The NIL is just a way to buy recruits, plain and simple.  If this is the way it’s going to be, Texas needs to get off their ass and start writing those contracts…