Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

10 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Yup. Maybe reconsider Sexton?

Something doesn't add up right here if what Tfloss posted a day a go from IT is correct (not saying Tfloss is incorrect because he only relayed the info):

"IT reporting the staff told Sexton they won't have a spot for him, which would explain why he set a commitment date."

Did they whiff on Cam W. Or does the staff know something everyone else doesn't?  Or is IT full of it?

16 minutes ago, texbound said:

Something doesn't add up right here if what Tfloss posted a day from IT is correct:

"IT reporting the staff told Sexton they won't have a spot for him, which would explain why he set a commitment date."

Did they whiff on Cam W. Or does the staff know something everyone else doesn't?  Or is IT full of it?

It appears all our chips are on Campbell, Banks, Hutson and Robertson and we're head to head with stanford for him. Dewberry, Greene seem to have all fallen off the radar. 

Campbell has gone quiet, I still think Banks is sec sec, that leaves Hutson.

It's kind of thin.

Hope I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

It appears all our chips are on Campbell, Banks, Hutson and Robertson and we're head to head with stanford for him. Dewberry, Greene seem to have all fallen off the radar. 

It's kind of thin.

Hope I'm wrong.

Nothing against you NTX, but I hope you're wrong as well :)

4 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

It's kind of thin.

Hope I'm wrong.

Banks has been a big Texas lean for months. 

Honestly, this hasn't been a terrible week.  Texas picked up a commit from a RB nobody saw coming a week ago.  This closes the book on the RB room for 2022.  

Okay, so they didn't get a surprise commit from T. Brooks, but no one really expected him in this class a couple of weeks ago.  Denver Harris is the big CB get.

And they didn't get Cam Williams. Admittedly, i thought this one was going to be a get for them, but all will be good if they land 2 tomorrow/today. 

IF they get the 2 tomorrow, then that will be 3 commits in one week and all will be vital to this class.  That is a pretty good week.  If they only get 1 of 2, then it's still been good, but not pretty good.  It's all about perspective and the process.

2d9fa91b-891c-4e2f-9e57-376d280bbead_text.gif

Back in the late 80s, when I used to get up early to buy the Dallas Morning News with a quarter - the first Thursday in February to see who we got.... Texas was the perennial brides-made for the best of the best.  We could have been a dream team if we landed half of the Jesse Armstead’s  who announced on signing day and came down to Texas or:  Miami, Florida St, Notre Dame, et al....  This feels like that.

I’ll go with the “it’s a process” theory and “it really was a good week.”  But I’ve got a foot on the proverbial ledge.  

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Back in the late 80s, when I used to get up early to buy the Dallas Morning News with a quarter - the first Thursday in February to see who we got.... Texas was the perennial brides-made for the best of the best.  We could have been a dream team if we landed half of the Jesse Armstead’s  who announced on signing day and came down to Texas or:  Miami, Florida St, Notre Dame, et al....  This feels like that.

I’ll go with the “it’s a process” theory and “it really was a good week.”  But I’ve got a foot on the proverbial ledge.  

I remember those days,also how bout the weekly carton by Blackie Sherrod in  Herald about old SWC.

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to play for Mackovic if I were a defensive player.