Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, Texas is working overtime to get WR Jordan Hudson of Garland High to campus for an official this weekend.

He is also considering visiting SMU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Hudson-46097244/

I really like Jordan Hudson, but I like the trio of CJ Williams, Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson to finish out the WR class.  Them along with Armani is a great WR class. 

12 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

247 reporting S Larry Turner-Gooden of Mission Hills, CA will be making an unofficial visit to Texas on Monday.

He plans to return for an official visit on October 15th.

Big news here with the potential firing of the Arizona State staff.

https://247sports.com/Player/Larry-Turner-Gooden-46056208/

This is good news.  The Bryce Anderson stuff is worrisome so I like the staff looking around.  Although, I do see Bryce as more of a NB and LTG as a S, so this may have nothing to do with the other.

4 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

According to IT, there's a chance that DT Tyre West of Tifton, GA shows up for an official visit this weekend, but said they wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyre-West-46083347/

Tfloss, I'm sorry to put this on you, but will you put out a list of all the visitors for this weekend?

6 hours ago, texbound said:

I really like Jordan Hudson, but I like the trio of CJ Williams, Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson to finish out the WR class.  Them along with Armani is a great WR class. 

Did I miss something with Kevin Coleman? There was a lot of chatter about his interest a while back but he’s never even mentioned anymore. What’s up with his recruitment?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT reporting LB Sebastian Cheeks of Evanston, IL will not officially visit Notre Dame this weekend, but it sounds like they told him not to come.

He will still visit Michigan next weekend.

https://247sports.com/player/sebastian-cheeks-46099187/

247 Notre Dame mod has put in a Texas crystal ball for Cheeks.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Did I miss something with Kevin Coleman? There was a lot of chatter about his interest a while back but he’s never even mentioned anymore. What’s up with his recruitment?

You didn't miss anything.

There's just not much going on there.

13 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

According to IT, RB Tavorus Jones of El Paso Burges will no longer make an official visit to Texas.

The first reaction here is Texas focusing elsewhere or has a commitment lined up (i.e. Gatson), but they aren't sure at this time what the staff is up to.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tavorus-Jones-46101298/

You have to think Gatson is coming. I've thought USC for Gatson to now. But this makes a lot of sense, too.

Jones must have been told that Texas was about to accept a commitment from somebody else and that would be all the RBs we'd take.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You have to think Gatson is coming. I've thought USC for Gatson to now. But this makes a lot of sense, too.

Jones must have been told that Texas was about to accept a commitment from somebody else and that would be all the RBs we'd take.

Hamilton from IT reiterated that USC feels good about Gatson, and he isn't dismissing Citizen to Texas yet. 

I'd find it odd if the staff told Jones, a Texas lean, to cancel his trip and not at least see him on campus before taking a silent from Gatson.

[ shrug ]

9 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Hamilton from IT reiterated that USC feels good about Gatson, and he isn't dismissing Citizen to Texas yet. 

I'd find it odd if the staff told Jones, a Texas lean, to cancel his trip and not at least see him on campus before taking a silent from Gatson.

[ shrug ]

Suchomel said Drayton told Jones we are full at RB.

[ another shrug ]

10 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

[ shrug ]

I'd also think if Gatson gets the green light at any point in time he's coming to Texas.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Slimer said:

I'd also think if Gatson gets the green light at any point in time he's coming to Texas.

Definitely, I just didn't see that happening BEFORE you bring in Jones.

Maybe Gatson told the staff he was headed to USC, and they reversed course.