Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****Texas vs. Arkansas Baseball - Midweek Series Thread*****

38 minutes ago, joeywa said:

B7

Hibbeler F6

Ellis walk

Todd Walk

Kennedy Walk

Horns get bases loaded, with one out.

Zubia F9, Ellis comes home and is thrown out at the plate; reviewed, (and it sure looked like he was safe,) but blue says out.

Horns up 7-5 thru 7 complete

Maybe I'm a homer (OK, I admit I am) however it did appear he beat the throw/tag at the plate. It was a long look and probably not conclusive enough for the ump but if you're going to use instant replay, use it! Glad that didn't cost the Horns!

Just now, tejasrulz said:

Maybe I'm a homer (OK, I admit I am) however it did appear he beat the throw/tag at the plate. It was a long look and probably not conclusive enough for the ump but if you're going to use instant replay, use it! Glad that didn't cost the Horns!

No doubt he was safe. 

The replay that clearly showed it was only shown once. 

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

He was safe.  I'm of the opinion that blue just used that time to go grab a hot dog and some Dr Pepper and didn't once look at the replay. 

Great game by the guys, and great game management by Pierce. 

Apologize for being MIA. Seasonal allergies are kicking my butt right now-seriously. Think it’s Oak and Pine. Fine yellow powder covering anything outside within an hour. It’s bad!

Thanks, Joey. 

2 hours ago, java said:

Great game by the guys, and great game management by Pierce. 

Apologize for being MIA. Seasonal allergies are kicking my butt right now-seriously. Think it’s Oak and Pine. Fine yellow powder covering anything outside within an hour. It’s bad!

Thanks, Joey. 

I hear you. We have spent many winters and springs in Rockport.  Our Jeep and motorhome would get a continual dusting of yellow.

The Horns are pulling out these games out on sure grit and determination.  I'm a little concerned with the offense going forward.  I know they're finding ways to do it, but the bats need to start coming alive.  Timely hitting with RISP especially.