Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I am delaying my desicion. Transilation more time for better offer.

Next year Texas should be the big money man buy anyone they want. But will they. May be wrong but recruiting as we know it is going to change.

Big Red Moters the offical car driven by all --------------s

As for asrecruits I haveno idea who is going where.

F350s for all!

2017-ford-f250-super-duty-fx4.gif&f=1&no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 It's not looking good right now. Him and Anderson seem to be headed to aggy. 

Perkins, Denver………..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is impressive and bodes well for us.

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/elite-11-2021-day-three-rankings-grades-charting

 

Accuracy Gauntlet Rankings

1. Maalik Murphy (Texas commitment)

Average score: 2.097 

Total throws: 31 

Murphy attempted the second-least amount of throws on Friday, but was also the most deliberate and strategic in his attempts, finishing with the highest score of the day. Murphy’s poise was something of note throughout the event, but shined through to an even high degree during this event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No problem, here's why.

1. You don't make a late offer to your primary target. Not now. Not then. Not in the future.

2. There IS something else going on. Again, Williams was not the reason we turned away Sexton.

3. I'm just fine if you want to think a late-offer 3-star was our primary target. But I won't join you in that thought.

 

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

(continued)

4. Why would you tell Sexton c-ya if you're pinning everything on a 3-star from DV anyway? Would it not be just as easy to notify Sexton after the fact that he no longer has a comittable offer?

There is why Sexton-Cam were never connected.

Or is this staff truly amateur hour?

I would suggest to you that there are things that happen, situations that exist, that the 9.95ers know nothing about. It would be foolish to think they do.

 

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

@TFloss32

Okay, I just looked at the OTs we have offered. There are 15.

– Cam Williams is the lowest rated OT recruit we offered. He's at the bottom of the list. There are no other three-star OTs that we offered. And we offered late. IMO, he doesn't move well enough to stay at OT at the next level.

– Sexton is rated higher than Williams. Sexton is a 4-star.

– 5-star Banks is an OT offer. Perhaps the staff only intended to take 1 OT this cycle.

– If not, we're still high on the list for 4-star OT Josh Conerly. We don't hear much behind the scenes because he lives in Washington. 

 

I don't think I can hit on all of this without writing a novel, so I'll try to keep it somewhat short, but I think you're way under-selling Williams as a player and how bad the Texas staff wanted him.

Texas offering late was a mistake, but you seem to be attributing that to your own evaluation of him instead of considering factors like Duncanville being an incredibly hard program for Texas to recruit, especially with Ja'Quinden transferring out and claiming the previous staff under Herman didn't take care of him. 

Cristobal from Oregon, one of the best OL coaches in the country, prioritized Williams and went after him hard, and then Sark and Flood worked their asses off to get his last official visit before making a decision. Why do that if he's a just a warm body with weight issues?

Regarding your Sexton question, he wanted to make a quick decision after his official to Texas, but the staff couldn't take both him and Williams at RT which is why you saw the Sexton news trickle out on Monday after the staff thought they had Wiliams in the bag. If Texas decided to drop Sexton for an undisclosed reason as you claim, the timing is incredibly coincidental and also doesn't make any sense.

Texas will definitely need two tackles somehow after only taking two OL total in the 2021 class, one of which (Conner) is likely a guard. Conerly from Washington simply isn't realistic right now as they've been unable to get him on campus, nor I have even seen him genuinely speak on visiting Texas.

Bottom line for me, Williams was a priority over Sexton, Texas thought they had Williams and it ended up costing them Sexton too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

On OL Kelvin Banks of Humble Summer Creek...

IT posted earlier in the evening that they're still hearing Texas from their strongest source in that recruitment, but Banks hasn't informed any staff of his decision.

247 chimed in saying Banks spoke with the Texas staff today, things went well and there's still confidence on that side.

They also heard a reason for Banks moving up his decision was to help recruit for his future school.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

 

 

I don't think I can hit on all of this without writing a novel, so I'll try to keep it somewhat short, but I think you're way under-selling Williams as a player and how bad the Texas staff wanted him.

Texas offering late was a mistake, but you seem to be attributing that to your own evaluation of him instead of considering factors like Duncanville being an incredibly hard program for Texas to recruit, especially with Ja'Quinden transferring out and claiming the previous staff under Herman didn't take care of him. 

