Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****TEXAS vs. XAVIER - SUNDAY GAME THREAD - NOON*****

• Administrators

Joeywa is out of pocket for the series, so be sure to follow Travis Hlavinka (@travhlav) for play by play.

The Longhorns (17-11) will host the Musketeers (9-15) in a 3 game series that starts tonight at 7:00 PM.

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS

FRIDAY—Texas So. RHP Bryce Elder (2-1, 1.98) vs. Xavier Sr. RHP Damien Richard (0-1, 9.98)
SATURDAY—Texas Jr. RHP Blair Henley (3-1, 3.74) vs. Xavier So. RHP Griffin Lanoue (2-1, 6.27)
SUNDAY—Texas Fr. RHP Coy Cobb (0-2, 3.70) vs. Xavier Jr. RHP Conor Grammes (1-5, 7.33)

This series marks the first time these two teams have met on the baseball diamond.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So sorry for the late reply. I haven’t been online at all this week, except working.  I am doing great.  Been very blessed. I saw my doctor in February and he was all smiles with test results.  T

I love baseball. Rushed home from work. Took care of my pup, and fixed dinner to sit down and watch the Horns.  Then, in the 8th, when we were down by 1, I made a terrible mistake...I decided to

OK gents- 3-0 for the weekend is good. Let’s get one more on Tuesday.    Meanwhile, I’ll celebrate. 

Posted Images

I love baseball. Rushed home from work. Took care of my pup, and fixed dinner to sit down and watch the Horns. 

Then, in the 8th, when we were down by 1, I made a terrible mistake...I decided to lay down on the couch. Never made it through the 8th. 

I hate that, there is a good reason, but don’t like it. 

I have to get up between 4 and 4:30 M-F, and usually don’t get to bed until 10 or 10:30. We teach a long day, 7:45-3:45. 

When I was hired I was to teach Algebra  II, both pre-AP and level. The day before school started two years ago, I found out that I was going to teach the course that attracts the most disinterested kids, those with the most behavioral problems, some really good kids, and some kids who struggle. 

Basically, no math teacher wants it, and I was the only new hire with the experience to control them, but they are exhausting!

I won’t teach it next year. Someone else can. Everyone that makes the decision is onboard with that. Thank you, Lord. 

Hook ‘em!

Y’all need to look at that game a different way. The grit this team demonstrated by staying with it, being patient, and winning in the 12th is valuable. 

Do you recall the 2002 National Championship Tesm. They fell into the losers bracket at Big 12 tourney. Fought and clawed out of it, and won thewhole thing. 

This team has that grit, now let’s see if we can find a true close and great middle relief  

If Pierce isn’t using a Sports Psychologist with the pitchers, I think he should try it.

Hook ‘em!