Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USC Released Five-Star Recruit Bru McCoy From His NLI

Despite being released from his NLI, McCoy now faces his biggest hurdle in a potential transfer. He must receive a waiver from the NCAA in order to gain eligibility for the 2019 season.

https://thespun.com/college-football/usc-released-five-star-recruit-bru-mccoy-from-his-nli

6 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I’ve got somebody telling me he hasn’t been fully released from his LOI from USC.  I can’t find any links to dispute it for some reason.  Anybody got a good link showing he’s rec’d a full release

PD helped you out, but you should have reversed the whip on him. Why is Bru McCoy practicing with Texas when he has a legal commitment to play elsewhere?

You can't play for one team, on scholarship, while occupying a scholarship somewhere else for another team.

I did, he just said that because there wasn’t an official announcement from USC and Texas hasn’t filed it was because he hasn’t been officially released yet.  I’ve since figured out he’s an Aggy so there you have it.   Like Clay Helton was gonna make a public statement saying their best recruit really didn’t want to be there....

3 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I did, he just said that because there wasn’t an official announcement from USC and Texas hasn’t filed it was because he hasn’t been officially released yet.  I’ve since figured out he’s an aggy so there you have it.   Like Clay Helton was gonna make a public statement saying their best recruit really didn’t want to be there....

FIFY

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The only thing that hasn’t been confirmed is whether or not McCoy will be eligible. Helton told McCoy and his family that they were not going to hold him hostage if he wanted to leave.

Texas announced Bru as a signee back in February so I think your friend is misinformed. 

I think you missed the part where he said the guy was an aggy, lol. it explains everything. lol

I may regret saying this, but I'm very confident that Bru will be approved. Bru being approved is a smart and just decision, however we're dealing with the NCAA. None the less it's in the NCAA financial interest to have a talented and exciting player playing then sitting on the sidelines.

Another reason is that it would bring attention to the difference between the way coaches are treated then players. I would think the NCAA would not like this spotlight.

Finally, if Bru was turned down after some of the other players were approved if would not look good.. Justin Fields being called a racial slur was bad and I can understand if he wanted to leave, but Georgia dismissed that student which made it one student not the University. I guess Ohio State doesn't have any racist students. The only reason Tate Martell transferred was because of Fields. The NCAA will have a lot of angry UT fans if he's not approved and with good reason.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, Drb522 said:

I’ve got somebody telling me he hasn’t been fully released from his LOI from USC.  I can’t find any links to dispute it for some reason.  Anybody got a good link showing he’s rec’d a full release

I think what they meant was McCoy hasn't gotten approval from the NCAA to play this year yet.

5 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I think what they meant was McCoy hasn't gotten approval from the NCAA to play this year yet.

No this guy was saying Texas/McCoy hadn’t filed the paperwork because he hadn’t been released from his NLI.  He said Herman was full of crap saying they were waiting to see how the other high profile cases played out.  He was saying USC was holding out and Herman was lying

18 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

No this guy was saying Texas/McCoy hadn’t filed the paperwork because he hadn’t been released from his NLI.  He said Herman was full of crap saying they were waiting to see how the other high profile cases played out.  He was saying USC was holding out and Herman was lying

A day later, it’s now being reported that USC has granted McCoy a release from his National Letter of Intent, which the prospect signed last December.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/25/report-usc-releases-five-star-2019-signee-bru-mccoy-from-nli/