Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****TEXAS vs. BAYLOR - SUNDAY, 3:35 PM GAME THREAD*****

• Administrators

ufcu_field_fans_ttu_p1803.jpg

Bryce Elder will take the mound this evening in Waco, as the Texas Longhorns (20-12) jump back into Big 12 play against the league-leading Baylor Bears (21-7).  

Weekend Series Starting Pitchers:

FRIDAY—Texas So. RHP Bryce Elder (2-1, 1.70) vs. Baylor R-So. RHP Jimmy Winston (3-0, 0.56)
SATURDAY—Texas Jr. RHP Blair Henley (4-1, 3.40) vs. Baylor Jr. LHP Paul Dickens (3-1, 3.65)
SUNDAY—Texas Fr. RHP Coy Cobb (0-2, 3.16) vs. Baylor Jr. RHP Hayden Kettler (2-2, 4.24)

All-time series record: Texas leads Baylor 247-110-4

Friday night's Game will be televised on ESPNU with first pitch taking place at 8:00 PM.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the quick turnaround that occurred between the last two posts

UT wins 8-6

Would rather split on the road than have a split at home.

1 minute ago, MikeV73 said:

This team has wasted more bases loaded opportunities this season than I have ever seen.  Need more disciplined hitting, seem to take good pitches and swing at crappy pitches.  

Ellis is the only player I trust in this lineup in those situations. 

4 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Ellis is the only player I trust in this lineup in those situations. 

Seems like it’s always our low order guys hitting .210 who are at the plate in these situations.  Of course it seems as if nobody on the roster delivers in these spots.  How about they change this trend to end this game?

8 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Top 9. Horns get 2 walks before Zubia grounds out to short. Still tied at 5. 

Could have won this game with a run there.  Why do we not have hitters in this lineup?  People hammer Shaka for recruiting too many shooters who can’t play all aspects of basketball.  Do we have an analogy here with the baseball team in reverse with defensive players who can’t hit?

5 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Could have won this game with a run there.  Why do we not have hitters in this lineup?  People hammer Shaka for recruiting too many shooters who can’t play all aspects of basketball.  Do we have an analogy here with the baseball team in reverse with defensive players who can’t hit?

Well 2 of our best hitters are out with season ending injuries. We did score 5 runs already with several chances at more. Have to hit to at least get in scoring position. 

I get we’ve had some bad at bats but it’s not that bad. Augie had several great teams who hit worse than this. 

I like Pierce, and players have to play complete games, but I’m not seeing a good product over the last few weeks.  We hammer Shaka for not closing out basketball games, Pierce is on the same trajectory currently in my opinion.  The pitching has dropped off significantly, and the pitching changes seem to be ineffective.  Players underperforming yes, but so is the coaching.  I am expecting the commentary that we have a young roster, and we are playing good teams, but we are still underperforming and dissapointing no matter who we are playing of late.

3 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Well 2 of our best hitters are out with season ending injuries. We did score 5 runs already with several chances at more. Have to hit to at least get in scoring position. 

I get we’ve had some bad at bats but it’s not that bad. Augie had several great teams who hit worse than this. 

I hear you, but players and coaches need to step up.  I am a great armchair coach who never played baseball so I know what I am talking about:D