Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

NCAA Selection Sunday Thread

Longhorns have made the NCAA Tournament 18 of the last 20 years.  Slim, slim odds of receiving an at-large bid today.  After the field of 32 automatic qualifying teams are slotted, is Texas one of the best remaining 36 teams?  

No .500 team has ever received an at-large bid to play in the Big Dance.

Let's discuss that and everything else tournament-related here.

There are 68 better teams than Texas right now...that is totally unacceptable for a university with our resources, it looks to be the weakest program at the 40 Acres...we deserve better

1 hour ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

I'm not a big basketball guy, but what was the point of moving on from Barnes if this is the result ?   Anyways, hindsight is 20/20.

Barnes leaving was good for both him and Texas at the time. It appears he has loosened up a bit since he has been at Tenn. Glad he is doing well and wish him the best.

At the time, I must admit I was pumped when Texas hired Smart. Young and energetic with what appeared to be a bright future ahead of him. I'm not sure why it isn't working out but these Texas teams are nothing like his VCU teams were.

From what little I have read I think he only had one really good season. And I think the word “havoc” was media generated.

Actually I’m certainly not an expert regarding Smart’s history. But I wish we had never hired him.

5 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Barnes leaving was good for both him and Texas at the time. It appears he has loosened up a bit since he has been at Tenn. Glad he is doing well and wish him the best.

At the time, I must admit I was pumped when Texas hired Smart. Young and energetic with what appeared to be a bright future ahead of him. I'm not sure why it isn't working out but these Texas teams are nothing like his VCU teams were.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but I think I have this right regarding Shaka and his time at VCU.

VCU won their conference the 3 years before Shaka came. They never won the conference while he was there and then won the conference the year after he left. 

5 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

From what little I have read I think he only had one really good season. And I think the word “havoc” was media generated.

Actually I’m certainly not an expert regarding Smart’s history. But I wish we had never hired him.

See my post above. You're are correct. He had one really good year in 10-11 and made the final four.

Never won a conference championship in 6 years. VCU won their conference the 3 years before he came and the year after he left.