Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Herman will never have a better chance to own the state than with this class.  Aggy is looking at about 5-5 this year.  If Herman can win the conference he'll win 90% of battles for recruits against a

Per 247, QB Quinn Ewers set up a workout this evening with WR Phaizon Wilson (Lancaster), WR Evan Stewart (Frisco Liberty) and WR Armani Winfield (Lewisville).

Posted Images

• Administrators

DT Bear Alexander of Denton Ryan tweeted yesterday he's close to making a decision.

247 is hearing that's likely the case because he's tiring of the process and has been recruited heavily since his freshman year.

He had an online meeting with the entire UT defensive staff recently, and it could benefit Texas that he transferred to Denton Ryan recently (from Dallas Skyline) which is a very Texas-friendly school.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bear-Alexander-46076651/

• Administrators

Hamilton and Nahlin from IT did a quick Top 25 of their own for this class and they have Texas as the team to beat for the following uncommitted guys:

RB, Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
WR, Caleb Burton, Del Valle
WR, Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
WR, Armani Winfield, Lewisville
OL, Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
CB, Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore
S, Chace Biddle, Garland High
S, Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Both Okie schools have offered. Looks like OU is loading up on OL.

Wonder how okie coaches find these hidden nuggats and Texas coaches cannot?

I, personally, think the UT approach is the correct one in not offering a scholarship until after they do an evaluation of a kid. It ensures you get kids that fit your standards and that a UT offer means something. However, I will say that it is hurting them in that kids feel slighted because XYZ school offered way before. That is just teams blanketing offers out to everyone to get on the ground floor before they actually know anything about a kid.  I think Texas is towards the bottom of the actual offers list. While I applaud UT for doing their homework, most kids these days need immediate feedback and Texas is taking an old school approach to it. While It is hurting them, I do believe the ones that pick UT end up being those gems out there (Cosmi, Kerstetter, hopefully C. Jones and Hookfin).

Very good post. Then maybe they put all thier eggs in the Brock. basker.

Also the laid back approach does nor apply to WRS as they blanketed the country with offers.

Show me a championship team and I will show you a great OL. World class backs cannot run without holes or creases.

9 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Very good post. Then maybe they put all thier eggs in the Brock. basker.

Also the laid back approach does nor apply to WRS as they blanketed the country with offers.

Show me a championship team and I will show you a great OL. World class backs cannot run without holes or creases.

Totally agree with you.  It worries me that the laid back, methodical approach is putting them behind others in regards to OL.  The OL does worry me.  I honestly think UT is getting everything and more out of the kids they get.  The problem is you can only get so much from players with lower overall talent.

3 hours ago, texbound said:

Totally agree with you.  It worries me that the laid back, methodical approach is putting them behind others in regards to OL.  The OL does worry me.  I honestly think UT is getting everything and more out of the kids they get.  The problem is you can only get so much from players with lower overall talent.

The methodical, laid back approach will be genius if Texas starts to make noise in the Big 12.

Perusing the offer and roster board I noticed two things.

Ship total is now 87 no suprise.

And OL Early of Duncanville has an offer. While OL Williams his teamate has none yet.

Several rating services has Williams rated higher. And at 6-6 330 he has the size.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

There is a lot of talk that he is playing with everyone.  2021 Commit Thomas, Carrington and Giles liked his top 5 and Thomas followed it up with a shhh emoji.

He also posted a video not to long saying something along the lines of pay close attention. It had is skills coach wearing a Texas shirt and him wearing Texas gloves. So unless something has changed, he probably just building suspense.