Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Sorry guys but I see too much resemblance to Tyrone Swoopes here.

Outside of them both being black, I don't agree.

Swoopes was a TE who wound up at QB because of the small school he went to. He was never a QB. Swoopes was a terrible passer and even worse runner.

Maalik has skills, he has a progression, he has the mind for QB. He also has a pretty outstanding arm and can run.

49 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Outside of them both being black, I don't agree.

Swoopes was a TE who wound up at QB because of the small school he went to. He was never a QB. Swoopes was a terrible passer and even worse runner.

Maalik has skills, he has a progression, he has the mind for QB. He also has a pretty outstanding arm and can run.

Both ranked a 5* out of HS with very little experience.  Both look lethargic moving around.  I guess if you want to say a guy can make progressions by watching 7on7, elite 11 competition, and limited game film,……

swoopes did well in all of that, and we knew he was extremely raw coming out of Hs.  This looks and sounds too familiar.  Swoopes even looked decent  in camps.  How many game films have you watched of this guy?  IMO Malik is a huge project that won’t push for the job until a minimum of his 3rd or 4th year.  If Ewers flips or Manning comes to Texas, he’ll never play

2 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

You could tell Swoopes had a lack of confidence coming out of HS?

No, but definitely at Texas. He just didn't have it between the ears to be a college QB. 

I do still have the 18 Wheeler t-shirt though.

MM is in top ten rating of QBS so the so called experts see something in his potential.

As for mustget players my no. one would beCampbell.Followed closely by Anderson who's commitment IMO would cementa DB staying who' is already commited.Then a couple more OL and DBS.

10 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

MM is in top ten rating of QBS so the so called experts see something in his potential.

As for mustget players my no. one would beCampbell.Followed closely by Anderson who's commitment IMO would cementa DB staying who' is already commited.Then a couple more OL and DBS.

We need one more LB, a couple more OL and as many DB's as we can sign.

44 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Both ranked a 5* out of HS with very little experience.  Both look lethargic moving around.  I guess if you want to say a guy can make progressions by watching 7on7, elite 11 competition, and limited game film,……

swoopes did well in all of that, and we knew he was extremely raw coming out of Hs.  This looks and sounds too familiar.  Swoopes even looked decent  in camps.  How many game films have you watched of this guy?  IMO Malik is a huge project that won’t push for the job until a minimum of his 3rd or 4th year.  If Ewers flips or Manning comes to Texas, he’ll never play

Agree with the vibe on MM. I'd rather have Klubnik