Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

It is unreal how we aren't using NIL to our advantage while aggy is tossing money bags around like candy.  If we don't wake up this will be a class in the 15-20 range on top of last year's transition class and we'll be fielding teams on the level of Tennessee and Ole Miss then acting in disbelief when aggy beats us on the field because they know what it takes to land the blue chippers while we sit around with our thumb up our ass.  Guys like Harris, Stewart, and Perkins want to come here, but are going to end up elsewhere because we can't get out of our own way.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Srewart said when Texas goes SEC he commit on the spot.Friday decision is comming.

He definitely said that, but don't count on it.

40 minutes ago, Slimer said:

It is unreal how we aren't using NIL to our advantage while aggy is tossing money bags around like candy.  If we don't wake up this will be a class in the 15-20 range on top of last year's transition class and we'll be fielding teams on the level of Tennessee and Ole Miss then acting in disbelief when aggy beats us on the field because they know what it takes to land the blue chippers while we sit around with our thumb up our ass.  Guys like Harris, Stewart, and Perkins want to come here, but are going to end up elsewhere because we can't get out of our own way.

Seems an awful lot like many of the other "monumental" things promised over the past decade. All the talk when Charlie came was the knock out staff, then the same thing when TH came, then the Huge announcements during the whole Urban thing (of which I am glad didn't happen). Just seems like there is always a big plan or announcement about how Texas is going to blow everyone away and it rarely comes. SEC news as the exception.

For those in the know, why is it that we always seem to be a step behind? 

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

He definitely said that, but don't count on it.

He needs to see that we'll be playing in the SEC by 2022 for this to possibly occur.  For now he's waiting and watching from what I've read by the mods on IT.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Patton cancelled his Texas visit...

HE GONE

Losing an East Texas kid to Michigan is embarrassing for this staff.  They are getting their teeth kicked in.

Yes, canceled trip and committing on Saturday, per IT.

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, this is exhibit A on why this is a wrong move.

Star QB or not, he's giving up part of his growing up for this. He's leaving classmates and team mates behind, before it's time. He won't walk the stage. There's no normalcy in this.

At some point down the road, some of this will show back up in a negative way.

He isn't going to walk anyway. He is an Early enrollee that will be in Columbus starting in January. This only moves that up 4 months.

There already is no normalcy in his life. For 2 years he has been a superstar who is bigger than Chase Daniel was there. He just isn't getting any of the monetary reward for it.

I also don't think he owes his teammates anything. Practices haven't even started. He already carried them to state and leaving now gives them a full camp to figure it out. He is also going to go help his team and future teammates sooner to get them to higher goals and be better positioned in future seasons.

Bottom Line: His life hasn't been normal for 2 years and won't ever be normal in Southlake or in Ohio. He's a star. If you're going to be a star you might as well at least get life changing money for it.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Patton cancelled his Texas visit...

HE GONE

Losing an East Texas kid to Michigan is embarrassing for this staff.  They are getting their teeth kicked in.

Maybe they were " great" recruiters because they were at bama ?

15 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Texas sucking for 11 years is big. Also we're running behind on NIL.... Win some games and look good on the filed and this will change.

Rinse, lather and repeat.  Story for the last 10 years.

Anyway, I'm usually never a person with any information and can offer nothing on this board except stimulating conversation.  With that said, I was told two weeks back, by a work colleague who was a Texas HS football coach and still has ties, that don't expect Patton to be in this class at this time.  We were talking about recruiting (way before the SEC news) and I mentioned Texas might get some things rolling with a Brown and Patton commit st the end of the month. He heard the staff wasn't prepared to accept his commitment this early and wanted to wait on him.  Take this for what it's worth. This is not news to me.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

Rinse, lather and repeat.  Story for the last 10 years.

Anyway, I'm usually never a person with any information and can offer nothing on this board except stimulating conversation.  With that said, I was told a two weeks back, by a work colleague who was a Texas HS football and still has ties, that don't expect Patton to be in this class at this time.  We were talking about recruiting (way before the SEC news) and I mentioned Texas might get some things rolling with a Brown and Patton commit st the end of the month. He heard the staff wasn't prepared to accept his commitment this early and wanted to wait on him.  Take this for what it's worth. This is not news to me.

Thats actually very similar to what I've heard.

Nevertheless, I had also heard that Patton was coming to the big pool shindig so I thought of how awkward that would be for Patton to attend and then commit to any school not named Texas.

There is something in the works at the LB position, or Texas learned something they didn't like and this had to occur recently, IMO.

IT has been saying forever that Patton was in Texas' pocket. So it's not like some of us were alone in that thought.

I like the implications even though I can't really see the result right now.

Our class is going to be fine. This board will be happy, happy, happy soon enough.

29 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Anyone heard from shotime?  This kid was only an hour away from her and she's usually on top of recruiting anywhere near her area. 

Its been a month of Sundays since we've seen her. I know she said she was having to take care of a relative who was sick. So that may be occupying her time.

• Administrators

Below is the most recent list (from all sites) of attendees for the recruiting event this weekend, and I've put the questionable guys in red.

RB, Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
WR, Armani Winfield, Lewisville
OL, Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
OL, Kam Dewberry, Humble Atascocita

OL, Cole Hutson, Frisco High
OL, Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
DT, Jaray Bledsoe, Marlin
DT, Kristopher Ross, Galena Park North Shore
DE, Omari Abor, Duncanville
DE, Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (Baton Rouge, LA)
DE/LB, Derrick Brown, Texarkana Texas High
DE/LB, Anthony Jones, Liberty (Henderson, NV)
LB, Eoghan Kerry, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
LB, Kvon Sherman, Pearland High
S, Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
S, Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
K, Will Stone, Regents School of Austin

QB, Nicholaus Iamaleava, Warren (Dorsey, CA)
RB, Rueben Owens, El Campo
WR, Johntay Cook II, DeSoto
WR, Ashton Cozart, Flower Mound Marcus
WR, Chris Palfreeman, Fort Worth All Saints
WR, Jaquaize Pettaway, Houston Langham Creek
TE, Jaden Platt, Haslet V.R. Eaton
DT/DE, Johnny Bowens, Converse Judson
DE, Ashton Porter, Cypress Ranch
LB, Anthony Hill Jr., Denton Ryan
CB, Vernon Glover Jr., Dickinson
S, Daniel Demery, Dallas Parish Episcopal
S, Ryan Yaites, Denton Guyer
ATH, Dalton Brooks, Shiner
ATH, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, Temple

WR, Jason Robinson Jr., Houston C.E. King
DE, Caleb Mitchell, DeSoto
CB, Jaden Allen, Aledo

• Administrators

Here's a snippet from IT this morning on CDC and the NIL rule.

Regarding NIL, Del Conte said he believes there will be federal intervention soon in the form of a narrow antitrust law. “You can have something in Oregon that’s different in Florida, that’s different in Maine, that’s different in Texas. That’s just not how we’re operating. Am I anticipating that [intervention]? Yes.”