Cristobal from Oregon, one of the best OL coaches in the country, prioritized Williams and went after him hard, and then Sark and Flood worked their asses off to get his last official visit before making a decision. Why do that if he's a just a warm body with weight issues?

Regarding your Sexton question, he wanted to make a quick decision after his official to Texas, but the staff couldn't take both him and Williams at RT which is why you saw the Sexton news trickle out on Monday after the staff thought they had Wiliams in the bag. If Texas decided to drop Sexton for an undisclosed reason as you claim, the timing is incredibly coincidental and also doesn't make any sense.

Texas will definitely need two tackles somehow after only taking two OL total in the 2021 class, one of which (Conner) is likely a guard. Conerly from Washington simply isn't realistic right now as they've been unable to get him on campus, nor I have even seen him genuinely speak on visiting Texas.

Bottom line for me, Williams was a priority over Sexton, Texas thought they had Williams and it ended up costing them Sexton too.

If he's your primary target, as you say, . . then why is he the last of your 15 offers to OTs?

As for your last sentence, it appears your opinion of this staff's decisions are rather low. Again, why run one guy off UNTIL AFTER you have the other guy in hand? That just makes no sense and I think our staff is smarter than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Williams to Oregon is not an issue. He’s a project and more suited inside in my opinion. 
 

Banks is the guy we MUST get. He’s the best prospect at OT in this class and without question the one our staff is focused on getting.  If we lose him that’s going to be a rough. If we land him it will solidify this staffs recruiting chops and I have a hunch it would get us back in the conversation for Dewberry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Infro. from 24/7.  Banks one CB to A&M  and one ro Texas no precentage

                                 Campbell 100% to Texas

                                  Deberry 75% A&M 25% Ohio St. All of big OL targets left There is some Out of state OL targets left but none favoring Horns.

WRS Stewart 100 % Thompson Clemson 40% Texas 60%.

DBS Harris 100% Anderson 95% both for Texas

If these happen will be top five class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is impressive and bodes well for us.

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/elite-11-2021-day-three-rankings-grades-charting

 

Accuracy Gauntlet Rankings

1. Maalik Murphy (Texas commitment)

Average score: 2.097 

Total throws: 31 

Murphy attempted the second-least amount of throws on Friday, but was also the most deliberate and strategic in his attempts, finishing with the highest score of the day. Murphy’s poise was something of note throughout the event, but shined through to an even high degree during this event. 

Think 247 is bias towards Texas as they ranked Murphy 11th. Also noticed here while they talked of Oregon raising SEC territory but they never mention players that  OSU.&  bama raid Texas or would not be in national championship especially OSU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Think 247 is bias towards Texas as they ranked Murphy 11th. Also noticed here while they talked of Oregon raising SEC territory but they never mention players that  OSU.&  bama raid Texas or would not be in national championship especially OSU.

It's actually kind of impressive that MM is in the top 11 since that comp is based 50% on their Jr. seasons (I'm not 100% on that, but I believe that is true)....which is completely stupid, imo.  MM did not have a great season and it was only 5 games long.  Players like Quinn, Cade and Conner had a whole season to work with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

On OL Kelvin Banks of Humble Summer Creek...

IT posted earlier in the evening that they're still hearing Texas from their strongest source in that recruitment, but Banks hasn't informed any staff of his decision.

247 chimed in saying Banks spoke with the Texas staff today, things went well and there's still confidence on that side.

They also heard a reason for Banks moving up his decision was to help recruit for his future school.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kelvin-Banks-46082828/

I'm very confused by this recruitment. 

IT says their confidence level is still high on Texas and that this comes from a strong source. 

247 says their confidence is not high (in fact it's very low), but the Texas staff feels confident in Banks picking Texas.  However, they also say the winds are blowing away from Texas and likely towards ATM.

Honest question, is the Texas staff eternal optimists or are they just getting lied to and don't know how to read recruits?

One other point to address the last part of the above quote, the pessimist in me says that sure as hell sounds like an Aggy thing to do.  

Anyone have any quality thoughts on this recruitment?  SHA? Anyone?  I know, I know, we suck until we don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 Texas vs. Baylor

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

McLane Stadium
Waco, TX
Kickoff Time TBA - TV TBA


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    L 24-32
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...