Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

51 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Hamilton from IT reiterated that USC feels good about Gatson, and he isn't dismissing Citizen to Texas yet. 

I'd find it odd if the staff told Jones, a Texas lean, to cancel his trip and not at least see him on campus before taking a silent from Gatson.

[ shrug ]

Citizen would be the only other possibility, IMO.

12 hours ago, texbound said:

I really like Jordan Hudson, but I like the trio of CJ Williams, Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson to finish out the WR class.  Them along with Armani is a great WR class. 

Absolutely a fantastic class at WR.

From Bryce Anderson

“The four schools that are sticking out to me the most right now are Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M and LSU,” said Anderson.

Anderson was hoping to announce in early July but is now pushing that time back.

“I originally had it for July 4th but i'm going to push it back due to my high school team making it to the Texas State 7 on 7 tournament,” said Anderson. “So that means I won't be able to take all of my official visits, so it'll be after I take all of my official visits.”

Brennen Thompson showed up in Texas gear and there's a chance that Banks is on commit watch. Hopefully Sark can close. Jordan Hudson committing to SMU would be one of the most surprising recruiting decisions that I've seen....it would also mean that Texas should have hired Samples instead of Coleman.

• Administrators

Maybe an explanation on the RB situation, per IT.

RB Jovantae Barnes of Las Vegas, NV was on campus earlier in the week and is seriously considering Texas due to Sark, the offensive scheme and school prestige.

Sark and Coach Banks are leading his recruitment, and he'll start official visits in the fall.

https://247sports.com/player/jovantae-barnes-46094222/

• Administrators

Updated visitors list for this weekend (from all sites):

QB, Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA)
RB, Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
WR, Jordan Hudson, Garland High
WR, Shazz Preston, St. James (St. James, LA)
WR, Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
WR, Brenen Thompson, Spearman
WR, Armani Winfield, Lewsville
WR, CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
OL, Kelvin Banks, Humble Summer Creek
OL, Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
DT, Kristopher Ross, Galena Park North Shore
LB, Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
CB, Terrance Brooks, Little Elm
CB, Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore
S, Bryan Allen, Jr., Aledo

DE, Ashton Porter, Cypress Ranch

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Brennen Thompson showed up in Texas gear and there's a chance that Banks is on commit watch. Hopefully Sark can close. Jordan Hudson committing to SMU would be one of the most surprising recruiting decisions that I've seen....it would also mean that Texas should have hired Samples instead of Coleman.

Who was saying that on Banks?

• Administrators

On OL recruiting...IT saying Texas is "all in" on Cole Hutson (Frisco High) and Connor Robertson (Austin Westlake) as interior prospects.

Where it gets tricky is possibly having to decide between Jacob Sexton (Edmond, OK) and Cameron Williams (Duncanville).

Williams is supposed to be at OU this weekend, and a Duncanville source told them there's belief Texas has a slight lead right now.

If Williams doesn't fall in love with OU, the Texas side feels confident it can win him over on his official.

29 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Updated visitors list for this weekend (from all sites):

QB, Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA)
RB, Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain
WR, Jordan Hudson, Garland High
WR, Shazz Preston, St. James (St. James, LA)
WR, Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty
WR, Brenen Thompson, Spearman
WR, Armani Winfield, Lewsville
WR, CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
OL, Kelvin Banks, Humble Summer Creek
OL, Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
DT, Kristopher Ross, Galena Park North Shore
LB, Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
CB, Terrance Brooks, Little Elm
CB, Denver Harris, Galena Park North Shore
S, Bryan Allen, Jr., Aledo

DE, Ashton Porter, Cypress Ranch

Give me 4 of those WR's, both OL prospects and please, oh please give me both CB prospects.  Get both of those CB prospects and who gives a crap on who is playing S (not really, but the point is that both guys have the potential to be day 1 picks in the NFL). Defensive changing prospects right there, imo.  

There is one sure fire way to bring Texas back into the CFP playoff picture and that is to keep talent lile that from going out of state.  Same thing goes for Ewers, but that ship is on the horizon and getting smaller and smaller every day.  Luckily, they have a Maalick to step in.  Players like Harris and Brooks need to stay.  Pitch that to them.

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Look at it this way – He will be much easier to flip from SMU than he would have been at OU. He's caught up in the moment. At some point, he'll realize he really wants something bigger.

What you DON'T want to happen is Samples ending up at OU for some reason.

I’m glad we’ve got Andre Coleman. Offensive coordinator experience and really good recruiter. I see a lot of players mentioning Coleman both players on the roster and recruits. Nothing at all against Samples but if Sark liked Coleman enough to keep him then I’m sure good with it. 
This staff that Sark has assembled is very high level IMO. Way better staff top to bottom than we have had in a lot of years. 

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Bruh, welcome back. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What you DON'T want to happen is Samples ending up at OU for some reason.

Bite your tongue! As fickle as the football gods have been with Texas, the mere mention of this should be avoided.

20 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Any realistic guesses on the two " silents" from last week?.

Hutson, Cheeks, and Sexton.  Two of those three.  I think Hutson is definately one.

3 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

Any realistic guesses on the two " silents" from last week?.

Hutson and Sexton would be my guess. Could also be Derrick Brown.

Other schools have cooled on Sexton. Hearing they think he's got a low ceiling.